Dance lessons on Rotterdam?

ponstad

Hello -

Do they offer ballroom dancing lessons on the Rotterdam? We will be taking the 16 night cruise on Dec. 6 from Valparaiso to Rio... and like to ballroom dance. The lessons are always fun for us.

Also - any other information you would like to share about the Rotterdam would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -

Ponstad

On a longer cruise such as this there very well may be ballroom dance classes. Usually when there's dance hosts there's dance classes.

They would be held on sea days, so if your cruise has several sea days you should find some classes.

But you have lots of time before you sail. Why not sign up for classes at a local place? You'll learn and get comfortable with the various dances, have fun, and get exercise, too! Plus you better enjoy dancing the night away aboard ship.

On last summer's Rotterdam transatlantic cruise, we enjoyed dance lessons from a couple who were designated "Dance Hosts." Lessons were often held twice a day. The morning sessions, (2), were beginner and intermediate. There might be another ballroom lesson in the afternoon or line dancing. It was really wonderful! On other cruises, members of the ship's cast will give dance lessons, but usually only line dances.

Pat, by "dance hosts" I meant the men who get a free cruise in exchange for dancing with the single ladies (or at least some of them :rolleyes: ) . But you're right---we also had the dance instructors.

I don't know much about the dance lessons, but I do know the Rotterdam was great. I just returned from a cruise on the Rotterdam last week. The service and food made for one of the best cruises I have ever been on. Several members of the crew remembered my name from day one. Each time I saw them they said hello. On the last day when we were getting off the ship I saw a little girl run from her family and jump into one of the crew members arms. To see that only confirmed my thoughts of the crew.

As I said the food was great. Each night I could not wait for dinner, as I new I would not leave the table hungry, nor dissappointed

Enjoy your cruise, the staff and food will make it easy!

With the ship in sea, rocking back and forth. Is it safe to take dance lessons? Maybe no latin dance or crazy moves? What are the cost of these dance lessons?

Actually, I find it easier to dance than walk. Something about the faster movement makes for a better balance recovery, unless you're in reeeely rough seas. When we were in 45' seas there was no dancing!

Dance lessons are an activity---there's no charge. It can be fun.

Archived