Sting Ray Tours - for older adults

GoldiLox247

Hello,

Several years ago we went on one of the Sting Ray tours in Grand Cayman and loved it. This year our mothers are joining us and we would love to take them on one of these tours, but we are concerned about the physical requirements of getting off and back on the boat. As I recall we jumped off the back of the boat into the water and then getting back on required climbing a ladder out of the water, which would be difficult for them.

Does anyone know of a tour that has a more 'senior friendly' method of getting on and off the boat at the sand bar?

Thank you!

I saw the Marineland Tours boats out at the sandbar once, and they had awesome looking steps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1448179

One of the best suggestions that I've seen here was to contact the companies directly, and ask them what they think. Many of them also have pictures of their boats on their websites. There are tons of threads here with suggestions and reviews of companies that will give you an idea of where to start...

Hello,

Several years ago we went on one of the Sting Ray tours in Grand Cayman and loved it. This year our mothers are joining us and we would love to take them on one of these tours, but we are concerned about the physical requirements of getting off and back on the boat. As I recall we jumped off the back of the boat into the water and then getting back on required climbing a ladder out of the water, which would be difficult for them.

Does anyone know of a tour that has a more 'senior friendly' method of getting on and off the boat at the sand bar?

Thank you!

We did a ship's tour with Carnival - I'm in my 60s, my sisters are in their 70s and we had no problem. Getting into the water was by a ladder at the back that was very stable. One sister had trouble keeping her footing in the water a bit, but that was all. We had a wonderful time.

Archived