Smoking on Allure of the Seas

Grumpy100

OP - When we booked Allure last March on a cruise for next February, the loyalty ambassador told us that the left side balconies were non-smoking. I'm not sure if this is true since I haven't seen anything about it on Cruise Critics but we booked on the right side just to be safe - I'm a smoker.

Not true. The LA might have said the inside balconies were non-smoking since the Boardwalk and central Park balconies are smoke-free

On NCL, they can also smoke in their cabins. We had a suite for MY first time ever and I could smell cigarette smoke from the air conditioning vent. This sucked! The smell was so strong. My husband said it smelled like the smoker was in the room with us.

I am hoping that we don't have a smoker on our next cruise. I also booked another one with NCL for 2013. I told my TA to put in that I was severely allergic to cigarette smoke. I am dying to see if that statement has any type of impact at all. We shall see.

No - I didn't misunderstand her - I even argued the fact with her - we were booking ocean view balconies on left and she insisted that I (only smoker in the group) would not be able to smoke on our balcony so we changed to other side.

Since then, I've read many articles about smoking on here but never saw anything about it.

No - I didn't misunderstand her - I even argued the fact with her - we were booking ocean view balconies on left and she insisted that I (only smoker in the group) would not be able to smoke on our balcony so we changed to other side.

She was wrong. Sorry you changed from your preferred room. :(

Videotaping?? Isn’t this violating someone’s privacy?? I doubt the cruiseline will happily accept your unlawful video tape as evidence since I would imagine this would opened them up to a lawsuit.

....and you don't think you're not being videotaped while you are on a ship....there are more cameras onboard videotaping you than you realize.....;)

....and you don't think you're not being videotaped while you are on a ship....there are more cameras onboard videotaping you than you realize.....;)
I realize that....I was referring to a passenger videotaping another passenger.

we have cruised 3 times with rc and had a balcony each time,i smoke on my balcony but if any of my neighbours asked me not to smoke while they were on there balcony i would respect there wishes.how many of these anti smokers have gas guzzling 5litre v8 cars who drive with air con set on full with windows open,POT,KETTLE,BLACK:(

I am the same as you and would not hesitate to put out my cigarette if asked by my neighbours.

I bring a special ashtray and make every effort to miminize smoking when I am aware of my neighbours on their balconies.

One way to avoid the smokers is to try to book rooms next to people you know who either don't smoke or who will work with you to share the space. That might help cut down on the smoke a little.

Smoke completely grosses me out so I'm just crossing my fingers that it won't be a problem.

Yes, absolutely I did, you are correct. However, I never experienced smoking from both cabins on each side at the SAME time. As I stated, I know these are the "rules" but it doesn't make it any less irritating. Aside from the "rules" I ask you a question from one cruiser to another, why does someone else have the "right" to infringe on my balcony use? I would absolutely never do anything to my fellow cruisers that would curtail their enjoyment, so why is ok to to curtail mine?

By the way my DD and DSIL both smoke and they both are very considerate of the rest of the family by smoking outside or away from us. They even said they would not smoke on their balconies on upcoming Oasis because they wouldn't want to bother others on their balconies. The "rules" say they can but they won't because they are CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS!

So they are being inconsiderate by following the rules of where they can smoke? :rolleyes:

I'm not and never have been a smoker but I think people just want to complain about it so the lines will stop allowing smoking at all.

I found the people that drag their balcony chairs all over the place at 1am more annoying than any smokers I encountered.

No, but since the smokers are in violation it would sure show them a person was smoking if they denied it. I doubt if it would even be necessary to show them, but if push came to shove it would come in handy.

Isn't technology wonderful. :p

Seems like a waste of precious vacation time to me just to tattle on someone.

And no I'm not a smoker nor is my hubby.

I realize that....I was referring to a passenger videotaping another passenger.

I would be videoing the ship & if a smoker happened to be in view that's unfortunate.

Seems like a waste of precious vacation time to me just to tattle on someone.

