Has Anyone Ever............

IAMCRZIN

Gotten a phone call from a vacation planner from Carnival wanting to talk to you about their specials?? If so...are the offers any better than what you would find online? And why would they call?? Are they trying to fill a ship? I did not talk directly to him...he left me a message with a phone number. Thanks for any help!

Gotten a phone call from a vacation planner from Carnival wanting to talk to you about their specials?? If so...are the offers any better than what you would find online? And why would they call?? Are they trying to fill a ship? I did not talk directly to him...he left me a message with a phone number. Thanks for any help!

When you go to the Carnival website if you "log in" you will usually get a call because they know you're looking at cruises.....that's why I never log in....:D

Hi,

Last year we did 3CCL cruises between Dec and January. Well, a VP kept calling and calling, (I did log in and will not again) She continuted to do so almost every week for a month. I kept telling her we just completed 3 leave us alone. She continuted - I decided to call CCL and put in a complaint. No more calls and I do the booking without signing in......Booked 3 more for the same time period this year and too bad for her......she should have not been a pain.

That's a good question. I never thought whether or not they offered better deals.

I had a PVP email them call me a couple of times. I never returned the call and it stopped. I booked the cruise online by myself anyways, so I still went with them, I just did it myself. I prefer booking things myself for some reason. Maybe I will give a PVP a chance next year :)

When you go to the Carnival website if you "log in" you will usually get a call because they know you're looking at cruises.....that's why I never log in....:D

This has not been our experience. We are booked ES and check almost daily for our upcoming 3 cruises and sometimes new ones. Our PVP has never called as a result of our checking.

BTW, we are always logged in when we check.

I guess everyone looks for something different in a PVP. We certainly don't want a pesty calling us if we haven't initiated calling her, but ours is worthless and really provides NO service to us outside of what we could do for ourselves.....so from now on we book on our own...the only issue is if you have a question and call the 800#, they must let the PVP know, because this is the only time we have heard from ours. We find it is just as easy to do the research and then book on our own, that way, wrong info can only be blamed on ourselves!!

We hardly received any phone calls from a PVP. Most were trying to sell vacation protection plans. One was an upsell. Never have they been trying to book new cruises. We never use the same one twice because they are never available when we want to book or find out anything. I know you don’t need to be logged in to the Carnival site to check fare viewer. I stay logged on to Carnival so I can go to manager my cruise to check to see if on board credit or fun ship dollars have been added to our cruise yet.

I am currently price watching and I am not kidding, every single day I get a call. It's always when I'm busy and I never have a chance to answer. Can they give deals that aren't online? I'm just not ready to book, we are planning a cruise in jan 2013 but that's a ways of...

We have a fantastic PVP. She has only called a few times over the years and only when there is a fantastic deal. She has been so helpful over the years. The last time she called she told us there was a large group cancellation on a cruise and wanted to offer us a very low rate before it was made available on the website. Unfortunately, we weren't free to go at that time.

After calling me a few times I told them I log in daily and look at cruises/excursions/etc. frequently. I assured them that if I didn't have a cruise booked, that I was wishing I had a cruise booked. He told me "ok, I'll make a note on your account that you are a frequent visitor." Have not had a call since and that was a year ago!

I am always logged in and checking my cruise prices daily and other cruises, and have never received a phone call from Carnival.

I am always logged in and checking my cruise prices daily and other cruises, and have never received a phone call from Carnival.

This was the case for me until last weekend. I had received emails, but I assumed they were mass emails to all past guests. This weekend my PVP (whom I didnt even know was my "assigned" PVP as I had booked my previous cruises through my TA or with a group) called "in response to my recent inquiry on the website." He also left a phone number for me to call to discuss recent specials.

I am frequently on the website just browsing, and never got a call before. I had heard of PVPs calling, but assumed I didnt "have" one. I havent returned his call yet, but I plan on letting him know that I WILL call him when I have questions and am ready to book!

Gotten a phone call from a vacation planner from Carnival wanting to talk to you about their specials?? If so...are the offers any better than what you would find online? And why would they call??eek.gif Are they trying to fill a ship? I did not talk directly to him...he left me a message with a phone number. Thanks for any help!

i never got that..:p

Huh! Never got a call from Carnival after logging in. My PVP stopped cold calls since I always find better deals than he offers.

I stay logged on to Carnival so I can go to manager my cruise to check to see if on board credit or fun ship dollars have been added to our cruise yet.

We have only booked through TA's and always have to check with them to see if OBC's are credited. How do you do this on your own?

Joyce

We have only booked through TA's and always have to check with them to see if OBC's are credited. How do you do this on your own?

Joyce

On the Carnival site, go to ‘My Profile’. If you don’t have an account on Carnival, you will need to create one. Then, in the next window, click on your cruise. On the next page, click on ‘View Details’. Click on ‘View Cruise Documents’. In the next window, check the box next to ‘Print General Information’. In the next window, go to page 2 (Invoice page). The info should be there.

Also, on the ‘My Cruise Details’ page, this is where you will enter all your information for the FunPass.

This has not been our experience. We are booked ES and check almost daily for our upcoming 3 cruises and sometimes new ones. Our PVP has never called as a result of our checking.

BTW, we are always logged in when we check.

Once we booked, our PVP stopped calling when we logged in. I'm guessing that as long as they know we are already cruising they have no reason to call since we are just checking on our current booking...

Yes, I finally learned to NEVER "log in" after being pestered several times by a Carnival rep, even after I told her we were NOT ready to book. And when we finally WERE ready to book, I made the phone call myself. I don't need them calling constantly.

Archived