Mid or Aft - Emerald/Ruby

CHOPPERTESTER

I want to book a cruise on the Emerald or Ruby in Feb 2012. I have heard rumours that they do not allow smoking on any level at the aft pool. Can someone confirm this? If so then I will pick a mid ship cabin closer to the port side open upper deck smoking area instead of the aft area.

I want to book a cruise on the Emerald or Ruby in Feb 2012. I have heard rumours that they do not allow smoking on any level at the aft pool. Can someone confirm this? If so then I will pick a mid ship cabin closer to the port side open upper deck smoking area instead of the aft area.

If you smoke, Princess doesn't care about you. If the location of the smoking area is important to you, don't change rooms, change cruise lines. We did.:(

If you smoke, Princess doesn't care about you. If the location of the smoking area is important to you, don't change rooms, change cruise lines. We did.:(

This doesn't help me at all Bob. The cruise line does not want to commit smoking areas to the deck plans so these forums are the only way I can find out where the areas are so I can choose my cabin location accordingly.

Other side of the coin is the cruise line doesn't want to post the smoking areas on the deck plans to avoid non-smokers not booking cabins near those areas.

Somewhere between midship and aft are good areas. We generally choose more aftward ... like C 700's. Quiet, little foot traffic, and close to the aft elevators and stairs.

There is an outdoor bar one deck above the aft pool, and there has been a smoking area on one side at the railing overlooking the pool. That's the way it was on the Emerald when I cruised on her in March.

Archived