Please help with my Day In Bermuda plans

NCTribeFan

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I ended up doing...

A solo tablemate came along with me. We didn't dock until 9, and it was a while before we could disembark.

Walked down to the building between the two ships and bought a 1-day transportation pass for $12.

Walked over to the bus stop. There was a bus there that said "charter" but someone asked where to get the bus to Horseshoe Bay and the gentleman told them to board that bus, so we did the same.

We only stayed at the beach for a little while - just enough to get our feet wet and take some pics.

Paid the man $2 each to ride up the hill.

Crossed the street; it was 10:50 and the bus was due at 11. We had 3 or 4 buses pass that said "sightseeing" on them, and one regular bus that was full passed us by, so we had to wait a bit.

When we were picked up, that bus was fairly empty, but made several stops to pick up people on the way into Hamilton.

I thought Hamilton was pretty, but, honestly, I was a bit disappointed. It was just another pretty harbor city with overpriced waterfront shops. I couldn't even find a tea shop! I had to settle for a tea bag in a cup of tepid water. :mad:

We walked up to the fort, and I have to confess that it was more of a climb that I was expecting. The view from there was great.

Walked down Church Street to the Cathedral; then tried to find somewhere for lunch. Ended up in a little mall type shopping area with a bistro inside where I paid $5 for a half sandwich.

Then I had to stop in Marks and Spencer. Saw some nice things but nothing I felt compelled to purchase.

Found the coffee shop where I got my cup of tea. We sat at the table in the window and people watched.

Talked about going on to St George, but it was already nearly 3 pm, so we just got the 3 o'clock ferry to Dockyard and wandered around there for a bit.

I walked over to the Frog and Onion after dinner and had a half-pint of amber which was quite nice. It was fairly dull there and I was tired, so I didn't stick around.

In the morning, we just walked over to the clocktower area, but I was disappointed that it was mostly just tourist shops. I fancy myself more of a World Traveler than an American Tourist and I just hate junky tourist shops.

So, that was it. I think I would've enjoyed St George more.

I'm glad I went, but Bermuda's not going to be at the top of my "must return to" list, although I would like to spend more time there and see a lot more of the island.

Thanks for everyone's help with my planning.

Archived