Tampa hotel with parking

eng58

Can anyone suggest a hotel in Tampa where we can leave our car for the week, and maybe get a shuttle ot the port.

thanks.

Lori

Try www.stay123.com and click on the Tampa cruiseport and then put in the dates you will need. It will pull up hotels that have the cruise and park pkgs.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point and I know they have a park and cruise pkg as well as shuttles to and from the port back to the hotel when your cruise is over. The Hampton Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky point are all in the same general area. It's an upscale area overlooking Tampa Bay, and these 3 hotels offer the return shuttle back to the hotel. Not all hotels do, and this can add up with taxi fees. So make sure you ask about it before you book.

Good luck to you.

LaQuinta-free parking, free shuttle, free breakfast, clean and value priced,

convenient to port....have stayed 3 times...friendly staff and most guests

are taking cruises...

Which LaQuinta?

There are 5 of us meeting in Tampa the day before our Jan 30 Jewel cruise. Two are flying in from AL, one from DC, and the other two are driving from Daytona. We need a hotel that will shuttle from the airport to the port and back to the airport after the cruise as well as provide parking while on the cruise.

Thanks!

Cathy

Which LaQuinta?

There are 5 of us meeting in Tampa the day before our Jan 30 Jewel cruise. Two are flying in from AL, one from DC, and the other two are driving from Daytona. We need a hotel that will shuttle from the airport to the port and back to the airport after the cruise as well as provide parking while on the cruise.

Thanks!

Cathy

Cathy, she probably means the LaQuinta Tampa Airport. They have a free airport shuttle but charge a small fee for the shuttle to the port but do not pick up after and take you back to the airport. It is a nice hotel and in a good area near a nice mall.

There are 3 hotels that I am sure of that have a cruise pkg that includes, free airport shuttle, free breakfast and a free shuttle to and FROM the port after the cruise. They are: The Holiday Inn Rocky Point, Hamption Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point. The hotels are basically next door to each other and Rocky Pt is an upscale area of Tampa that sits on the Bay. We stayed at the Holiday Inn RP last year and will again in 3 weeks, they offer a free shuttle anywhere within a 4 mile radius. This is nice if you are flying in and do not have a car and may need to pick up some extras for the cruise. We got a really good cruise pkg special for $89 but the rates range anywhere from $89 - $119 depending on the time of year.

Good luck.

Cathy, she probably means the LaQuinta Tampa Airport. They have a free airport shuttle but charge a small fee for the shuttle to the port but do not pick up after and take you back to the airport. It is a nice hotel and in a good area near a nice mall.

There are 3 hotels that I am sure of that have a cruise pkg that includes, free airport shuttle, free breakfast and a free shuttle to and FROM the port after the cruise. They are: The Holiday Inn Rocky Point, Hamption Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point. The hotels are basically next door to each other and Rocky Pt is an upscale area of Tampa that sits on the Bay. We stayed at the Holiday Inn RP last year and will again in 3 weeks, they offer a free shuttle anywhere within a 4 mile radius. This is nice if you are flying in and do not have a car and may need to pick up some extras for the cruise. We got a really good cruise pkg special for $89 but the rates range anywhere from $89 - $119 depending on the time of year.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. And congrats on your upcoming nuptials! How exciting!!

I just called a couple of the hotels. HI Express quoted me $139+ tax for the cruise pkg. Hampton wants $179!!! :eek:

The Tahitian Inn has mixed reviews but good rates. Cruise pkg for $119.

Thankfully there are only 2 ships going out on 1/30 so we have time to do more research. Unfortunately as far as I can tell, there aren't that many pre-cruise hotel options in Tampa. Not like FLL.

Again, congratulations and Bon Voyage!

Cathy

MIGHT LOOK HERE FOR INFO

http://www.visittampabay.com/visitors/cruise/cruise-specials/

i KNOW THE AIRPORT/WESTSHORE/ROCKY POINT AREA PRETTY WELL AND WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HOTELS

HOPE THAT HELPS (SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS I AM AT WORK)

rICK

sorry about the post was planning on posting info on our meet and mingle page..

once again sorry ang firefly333 thanks for the link

MIGHT LOOK HERE FOR INFO

http://www.visittampabay.com/visitors/cruise/cruise-specials/

i KNOW THE AIRPORT/WESTSHORE/ROCKY POINT AREA PRETTY WELL AND WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HOTELS

HOPE THAT HELPS (SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS I AM AT WORK)

rICK

Any hotel recs would be great. Driving up from Miami after our cruise on Eclipse to visit son who recently moved to Tampa. Would prefer something in Hilton chain.

One thing to consider is the shuttle might not leave when you want? I am at 3 different hotels, 2 trips to tampa and one is at the Sheraton Suites Westshore, and the shuttle to the port ($15 pp) doesnt leave until 11:30 am. I would prefer to leave by 10:30 am, so I might take a taxi.

• 1 year later...

We stayed at the hampton inn rocky point this spring. The shuttle required a reservation the night before but worked out just fine. The hotel had a water probelm and there was no water in the morning before boarding in the whole building . The staff handled everything wonderfully-had a sheet to sign to reverse the charges for every groups' rooms ready without even a peep from us. AND the water came back on by the time we came back from our run so it ended up being no big deal--and we had a week of parking and a room for free. Thumbs up to the excellent staff who made a bad situation great for everyone involved. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Archived