What do people like about The pacific Sun?

thied

The Atmosphere. Very Laidback.

The Service - from waiters to cabin stewards (the one I had notwithstanding - he was useless)

The Food - Plenty of it.

The Bars - Outback and Lido were great, Legends was as well.

Dislikes:

The Piano Bar - what a waste of space, in such a small area.

Oasis - Wrong Spot, and not great when the ship is underway, which is basically the only time you would use it.

Churchills - Not exactly the greatest alternative dining restaurant.

I liked the Pacific Sun. It was my first cruise, and I have nothing to compare it to. That being said, It was a little dated inside. It certainly wasn't the flashiest ship, nor was it terrible. It was great fun, and I'd sail on her again, however I'm destined for the Pearl and Fiji in January.

Thied - you would know - are there currently any plans from inside P&O to pension the Sun off? It is getting to the stage now where reliability and mechanical problems would be starting to cost P&O serious money, so a newer ship from Carnival might be the answer?

The Atmosphere. Very Laidback.

The Service - from waiters to cabin stewards (the one I had notwithstanding - he was useless)

The Food - Plenty of it.

The Bars - Outback and Lido were great, Legends was as well.

Dislikes:

The Piano Bar - what a waste of space, in such a small area.

Oasis - Wrong Spot, and not great when the ship is underway, which is basically the only time you would use it.

Churchills - Not exactly the greatest alternative dining restaurant.

I liked the Pacific Sun. It was my first cruise, and I have nothing to compare it to. That being said, It was a little dated inside. It certainly wasn't the flashiest ship, nor was it terrible. It was great fun, and I'd sail on her again, however I'm destined for the Pearl and Fiji in January.

Thied - you would know - are there currently any plans from inside P&O to pension the Sun off? It is getting to the stage now where reliability and mechanical problems would be starting to cost P&O serious money, so a newer ship from Carnival might be the answer?

from what they say early next year

Oriana??? He- he !

If you thought the riots in London earlier this year were bad, you should see what would happen if P&O sent Oriana to Australia!! :p

Barry

Why not? We've had Oriana once...

Once you've tried the others - you'll never go back to the SUN.

Once you've tried the others - you'll never go back to the SUN.

I wouldn't say that. :) We have cruised on many ships including Sun Princess (total of 16 weeks), and HAL Ryndam (total of 5 weeks), as well as many others and would happily cruise on the Pacific Sun any time. We always enjoy our time on the Sun, :) although I will say that a Verandah Suite on the Ryndam was very nice. :D

Once I have tried ANY ship - I will never go back to it (if possible).

Why??? Because there are too many ships to get through and life is too short to do the same thing twice!

Barry

I can see that point Barry.:) Years ago we had a house at the coast, but found we enjoyed going to different places and cruising more than going back to the same place time and time again.

Archived