San Diego Parking

slomotion

Has anyone parked at the long-term lot for the cruse terminal just north of Laurel St. on Pacific Hwy?

If so, good location? Shuttle service etc.?

The price is pretty good.

(I know about the Holiday Inn across the street but am interested in this particular lot.)

Some SD hotels offer a park & cruise (or fly) option. We've stayed at the Comfort Inn Old Town / Airport where they used to let us park in their garage free of charge when staying a night before the cruise. More recently they came up with a low cost park & cruise option. I will paste a link to a web site that shows several hotels that are supposedly cruise friendly. Some, if not all, also offer free shuttle service to/from the ship.

Cruise Friendly Hotels - San Diego

http://www.sandiego.org/article/Visitors/780

Just curious what's wrong with the Holiday Inn lot? I think it was only $8/day, cheaper than much of the competition, no extra charge to make a reservations, and we were directly across from the cruiseships. Just unloaded, stacked everything on the wheelables, and we crossed the street and dropped off our check-ins.

...what's wrong with the Holiday Inn lot? I think it was only $8/day, cheaper than much of the competition, no extra charge to make a reservations, and we were directly across from the cruiseships.....

Nothing wrong with it, but.... We were able to park for 2 weeks in a covered garage for an extra $40 on top of our 1 night room cost. That worked out to $2.86 per day in a garage instead of outside. True, not quite at convenient but did have free shuttle to/from the ship. Holiday Inn has to be about the most convenient place to stay and park though.

Nothing wrong with it, but.... We were able to park for 2 weeks in a covered garage for an extra $40 on top of our 1 night room cost. That worked out to $2.86 per day in a garage instead of outside. True, not quite at convenient but did have free shuttle to/from the ship. Holiday Inn has to be about the most convenient place to stay and park though.

Sure, a park-n-cruise deal. I'm doing that in November, though it doesn't work out as cheaply as yours. But I was wondering why the OP was considering an alternative long-term lot when the Holiday Inn lot is really the the most economical and closest in town AFAIK, if it's not included with a hotel stay.

Just curious what's wrong with the Holiday Inn lot? I think it was only $8/day, cheaper than much of the competition, no extra charge to make a reservations, and we were directly across from the cruiseships. Just unloaded, stacked everything on the wheelables, and we crossed the street and dropped off our check-ins.

That would be good for short cruises. But for 30 days the lot on Pacific Hwy is $105.00

That would be good for short cruises. But for 30 days the lot on Pacific Hwy is $105.00

For our 30 day Hawaii/French Polynesia this past March our total cost for 1 night hotel room, plus parking for the entire cruise, free hot breakfast the morning of the cruise, and free shuttle to and from the cruise pier came to $159 by staying at the Comfort Inn Old Town Airport. That is a big difference in price when comparing the long term parking cost alone near the pier.

Judy3972 - where do you find the $105 for 30 days at the Pacific Hwy lot? The best price I can find for it is $8 per day, so for 30 days that works out to $240 by my math. I'd be interested in where one can get it for the $105. :)

When we were there in March they were undergoing some extensive renovations. After reading the post about it no longer being a Comfort Inn, I did some checking.

You are right, but it is now the Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport/Old Town, not a Hampton. I can not find anything online that shows any cruise and park deals, but I would imagine a phone call would clear that up.

The renovations look great, and the room prices appear to be similar to what they were when it was the Comfort Inn. I am now curious as to whether they offer the parking deal. It was a great deal that many CC cruisers took advantage of in the past.

I guess we won't know until someone checks it out and posts.

:)

Until recently I lived in SD. The lot you're asking about is nice because it's covered, and it is convenient, not as close as the Holiday Inn of course, but it's the only covered lot that provides parking for the airport and port. I used to park there for airport parking. The shuttle works great.

.....The lot you're asking about is nice because it's covered, and it is convenient....

Hi Diraebrad, Can't tell for sure from your post who you were replying to or which lot you're speaking of. Could you please clarify? Your description sounds great & would like to know where it is located. Thanks in advance! :)

When we were there in March they were undergoing some extensive renovations. After reading the post about it no longer being a Comfort Inn, I did some checking.

You are right, but it is now the Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport/Old Town, not a Hampton. I can not find anything online that shows any cruise and park deals, but I would imagine a phone call would clear that up.

The renovations look great, and the room prices appear to be similar to what they were when it was the Comfort Inn. I am now curious as to whether they offer the parking deal. It was a great deal that many CC cruisers took advantage of in the past.

I guess we won't know until someone checks it out and posts.

:)

We stayed at that hotel for four days in April before a cruise. There was all new furniture including a large flat screen TV in our room. The staff was one of the best we have ever encountered in a hotel and there was a small "grocery store" within which was about the size of a very small convenience store--with as many items.

The owner was very happy when the Holiday Inn franchise became available. They had just remodeled the hotel with new furniture a few years ago.

Archived