t-shirts in the MDR (non-elegant) no-no or go-go?

chihomg

I say go for it. It is not against the dress code that Carnival has. If other people do not like what you are wearing, who cares? Excuse me, you need to go and read the dress code...How many t-shirts have a collar, you have to wear shirts WITH a collar..I guess in Arkansas t-shirt are formal and have a collar....Dennis
There is no formal night on Carnival, why the need to discriminate on where they are from?:confused: I mean if you said from New York I would understand.

If you look like the guy in the picture posted on special weight solid color v's and very hip new dark jeans , belt and shoes/boots..I'd say go for it, but have another option..the Enrique Iglesias look without the hat in the dining room..LOL

Here in Montana there are many black tie and blue jean events that are a look i am noticing is more mainstream...new dark jeans, dress vests with those t-shirts now instead of dress western shirts and ties for the 'metrosexual' Montanan as opposed to the Cowboy Montanan..LOL..i bet if done right it could work for dress casual even.

See picture 4... leave out hoodie and make t-shirt dark.

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_55/enrique-iglesias/styles

metrosexual montanan had me laughing for a good minute!

Excuse me, you need to go and read the dress code...How many t-shirts have a collar, you have to wear shirts WITH a collar..I guess in Arkansas t-shirt are elegant and have a collar....Dennis

Actually you need to be the one that needs to go and read the dress code. The only time that t-shirts are forbidden are on formal nights. It does not say that shirts with collars are manditory, but it does state plain as day that they only time t-shirts are forbidden are on formal night.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Now to comment on the Arkansas remark. UMMM, Collierville, TN is not any different than Jonesboro AR. I lived there until a few years ago. And I can say with complete confidence that I am less of a redneck than you. Only a redneck would feel the need to criticize someone because of where they currently live or to worry if someone else is wearing a t-shirt in a dining room

Diana

On my last cruise I cannot remember a single guy NOT wearing a t-shirt in the MDR. IMO as long as it isn't 4x too big for you then you are fine, and like mentioned above.. no affliction/ed hardy or tap out.. yes! you will be laughed at :cool:

haha! up until a year ago i had no clue what affliction and ed hardy was. thank you mike the situation and paulie for helping me out with that.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Right in the middle of the dress code for casual night it says COLLARED SPORTS SHIRTS...Thank you very much for pulling that up...In my opionion there are lots of ME generation people cruising that don't really care if there is a dress code......Dennis

Sarah, Metrosexual in Montana????HA you funnnnnnnnny;):p

Sorry I had to say that, one of my best friends is from Montana, she used to say "I'm from Montana, where men are men and women are too" She's just too funny, and joking of course!!!

Cheers, Carole

LOL I know..i am really stretching it....but there are a few here in what sometimes..especially in summer and ski holidays is known as Bozangeles..LOL..and up in Big Sky..and Polson/Kaiispell....but a LOT like your friend says too..LOL..what a cross section and rarely do the 2 groups collide {except those of us who lived away and loved the city too..and only survived and did not love ranches or big time outdoors and winter/ hunting/ fishing all the time}..LOL..again..stretching it but not much..LOL.

On the road...like tonite... two deer crossed in front of me at "rush hour" which is a contradiction in terms but stlll crowded enough for trouble with the park and tourists and transplants... and i was driving slow enough but souls behind me almost were not...on state highway.. except one Godsend guy who also was from here and knows this area where they are and slowed down as soon as i did and he saw deer no 2 or 3 and threw on his emergency blinkers!! :):)

So glad we got our humor back LOL..sarah

metrosexual montanan had me laughing for a good minute!

So Glad..hey that V T that someone else posted, was hot..you know the good look...not shabby..you'll rock on the non elegant nights and then you know a step up on elegant but no overboard needed and you will be in the middle..you have to be really bad if kicked out....sarah

Actually you need to be the one that needs to go and read the dress code. The only time that t-shirts are forbidden are on formal nights. It does not say that shirts with collars are manditory, but it does state plain as day that they only time t-shirts are forbidden are on formal night.

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Now to comment on the Arkansas remark. UMMM, Collierville, TN is not any different than Jonesboro AR. I lived there until a few years ago. And I can say with complete confidence that I am less of a redneck than you. Only a redneck would feel the need to criticize someone because of where they currently live or to worry if someone else is wearing a t-shirt in a dining room

Diana

i guess you are one of the ones that think the bar is now so low, that underwear needs to be listed on the prohibited list. <Rolling eyes>

I guess the correct answer to the original question(s) is "yes" and "yes."

Yes, you may wear your t-shirt to the dining room.

Yes, you will stick out like a sore thumb.

I think the answer is yes and no!

There were plenty of T-Shirts in the MDR for Non-Elegant dinner each night on the Legend a few weeks ago. DH wore a T-Shirt for a couple of those and did not stick out like a sore thumb.

TuxTShirt.jpg

A nice tux-T says, I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.:D

Yup, we had a guy on the Glory with a "T" shirt that had a picture of a black collar, black short sleeves, and of course a black neck tie (not a bow tie). His "T" shirt did not have the line for a ruffle shirt either. He was also wearing blue jean cut-off (not hemmed) shorts, and a "NY Yankees" baseball cap on sideways :eek:.

Just an observation, nt a complaint. I'm old school, and do find his appearal incorrect choice, but I will not let it ruin our dinner or cruise. I think part of the attire problem may be the fact that "Carnival" bieng the "FUN :)" ship(s), does not want to offend their cruisers (paying customers). This is only one of the so called Carnival rules not being , or only laxly enforced.

I saw a heavily tattooed young man who was wearing a tank top in the MDR, not only that, it looked like the old "wife beaters". Thankfully he put on a button-down shirt for formal night, no tie, but I was grateful for the effort anyway. I don't care about t-shirts, I just don't want to see people's chest hair and tattoos while eating.

we did t-shirts EVERY night except cruise-elegant night.....we even wore cargo shorts on our last night...IN the MDR....OMG...can't believe us!

anything goes....nobody cares except the snots

So, I guess with your thinking that anyone who dresses as suggested and disagrees with you is a snot huh? Wow!

There are different types of T-shirts. I have logo t-shirts which I would not wear in the dining room but then I have cotton shirts which by branding are technically a t-shirt but something I do wear in the dining room.

I have several from Old Navy in multi colors. I will wear during day with shorts then with Capri's to dinner. Add a funky necklace from the $1 jewelry and black sandals, I am set.

Old Navy calls the shirts - Women's Ruched V-Neck Tees.

I hope this link works

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26194&vid=1&pid=507719

Archived