Where to eat N the NOLA

DADDYOFTHE7SEAZ

Cruising out of New Orleans in a few weeks and having trouble locating a place to dine the day before we leave. I have searched trip-advisor for ideas but all have mixed reviews about prices or not kid friendly. Based on what I've read, was leaning more towards Oceana Grill or Mulate's. Anyone know of these places or can make any suggestions? Looking for fried seafood platters(love fried oysters), shrimp, fresh fish, red beans and rice and jumbalaya. PLEASE HELP:confused:

I would ask on the gulf ports departures thread where people looking at your thread are from the gulf in particular.

It depends to me on where your hotel is. When I stayed at Drury we walked to Brothers, which is ala carte. The beans and rice have tons of delicious ham. I also had the shrimp gumbo which also was delicious. right at dinner the line does get pretty long. They have other local fare including plates and poor boys, but I dont remember fried, but they might have had fried fish.

PS the ala carte choices came in 3 sizes. small was like a small coffee cup size, medium was like a small cereal bowl, and large was a large bowl.

I go to NOLA a lot. Can't really recommend Mulates - not all that good, IMO. I like K-Paul's Kitchen, Antoine's Restaurant (great pompano - you will never forget it if you have it!), Arnauds, Broussards, Commander's Palace, GW Fins (perhaps a bit too dressy for night before a cruise) and Brennan's. I would consider any of these restaurants appropriate for a family to dine at.

Archived