How are the beds on NCL?

FINTUCKYFARMS

NCL has excellent bedding systems. The beds are extremely comfortable and DH and I sleep so well on NCL's beds. LOVE them. The bedding systems we've experienced the last several cruises on NCL have a built in foam topper and it is sooooo plush. Together with the firm mattress and the platform base on the beds, NCL has very comfortable beds.

Bed comfort is probably more subjective than even food. For us, on the Sky and the Spirit (our only 2 NCL ships so far), the beds were kind of hard. We asked for an egg crate topper on the Spirit and it helped quite a bit.

I don't remember having a problem on Pricess and I thought RCCL was fine on both the Sovereign and the Explorer.

Really? Maybe they are better in the suites. All I can say is , I slept so well that when we got home I tried to locate the dealer so I could buy one.

No luck they come from sweden or some such country .

There is dealer in Florida but it was quite expensive to go through the hoops.

Just need to book another cruise...;)

NCL Suites offer a pillow menu. Not sure about the regular cabins. In the suites, the beds are plush and linens really nice - no complaints whatsoever. If you find the duvet too hot to sleep under, as we did, ask for blankets and the cabin steward will change the bed for you - we did this for our May sailings and it worked out great!

NCL has excellent bedding systems. The beds are extremely comfortable and DH and I sleep so well on NCL's beds. LOVE them. The bedding systems we've experienced the last several cruises on NCL have a built in foam topper and it is sooooo plush. Together with the firm mattress and the platform base on the beds, NCL has very comfortable beds.

Do you stay in suites? If not, what ships have you been on? I was on the Spirit this past March and the Sky the year before, and although the bedding was nice, the mattresses could never be defined as plush and there was no foam topper.

Really? Maybe they are better in the suites. All I can say is , I slept so well that when we got home I tried to locate the dealer so I could buy one.

No luck they come from sweden or some such country .

There is dealer in Florida but it was quite expensive to go through the hoops.

Just need to book another cruise...;)

I wonder if it is the suite difference or the fact that you have been on different ships than me. Hmmmm. I will get to sail the Star this coming May and will get to see for myself I guess. (Still in an interior cabin though :()

Do you stay in suites? If not, what ships have you been on? I was on the Spirit this past March and the Sky the year before, and although the bedding was nice, the mattresses could never be defined as plush and there was no foam topper.

Our last two NCL cruises have been on Epic. The foam topper I mentioned is called a "pillow top". An eggcrate topper is not needed on top of the Epic mattresses as they are so dreamy just the way they are.

We have never been in a suite on NCL. We always book standard balcony cabins. We have been on Star, Dawn, Spirit, Pearl, Gem, Jewel and Sky. To be honest, I don't recall if these ships actually have the new bedding that we had on Epic. I don't recall ever having difficulty sleeping on any of NCL's ships, however.

I remember when NCL rolled out Freestyle 4.0 a few years ago (think that was the name of it), they outfitted all their ships with new bedding systems. I'm not sure if those bedding systems were the delicious bedding we had on Epic.

Hope that helps.

My boyfriend and I are booked on the Sky in December. We have an OV room and I assume it has two twin beds that convert to a full/queen. how exactly does that work? Do we just push them together and ignore the inevitable gap?

We had an oceanview room on the Oslo deck. It is that area forward that is between the sixth and seventh floors, only accessible by stairs. The beds were already pushed together and you could not feel any gap. It was an extremely comfortable room and I actually fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon and took a nap. I never take naps and have a hard time sleeping at night. Heck, I never even took a nap as a kid but on the Sky I did! You will be very comfortable.

We just got off the Jewel - Penthouse suite cabin. I am totally thinking I am a bed snob :D The mattress did have a built in cushion but after 2 nights sleeping on it, I had to ask for more cushion - we have a kings down bed and it is like laying on melted butter so soft I love it. So I do think personal comfort is subjective. I also did not think that the bedding was a big deal either. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but we sleep on nicer sheets, etc. So yes I will admit it....I am a bed/sheet snob :D

Our bed on the Gem was, well....Bliss! It was the MOST comfortable cruise ship bed EVER! I know there are different beds on different ships and I hear that our cabin on the Star has one of the non-Bliss beds----so double check before you book! Enjoy!

I have heard that the beds are a bit short on length for taller people. Can anyone comment on if they are lacking foot room on the Epic specifically or is this just a factor of how the beds are slightly rounded to match the curvature of the room?

Not sure of the Epic, but we were on the Pride, best sleep ever, and my husband is 6' 5". Hope this helps :)

Archived