Oceanview Guarantee- First Timer= SOV and D+ = Deck 3

disfan

The other day, a neighbor told me that he was making his first Royal cruise. He had booked the Monarch, 4 nighter for $169, in an oceanview guarantee. He was assigned an SOV cabin on deck 9.

Even though I have been on the Monarch 4 times this year, I couldn't pass up that price.

I booked the guarantee and was assigned deck 3, all the way forward.

I called to change the cabin to one near the elevator and while on the phone I asked about the assigning of guarantee rooms. I was told that status is not considered. It only depends on category availablity, at that time.

I'm not complaining. Most of the time, I would grab an oceanview room for that price.

However, I would have thought that status would at least be considered.

The other day, a neighbor told me that he was making his first Royal cruise. He had booked the Monarch, 4 nighter for $169, in an oceanview guarantee. He was assigned an SOV cabin on deck 9.

Even though I have been on the Monarch 4 times this year, I couldn't pass up that price.

I booked the guarantee and was assigned deck 3, all the way forward.

I called to change the cabin to one near the elevator and while on the phone I asked about the assigning of guarantee rooms. I was told that status is not considered. It only depends on category availablity, at that time.

I'm not complaining. Most of the time, I would grab an oceanview room for that price.

However, I would have thought that status would at least be considered.

From what I have been told the cabins for guarantees are assigned by computer. This make total sense to me in this day and age. I also was told when I booked a balcony guarantee just this morning, that status does not figure into it. It has always been that way as far as I recall.

Your neighbor was very lucky! Ask him/her to pick lottery numbers for you!

There is no relationship between RCCL status or points and a guarantee assignment. (Unless there is an inverse relationship.) :D I am D+ with nearly 400 points and booked two guarantee cruises for earlier this year. On both, I was assigned the lowest category available. Basically I got what RCCL guaranteed - so I really am not complaining. I recently sailed an OV guarantee on the Monarch (in August) and was assigned a cabin on deck 2!

Only book a guarantee if you will be satisfied with the lowest type of cabin in the guarantee category.

M

Your neighbor was very lucky! Ask him/her to pick lottery numbers for you!

There is no relationship between RCCL status or points and a guarantee assignment. (Unless there is an inverse relationship.) :D I am D+ with nearly 400 points and booked two guarantee cruises for earlier this year. On both, I was assigned the lowest category available. Basically I got what RCCL guaranteed - so I really am not complaining. I recently sailed an OV guarantee on the Monarch (in August) and was assigned a cabin on deck 2!

Only book a guarantee if you will be satisfied with the lowest type of cabin in the guarantee category.

M

I am just like you, cruisegirl. Same numbers, same assignment in the "aquarium" for a December cruise.

You could trying going back into the guarantee pool.

But if you're by yourself, Deck 3 near the elevators is a great location. That's where I ended up on a cruise and I loved it - it's convenient to everything but the Windjammer, and it was kind of fun to look out the window in port and see the gangway right there. Monarch is a ship where I spent very little time in my cabin.

I am just like you, cruisegirl. Same numbers, same assignment in the "aquarium" for a December cruise.

We joked that we can see the fish and don’t even need to take a snorkel excursion.

We ended up very close to the stairs so it really was convenient - especially coming back from port.

M

Archived