BEST (and easiest) way to get to Hotel Bucintoro from the cruise ship?

winncruiser

I know this question has been asked (and answered) 1,000 times but I'm getting nervous as we are leaving for Europe in a few days and not feeling sure of myself regarding this.

We will be on the Star Princess...wondering if we can still use our shuttle passes the day we disembark to get to St. Mark's Square. I think our hotel is just past that.

Thank you for your help!

I'm not sure about your shuttle passes, but to be on the safe side, I would print & take the map that the hotel has on their website, along with their directions.

The hotel appears to be a ways from Piazza San Marco (just over 1/2 mile according to google maps).

Links to: Hotel Website & Google directions

please help me!

No worries. The best and easiest way is a private water taxi but they are expensive. You can usually share which brings the cost down.

You don't want the ship's shuttle as you would have quite a long walk from St. Mark's.

The second easiest way is to take the alilaguna blue line water bus from the Maritime terminal to the ARSENALE stop. It is the 5th stop after you leave the cruise terminal.The cost is 7 euro per person and the alilaguna boats run every 30 minutes at 2 minutes before the half hour.

If you copy and paste these numbers into the search box of google earth or google maps , you will see the alilaguna dock 45.438131,12.312326

Don't forget the comma.

http://www.alilaguna.it Cheers Have a great cruise. P.S. borrow rick Steve's guide to Venice from your library and pick up a map of Venice ASAP

No worries. The best and easiest way is a private water taxi but they are expensive. You can usually share which brings the cost down.

You don't want the ship's shuttle as you would have quite a long walk from St. Mark's.

The second easiest way is to take the alilaguna blue line water bus from the Maritime terminal to the ARSENALE stop. It is the 5th stop after you leave the cruise terminal.The cost is 7 euro per person and the alilaguna boats run every 30 minutes at 2 minutes before the half hour.

If you copy and paste these numbers into the search box of google earth or google maps , you will see the alilaguna dock 45.438131,12.312326

Don't forget the comma.

http://www.alilaguna.it Cheers Have a great cruise. P.S. borrow rick Steve's guide to Venice from your library and pick up a map of Venice ASAP

Your hotel is beside the naval museum. There is one fairly large bridge with about 30 steps between the waterbus stop and the hotel. This is a picture of the bridge with the building next to your hotel in the left background.

1522522687_Screenshot2011-09-21at9_23_18PM.jpg.4fe179804c4a2a89178e653cf6057559.jpg

When we took Alilaguna from the port, the ONLY stop was San Marco. I think the OP may be stuck with a water taxi--whch are plentiful at the port and there will be people looking to share.

if you go to the alilaguna web site, you will see that the old direct line to St mark's has been eliminated. The blue line incorporates the old direct line with added stops at Hilton Molino Stucky, Zattere and Arsenale and on to the airport. You shouldn't give outdated information. I agree that water taxi is easiest. http://www.alilaguna.it

if you go to the alilaguna web site, you will see that the old direct line to St mark's has been eliminated. The blue line incorporates the old direct line with added stops at Hilton Molino Stucky, Zattere and Arsenale and on to the airport. You shouldn't give outdated information. I agree that water taxi is easiest. www.alilaguna.it

That's great news--thanks for the update. DH seems hell bent on taking the water taxi from the airport, but now that I can get him closer with Alilaguna, I may have a shot at saving us some $$$!

That's great news--thanks for the update. DH seems hell bent on taking the water taxi from the airport, but now that I can get him closer with Alilaguna, I may have a shot at saving us some $$$!

I agree with your DH. Water taxi is the way to go to/from the airport. It saves you about an hour and can usually be shared. If you mean from the Hilton to the port, only 1 stop, then alilaguna by all means.

Hotel Bucintoro is at the Arsenal stop. Maybe 100 yards, one bridge away. It is on the Alilaguana line as well as the vaporetta lines. We love to take water taxis when in Venice, but you certainly do not have to when going to this hotel. Look at their website for information. By the way, you will love this little hotel where all the rooms look like cabins on a yacht!

Archived