And no I'm not a smoker nor is my hubby.

Not at all. If I had a smoker next to me causing the lack of use of my balcony I hardly consider it a waste of time to video 1 or 2 minutes of the problem. Like I originally said, I would talk to then initially and ask them to stop when I was outside. That's fare, don't you think? What would you do?

I would be videoing the ship & if a smoker happened to be in view that's unfortunate.

Not at all. If I had a smoker next to me causing the lack of use of my balcony I hardly consider it a waste of time to video 1 or 2 minutes of the problem. Like I originally said, I would talk to then initially and ask them to stop when I was outside. That's fare, don't you think? What would you do?

Ignore it because I don't think its a real problem. The people on the balcony next to us smoked at times when we were on our balcony. The were forward of us. I smelled the smoke for a half second maybe twice. Everyone acts like this giant cloud comes at them. Its a moving ship, it comes and goes that fast.

But I think people want to complain about it simply because they don't like it and want to the cruise ships to stop it.

I would think the smoker will tell you that you knew smoking was allowed on all balcony's when you booked your cruise.And that he booked his cruise so that he could smoke on his balcony.You made your decision to cruise on a ship that allows smoking live with it.:confused:

I will smoke on my balcony in Nov. on the Allure and if my neighbor says something I would be nice and not smoke when they are out there. Unless they spend the whole time on there balcony in the morning because I need a cig with my coffee in the morning.

Ignore it because I don't think its a real problem. The people on the balcony next to us smoked at times when we were on our balcony. The were forward of us. I smelled the smoke for a half second maybe twice. Everyone acts like this giant cloud comes at them. Its a moving ship, it comes and goes that fast.

But I think people want to complain about it simply because they don't like it and want to the cruise ships to stop it.

You obviously are more tolerant than most other non smokers. Either you are a smoker or live with one.

I would think the smoker will tell you that you knew smoking was allowed on all balcony's when you booked your cruise.And that he booked his cruise so that he could smoke on his balcony.You made your decision to cruise on a ship that allows smoking live with it.:confused:

It won't be long until they change the ruling since the majority of people find it unhealthful & very annoying, especially when paying to something their denied the use of.

That is the $24,000 question, that has not been answered!:confused:

When in port the smoke can go in either directions at times. I sure this is what they meant, although we very often can smell smokers from 2 or 3 decks below & forward of us as the air currents are not always straight back.

Just because some other lines have smoking restrictions for the cabin and balcony, don't expect that everyone will follow those policies. While smoke doesn't bother me, I recently returned from my first Celebrity cruise and sure enough my next door neighbor was smoking on their balcony. So the risk of having a smoker "ruin" your cruise on a line that is supposedly "smoke free" for balconies does and can happen. It's just another example of the so called policies and/or rules from the cruise lines that are basically never followed and enforced.:rolleyes:

On Celebrity you have the right to call security about smoking.On Royal Caribbean it is allowed you can't call security.If you decide to get a balcony on a ship that allows smoking on the balcony it's your problem.:confused: :confused:

On Celebrity you have the right to call security about smoking.On Royal Caribbean it is allowed you can't call security.If you decide to get a balcony on a ship that allows smoking on the balcony it's your problem.:confused: :confused:

That's very true but it still helps to complain & let them know how you dislike their setup & if enough people continue to voice their opinions they will do something in the near future - say nothing & live with the stench for the rest of your sailing career.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to smoke on the Crown Loft Balcony's?

My guess is that the ones that face the ocean, yes but the ones that face the sports deck, no. I know asking RCI CS would probably not get you the right answer either.

That's very true but it still helps to complain & let them know how you dislike their setup & if enough people continue to voice their opinions they will do something in the near future - say nothing & live with the stench for the rest of your sailing career.

How can smelling smoke once on your balcony make you live with it for the rest of your sailing career?? If that is the case, then you need to stick with lines that don't allow smoking. Sounds like you need the balcony time to relax a little.

Archived