Looking for advice as to fun stuff to do in Nassau on a budget

Resturants, bars, beaches, "must do"

Also, I have heard you can get drink packages once on board

Looking specifically for a just beer one for him

and a wine/mixed drink/frozen drink for me

As we are on a very tight budget

I seen advertisements on how smuggle alcohol on board in specially

made containers just for this

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated from what I listed above to advice/comments from anyone who has sailed that ship etc

Thanks so much

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

For RCCL questions, you get the most and the best info by researching over on the RCCL board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

For Bahamas info, there is a Bahamas board on CC, right here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Smuggling booze on board is a poor choice. Responsible adults know that a business is allowed to make rules for it's property- i.e. the ship. Adults respect that. After all, you have rules for your home or business, and you expect others to respect them, right?

Good luck!

Go to rumrunners.com for smuggleing booze/wine on board.

I am not aware of any beer or other packages other than soda packages. He can get a bucket of beer, 4 or 5 bottles in a bucket of ice for less than cost of one each. Friends take the beer they don't drink back to their cabin and put them in their fridge for later drinking.

Depending on the ship you each may be able to take one bottle of wine each aboard in your carry on. Check this out. If you take a bottle to the dining room you will be charged a corkage fee to open it even if you have opened it! I just take my glass of wine into the MDR with me, no problems. Oh, you can get wine glasses from any bar.

In Nassau go to Senior Frogs. It is right past the straw market, on the water and LOADS of fun. No kids or teen are ever there, sit inside, you can see more of what will be going on inside. We have heard the laughter from the ship from here when we stayed on our ship! I'd say go right after lunch or around 12-1pm.

Coco key is their own island so check what the ships says is availabe there. Been there but we snorkel so did that and sat on the beach.

We haven't been on the Monarch for a long time but did enjoy the ship!

My bf and I went on this same cruise last November. In Nassau we rented a scooter and drove to atlantis to look around then to arawalk cay? (sp) to eat conch fritters. Then drive farther down toward cable beach (near sandals and breezes) to a cheaper market. In coco we parasailed and jet skied .. As for packages, there are none in the category you are looking at. We did fill a "scope" bottle w vanilla vodka and it made it to our room

Enjoy your time!

RCI does not offer any alcohol packages on Monarch, just the soda package. RCI does not allow passengers to carry on any alcoholic beverages, not even one bottle of wine. (They used to allow wine, but changed the policy years ago.) RCI also does not offer any bar setups or consumption fees to take onboard alcohol purchases to the cabin. Whether you (try to) sneak alcohol onboard is up to you. We don't do it, regardless of budget, but I don't intend to lecture anyone who does. As long as someone else's drinking doesn't negatively affect my cruise time, I'll leave the indignation to others.

Definitely check out the Bahamas and RCI forums here.

beachchick

Archived