WaterFall back to Normal?

Colorado Kat

Toraille waterfall is the only one that you can get under, but as mention it is close. The other waterfalls are still worth seeing. Piton, Jerusalem, Diamond Waterfall. All these waterfalls are located in Soufriere. There is a tour company located in Soufriere. You can visit their site http://www.discoversoufriere.com. Hope this helps. Enjoy your visit.

Our family just got back from a land vacation in St. Lucia. Toraille Waterfalls in Soufriere is still boarded up. As I understand it, the original owner packed up and went back to England. They sold the property to someone else who started fixing it up, but all work has stopped. No one was sure if they will ever finish it Here is a photo taken on August 15, 2011.

IMG_0465.jpg

We did a couple custom tours with Spencer Ambrose Tours and visited three waterfalls during our visit....Diamond Falls & Botanical Gardens (Soufriere), Piton Falls (Soufriere) and Errand Falls (Dennery).

Diamond Falls (see photo below) is located in the heart of Soufriere. It is a "hot" waterfall. Unfortunately, they do not allow visitors to go under this falls. My understanding is that some rocks fell down and nearly hit someone - so for safety reasons, they don't allow anyone to go under the falls. There is a mineral bath there (kind of like a small hot inground simming ppol the size of a large hottub), that you can bathe in for an extra $4 USD fee in addition to the $5 USD entrance fee.

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Piton Falls is located on the outskirts of Soufriere - kind of off the beaten path. It is a "warm" waterfall. You are allowed to go under the falls here. On the day we were there, it had rained the previous day and there was some silt or grit in the waterfall. Normally, however, this is not the case. They also had a warm mineral pool (included in the $4 USD admission price. There was a pool at the base of the Piton falls, but it had sprung a leak and there was not water in it when we were there. Here are some photos.

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

More photos in next post...

A photo of the mineral bath at Piton Falls...

IMG_2984.jpg

Errand Falls (our personal favourite), located near the zipline in Dennery, is a "cool" water fall. The source water comes from the rainforest. Visitors are are allowed to go under it. I think it may be the biggest water fall on the island. The water is shallow (knee deep at most). We visited Errand Falls after doing the zipline and challenge course (hot and sweaty, but a lot of fun!). It was the perfect activity to follow-up ziplining. The water was cool and refreshing. We spent a good 45 minutes there. The scenery is spectacular and we got lot's of great photos. We also swam in the small river at the base of the falls. I would highly recommend this if you plan on doing the ziplining!

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

A few more photos in the next post...

I would have recommended Errand falls if you wanted to really get under a waterfall - and lo and behold, dz63 beat me to it! Errand is beautiful, very lush surroundings. Cold water though. The area has ziplining, mountiain biking and the waterfall. Could be a great day - check Treetop Adventures for more info on the area and services offered.

Enjoy your visit!

Sorry about that - I deleted some photos on my photobucket account that were linked to this thread. Here is the photo of Toraille Waterfall site taken from the road. The site is boarded up, with mounds of earth everywhere. There is evidence of new construction (new wooden building and fence), but according to locals, the construction has halted, possibly due to the large amount of work required. At this point, it seems unlikely it will re-open anytime soon.

IMG_0466.jpg

I second (third?) the recommendations for Errand Falls. We went on a tour and were the only ones there, very nice!

Actually, your neat photo of Errand Falls on CC is what motivated us to check it out during our recent vacation there. Thank you for posting your photo! :) It looks like you had quite a bit more water going over the falls than when we where there in August. I am curious to know what time of the year you visited?

Archived