Anyone get spyware warning?

fleckle

While reading Cruise Critic I sometimes get security warnings about blocked access to location 216.65.1.200 and was wondering if anyone else is getting them.

That is an internet site "known to be related to spyware" and described as a "potentially malicious site"

The security software blocks that site, but it seems strange that it comes up intermittently only when looking at cruisecritic.com.

While reading Cruise Critic I sometimes get security warnings about blocked access to location 216.65.1.200 and was wondering if anyone else is getting them.

That is an internet site "known to be related to spyware" and described as a "potentially malicious site"

The security software blocks that site, but it seems strange that it comes up intermittently only when looking at cruisecritic.com.

Yes, I get them, too. I haven't paid attention to the location # though. Intermittent, yes . . . I get them on this forum from time to time but have never gotten them on the Princess forum where I spend most of my time.

Get an ad blocker and pop up blocker. This may solve the problem.

I recommend the "Adblock Plus" add on for Chrome

Thanks, but pop up blockers only stop the display of pop ups (those annoying sales advertisements, promotions and banners). Pop up blockers do not secure your computer because they do not stop viruses, spyware, keyloggers and such.

The internet site that I referenced previously is a known source of spyware. If I had not been running anti-virus and anti-spyware security software that detected and blocked it, it could have invaded my computer without my knowledge because it would neither have been blocked nor reported.

Even if you are running security software, you would not be aware of the attempt unless you have the option turned on to be notified when a suspicious site is blocked.

Most people just leave that option turned off so they never see the warning messages.

I turned mine on because I wanted to see what was being blocked.

AFAIK it is sporadic with no pattern as to when it happens. I have only seen it occur on this board, not elsewhere.

In fact, I only noticed it happening again one time after I originally reported it here.

Archived