Room Service Only for Breakfast?

dioxide45

We ordered room service breakfast several times on the last cruise. Between two rooms, I think we had exactly one order that came with everything ordered within the 1/2 hour window. Everything else either came early, late or was missing something. One of the few slip-ups we had with RCI service.

While I love eating on the balcony, I've had better luck with a run to the windjammer brought back to the room.

Of course, there's no harm in ordering room service. If it works out - great. If not, I'm only out a few bucks for the tip.

We usually have room service but this time it was a little cool for the balcony so we used the coffee table. We order from the dining room, it's a better breakfast than the regular room service menu. Mine's on the right... those blueberry pancakes, were great and my eggs were cooked just right!

DSC08063800.jpg

Also ate breakfast once at Chops Grill, it was nice, had a table for 2 by the window. But can't say it was any better than room service from the dining room. Only six other couples were taking advantage of free breakfast at Chops.

We were aboard the Jewel of the Seas, Sept 17-24. Suite 1550, deck 10. Sure was a great location, close to elevators, Concierge Club and two flights of stairs to the jogging track. ;)

Has anyone else done this or are we alone in this? On our last cruise (Freedom) we had breakfast in the MDR and it was a madhouse. Much more so than at dinner it seemed. The WJ is just as bad. I think we may have had breakfast in WJ once and it wasn't anything special and pretty much the same basics every day. We did room service for most of the remaining days.

We are sailing on Oasis in November and are already thinking of just ordering room service for breakfast every day. I understand the menu is limited but I find it so much easier to have it delivered and enjoy in bed or on the balcony. Just fill out the form the night before and place it on our door. Then breakfast appears at the requested time. No noise, no hustle and bustle and only need to be dressed decent enough for the server to deliver the food.

Anyone else done only room service for an entire cruise?

I usually don't like to order the night before because I don't know what time I will wake up. We did order on our last Oasis cruise on a port day when I wanted that "wake up call" and I really liked it. A few other days I just ran around the corner to the Central Park Cafe for breakfast sandwiches, fruit cups, coffee tea, etc. for us and brought it back to our balcony.

OP, are you near Central Park? That is a great option if you don't want to be woken up and you don't want to fight the crowds in the WJ. Also a great idea for lunch. We would grab the YUMMY roast beef sandwiches and bring them back to our balcony for a quiet lunch.

And, yes, please tip!! I don't think the room service staff that delivers is included in the auto tips.

We usually have room service but this time it was a little cool for the balcony so we used the coffee table. We order from the dining room, it's a better breakfast than the regular room service menu. Mine's on the right... those blueberry pancakes, were great and my eggs were cooked just right!

DSC08063800.jpg

Also ate breakfast once at Chops Grill, it was nice, had a table for 2 by the window. But can't say it was any better than room service from the dining room. Only six other couples were taking advantage of free breakfast at Chops.

How do you order breakfast from the dining room?

Also, is Chops for breakfast just like going to the dining room?

Has anyone else done this or are we alone in this? On our last cruise (Freedom) we had breakfast in the MDR and it was a madhouse. Much more so than at dinner it seemed. The WJ is just as bad. I think we may have had breakfast in WJ once and it wasn't anything special and pretty much the same basics every day. We did room service for most of the remaining days.

We are sailing on Oasis in November and are already thinking of just ordering room service for breakfast every day. I understand the menu is limited but I find it so much easier to have it delivered and enjoy in bed or on the balcony. Just fill out the form the night before and place it on our door. Then breakfast appears at the requested time. No noise, no hustle and bustle and only need to be dressed decent enough for the server to deliver the food.

Anyone else done only room service for an entire cruise?

I don't see why not. We did not do it for an entire cruise, bit did for 8 out of 12 days on this past August Med cruise. Because our tours began ot 7 am our order was promptly delivered by 6 am as requested. It was wonderful having breakfast as you approach/enter the ports. Our order was comprised of fruit and continental breakfast, along with coffee. We usually ordered for 3 as it gave us flexibility if we did not like some of the B items.

We always order coffee in the morning because my husband thinks it tastes better than the stuff in the WJ.

Our last cruise was in a concierge class cabin on Celebrity. We ordered from the special menu the first morning and were hooked. Some days one of us would run up to the buffet or down to the Cova Cafe to supplement this selection but with only 1 exception, all 10 days were room service!

Not sure if I would do it on an RCI cruise since the menu is more limited and the balcony tables are small but I do like relaxing outside instead of dealing with the crowds (though we do like breakfast in the MDR on RCI too).

Cheers,

but the poor kitchen staff that deliver are not in the pre paid tips, i will do breakfast in cabin very day for 18 days and give them $3 tip every time

This is why I never pre-pay my tips and tip services rendered. I tip where I eat and most of the time does not conform to the old style of cruising dining. Those options were MDR and buffet. Many cruisers today opt to avoid both so there's where the tip where you eat comes in IMO!!!:)

Personally I have never had any problem ordering off the so called "regular" menus for room service... Although I have only done "full" breakfast one time, and that was part of the romance package I had ordered for the DW, I have ordered full dinner menu items...:eek:

Usually by the time I wake up the DW has already been to the WJ and my plate is waiting...:D

We usually do breakfast a few times every cruise. With my upcoming 14 day cruise, I'm sure we'll get plenty of opportunity.

I have found them very accommodating with my write-ins, but I keep them within reason. Like, I am allergic to berries, so I will ask for a yogurt without berries. I ask for fruit without berries too. They never have an issue with this. I really appreciate it.

We were on the Oasis 9/10 sailing and ordered room service for breakfast every single morning! We're not morning people so the thought of having to get up and get ready to go to the buffet or MDR without a drop of coffee in us was just not gonna happen on vacation :p We just filled out the card in the cabin each night...we'd share a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon & fruit each morning, of course with coffee and juice. We had a balcony so it was lovely to sit outside and enjoy our food/coffee in peace and quiet without any rushing around. It was a wonderfully relaxing way to start each day - I think this will be the norm for us on future cruises! (and we always tipped the delivery person $2-3 for their trouble, since I'm pretty sure room service isn't included in the pre-paid tipping pool)

We eat on the balcony every morning but then we have one of those tables that we love, love, love. Fits right in DH suitcase. We dont always order room service( we always write in stuff and have gotten it. I love donuts and add them) or run down to the windjammer when we dont want to set a get up time and bring it back to the room. Dining room only on last am!

Archived