Toiletries for final night on board

Essexlass2

Do please forgive my poor memory, but once the main luggage has been taken on the last night of the cruise and we are left only with hand baggage for overnight on board before disembarking in Barbados, are we allowed to keep our own toiletries such as deodorants, hairspray, etc, or are we limited to the 100ml rule? I believe the ships (Azura in our case) provide shampoo and showergel but cannot remember exactly how we managed with regard to aerosols, toothpaste, etc. :confused:

And are we allowed to take water to the airport and on board the aircraft? Due to a medical condition, I am supposed to drink 2-3 litres of water daily. We visited Crete recently and nobody checked anything like that at Heraklion airport, lots of people were taking bottles of water on board that they had bought in their resorts at much cheaper prices than in the airport let alone on the aircraft.

Advice and/or tips will be appreciated. Thanks :)

We make use of ship's toiletries, and take some cheap Tesco toothbrushes- a few pence, and Tesco toothpaste...17pence- and just leave them behind. Like Elaine, we look for travel size things, which again can be left, or fill small bottles with favourite items, then empty them before we check out.

Jo.

We do exactly the same - buy small sizes and throw away. I also take such as mascara that Im about to throw away and use that for last day then throw away.

You can buy water in airport, they wont let you through security with it.

I buy new toothbrushes for the cruise and keep the packets they come in and put them back in them and in my hand luggage. If you buy small tube of toothpaste you can throw it away before you leave.

You'll be fine taking anything up to 100ml (just don't expect to get on the plane with a half-used 200 ml tube of toothpaste). Superdrug and the various pound shops are great for travel-size toiletries, and they all stock empty travel-size bottles as well. A folding travel toothbrush takes up hardly any space.

I presume the charter flights hand out amenity kits which usually include a travel size toothbrush and paste - ideal for your last night/morning. Then you can pack your usual brand in your check-in luggage.

Don't rely on that - we got lovely kits on the plane to our first couple of long-haul cruises; nothing at all on the most recent one!

Archived