Behind The Fun Tour - clashes with anything?

Trin1103

Hi all!

We are sailing on the Elation on Jan 23rd 2012 (see my sig) - and I want to surprise my hubby and rush him to the excursion desk the minute we get on board and sign us up for the Behind the Fun Tour for our 5-day cruise (depart NOLA Jan. 23rd, in Progreso, Mx Jan. 25th, in Cozumel Jan. 26th, then get back to NOLA Jan. 28th - two sea days).

My question is - does anybody know what day Carnival tend to do the Behind the Fun Tour? We have a shore excursion booked on our Cozumel day, and I was just concerned that they might do something weird like hold it on a port day as opposed to a sea day. Surely they do Behind the Fun on a sea day, right??

Thanks for any input!!

..Trin..

Thanks folks - I really appreciate the feedback there! Now you mention it - I think I have read elsewhere on here that it is done on the last sea day. That will be an awesome way to spend our last full day on the ship!! :D

..Trin..

I had almost forgotten but a CC member wrote an extensive review of the BtF tour a little less than two years ago - here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1094360

I was fascinated that he was able to recall so many details, especially since you're not allowed to take pictures or videos during the tour. It's a really good read. ;)

Tried writing this earlier, but, of course, Cruise Critic timed out. What I remember the tour clashing with most back in November 2009 on the Miracle was the Chocolate Buffet on the last day of the cruise. If that is your thing, you're likely going to completely miss it.

I'd love to do it as well. But because it is on the last sea day, it's clashing with my plans to bake in the sun and be lazy.

I wanted to do this tour too, but for the same reason as you I am not! :) I only have 2 sea days on my cruise so I am going to enjoy them as much as I can! :)

Hi all!

We are sailing on the Elation on Jan 23rd 2012 (see my sig) - and I want to surprise my hubby and rush him to the excursion desk the minute we get on board and sign us up for the Behind the Fun Tour for our 5-day cruise (depart NOLA Jan. 23rd, in Progreso, Mx Jan. 25th, in Cozumel Jan. 26th, then get back to NOLA Jan. 28th - two sea days).

My question is - does anybody know what day Carnival tend to do the Behind the Fun Tour? We have a shore excursion booked on our Cozumel day, and I was just concerned that they might do something weird like hold it on a port day as opposed to a sea day. Surely they do Behind the Fun on a sea day, right??

Thanks for any input!!

..Trin..

Usually the last 'at sea day'

We were able to take a bathroom break. We stopped at the Crew lounge, got some cookies and drink, and then we could use the bathroom.

I did not think it was very steep steps, but you have to have good shoes, with non slippery soles. The floors in the kitchen, freezer area can be slippery.

We got done right before noon, and were able to go up and get the Choc. buffet as soon as it opened.

Claudia

Yes, the last sea day. I enjoyed it a lot. Especially being able to stand on the plexiglass panel on the bridge, looking straight down at the waves below.

O..........M............G..............I'M SO THERE!!! :eek: Do all ships have that???

DH will be like a kid in a candy shop...........;)

..Trin..

Yes, I think all ships have it now. As soon as you board, go to the tour desk and give them your names. They will put you on the list. They only take a certain amount of people. We had less than 20 on our tour. Later on in the cruise you will receive the information with your tickets. It will tell you the time and where to meet.

We loved it.

Claudia

We've taken the tour twice on 2 different class of ships and had a bathroom break both times and were able to get drinks in the crew mess and sit for a few mins, I guess it depends on your guide. It is alot of walking and metal crew stair climbing, but well worth it, so much behind the scenes that you don't think about! Plus you get to see the engine control room AND the bridge and meet the captain and have a pic with him.

O..........M............G..............I'M SO THERE!!! :eek: Do all ships have that???

DH will be like a kid in a candy shop...........;)

..Trin..

I'm pretty sure all the ships' bridges have those clear floor panels on either end of the bridge area. And of course, every tour probably has one smart a$$ who asks "this is a trap door right?".... our tour certainly did. :mad:

Archived