Laundry Results

balmybreeze

:)what do you mean by 'finally qualify"?

we cruised on ncl last year and had our laundry done(twice) no problems at all

everything came back. neatly packed up w/ name tags ironed into the waist or neck bands

is it true that Star Princess has a self-serve laundry?:)

Congrats on becoming Elite and getting free laundry. We have used this perk for several years and have never had a problem with shrinkage. It usually takes 2 days to be returned but sometimes makes it back earlier. As far as I am concerned this is our best Elite perk! Enjoy:)

I finally qualify for free laundry on Princess, but am concerned about shrinkage. I use cold water for almost all of my items and a very low dryer setting. Has anyone had problems with allowing Princess personnel do their laundry?

My wife does the same as you do at home for washing & drying so expect them to shrink most items they wash for you. If you utilize their "cleaning" service it seems to work OK & we haven had the shrinkage problems like the washing. It's the only thing we now use.

If you give them underwear & socks to wash they'll never be the same.

we cruised on ncl last year and had our laundry done(twice) no problems at all

everything came back. neatly packed up w/ name tags ironed into the waist or neck bands

is it true that Star Princess has a self-serve laundry?:)

YES!!! Located at:

Plaza Deck, fwd

Emerald Deck, aft

Dolphin Deck,really aft

Caribe Deck, fwd

Baja Deck, really aft

Aloha Deck, midships to aft

Hope this helps and don't forget to bring rolls of quarters for the washers and dryers (USD2.00 per wash and USD2.00 per dry cycle).

Ciao for now!!!

I also do my laundry the same way and seldom put anything in the dryer longer than four minutes. I don't send any new clothes down or ones that are a bit tight. Both my dh and I wear mainly Tommy Bahama clothes and I love them for tropical cruises but with the silk in them, I'm afraid they might ruin them so I'm very careful what I send out. I wash out many of my smaller things in sink.

?:)

She means that she's now Elite and laundry is free.

I finally qualify for free laundry on Princess, but am concerned about shrinkage. I use cold water for almost all of my items and a very low dryer setting. Has anyone had problems with allowing Princess personnel do their laundry?

You use cold water, I use cold water. I'm afraid they use warm/hot water. I send only items that I deem expendable. Anything I worry about I launder myself. Yes, several years ago I sent 3 pair of capris to be "dry cleaned" and they washed and dried them. Shrinkage was unbelievable, but Princess paid me cash on the spot. Of course that didn't help the fact that for the remainder of the trip I had no capris. :(

We are starting to take longer cruises (29 days is a long time with one suitcase full of clothes) and since we don't live close to any ports, we have to deal with the airline luggage limits so I was thinking maybe I would start to wash some of my own "good" clothes (not dry them or just for a short time), figure out a place to hang them and then send them down to be ironed. The ironing is what I don't like to do on a cruise.

I love the look when they are returned. After every cruise, I have to iron my husbands blue jeans - they have spoiled him. But it only lasts a month and I find some way to get out of doing it.

I've found that jeans and tees can be sent to the cleaning service and come back OK. However, we don't put items for laundry and cleaning in the same bag. We send items to be "cleaned" separately from items that can be laundered. That helps cut down the odds that they will make a mistake on the process used.

We send cotton jammies and and undies to the laundry and have noticed that they've come back with small pin-like holes in them. So we now take only our "holey" cottons on cruises when we know we'll be using the laundry service.;) DH also has several pairs of shorts that have the laundry tag permanently embedded in the elastic waist band.

We also don't send any silks or really good clothes to be cleaned. Those we wash by hand.

We still use the laundry/cleaning service and consider it to be one of the best perks we get on Princess.

Congrats on becoming Elite and getting free laundry. We have used this perk for several years and have never had a problem with shrinkage. It usually takes 2 days to be returned but sometimes makes it back earlier. As far as I am concerned this is our best Elite perk! Enjoy:)

This is one of the reasons we continue to cruise with Princess. Can't wait to be free of wash days.

oh my God someone else with pin holes in their undies.... all of mine were brand new cotton.

also had a crinkle cotton blouse. left big sign.... DO NOT PRESS

it came back flat as a pancake. i laughed at first and then i wanted to cry.....

they use really really hot water.. so look out.

Many thanks to all who replied. Some say "no problems" and some say "hot, hot water and expect items to shrink." So, I guess I am still confused. And, what are pin-holes in underwear all about? Can't imagine what would cause that.

Many thanks to all who replied. Some say "no problems" and some say "hot, hot water and expect items to shrink." So, I guess I am still confused. And, what are pin-holes in underwear all about? Can't imagine what would cause that.

I have never had a problem with shrinkage but I do only send things that are expendable and I know have been washed with no problem at home. I don't know what causes the little holes but I think that maybe they hang them somewhere using clips with little teeth on them. Since we had the little holes the first time we used the laundry service I now handwash all of our undies in the sink in the bathroom to avoid the little holes.

So you get enough hangers for your clothing or should I pack hangers?

Thank you

No need to pack them. There are plenty, both regular and skirt hangers, already in the closet (I hang nearly everything and I've never not had enough), and your steward will be happy to bring you more if you need additional.

Archived