Puerto Vallarta - ideas please!

waggie

I don't know what cruise line you are on or any idea on who you are cruising with . . . perhaps if you add that more people would be able to offer more detailed suggestions. However, in PV we went on a Pirate Ship Excursion that was incredible. I was very skeptical about how much fun it would be but everyone that was on the ship enjoyed it. They serve a full breakfast and lunch, you have a personal pirate that makes sure you are having a great time (they are the personal pirate for about 15 - 20 people). They put on a pirate show on the way out to their private beach. The private beach has all sorts of activities, for kids and adults (kids treasure hunt, strongest man contest, volleyball court, kayaking, water banana, swimming) They make sure your glass is never empty. If you go make sure you check out the bathrooms! :D

I don't know what cruise line you are on or any idea on who you are cruising with . . . perhaps if you add that more people would be able to offer more detailed suggestions. However, in PV we went on a Pirate Ship Excursion that was incredible. I was very skeptical about how much fun it would be but everyone that was on the ship enjoyed it. They serve a full breakfast and lunch, you have a personal pirate that makes sure you are having a great time (they are the personal pirate for about 15 - 20 people). They put on a pirate show on the way out to their private beach. The private beach has all sorts of activities, for kids and adults (kids treasure hunt, strongest man contest, volleyball court, kayaking, water banana, swimming) They make sure your glass is never empty. If you go make sure you check out the bathrooms! :D

Whats the private island called? How long and how much was the excursion?

We did the Las Caletas and loved it. Great beach, lots of activities to do.

I love PV...you can take a taxi to downtown or Misolaya Beach...and just walk around or hang.

If we ever visit PV again, I am going to try the zip linning.

do you have photos? I'm going in Jan and i hear the water will be cold. I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do

There are tons of things to do- something literally for everyone.

I guess it depends mainly on what interests you. The Outdoor Adventure is BEST of the zip-lining tours- amazing and super fun!

Las Caleteas by Day is a great beach tour with awesome staff, drinks food and there is a TON to do for the entire family. (Monkey and parrots, nature hike, Spa, mini-zip line for the kids....) Usually you see dolphins along the way- and whales in whale season.

You can explore downtown, lots of shopping, restaurants and a fun place to hang out with cheap drinks and good food is the Sea Monkey on Los Muertos beach.

There are city buses for the 6.5 Pesos p/p each way- bus stops right in front of Soriana near the dock. Take one that says Centro and get off just after it takes a left at the park. You are at the start of the Malecon.

Puerto Vallarta is safe, beautiful and fun to explore!

You will be sorry if you miss this 1, we just came back on Sat. and this was the hilight for us! Great value for the money and the pirates are AWESOME:) If you have children you can't miss this and if not you still should go for the food, booze, show and beach, not to mention the "view" (of the pirates):) LOL

Archived