An Early Saver rant

LUPY48

On Wed., many members of our cruise group spotted a $20 decrease in price for our May 2012 cruise on the Miracle.

All of us sent the proper form in, some even included screen shots.

All were DENIED. CCL responded that it was a 'glitch' in their system that allowed the lower fare to be posted.

Great customer service, huh?

Plus, the fare viewer hasn't been available since.

Granted, it's only $20, but as one of our members said, it's a bucket 'o beers!

If it keeps happening, report them to the Federal Trade Commission.

I'll say it again,

To Carnival Beards,

Business 101:

"If you put it out there, you own it"

Retractions of any kind are a reflection of poor organizational skills and a lack of management/oversight.

In this case the small loss in OBC is generating ill will for the brand and is making current ES fareholders question Carnival's committment to its own policy.

This has been my point exactly....a good business, whether it be a grocery store, a dept store, an airline or whatever, should eat their mistake and do right by the customer. This is especially true in the case of ES rates as they GUARANTEE THE LOWEST RATE. If it's a glitch in the system, give us our $20 per cabin to promote good will and stand by your word. It's just the right thing to do in an honorable business.

I know in the UK, that's not true and I just double-checked because I didn't think it was more than an urban myth in the US either ...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2010/09/your-rights-as-a-consumer/index.htm

If a business didn't intend to defraud the public, they're not legally required to honor a wrong price. It's at their discretion as to how to handle the situation.

No they are not LEGALLY required....but discretion is the better part of valor here. Why pizz a bunch of loyal Carnival repeat cruisers off because you won't honor that small amount? Has anyone seen what Gerry Cahill made last year?!?!?!:eek:

Doing right by your customers is ALWAYS good business;)

On Wed., many members of our cruise group spotted a $20 decrease in price for our May 2012 cruise on the Miracle.

All of us sent the proper form in, some even included screen shots.

All were DENIED. CCL responded that it was a 'glitch' in their system that allowed the lower fare to be posted.

Great customer service, huh?

Plus, the fare viewer hasn't been available since.

Granted, it's only $20, but as one of our members said, it's a bucket 'o beers!

Sorry too hear that.......BUT..on the lighter side...

Could you imagine any pro sports team.....saying something like that?.......Tom Brady thorws an interception to lose the Super Bowl, he then turns to the offical and says...wait a minute, there was a glitch in our blocking pattern and the receiver had a glitch and ran the wrong route.........the ref then says...oh ok sorry,,,,TD reversed the Pats wine.....i mean win

Or Bill Buckner of the Red Sox says there was a glitch in the infield lets do it over.....the umpire says ok...run doesnt count......lol

I'll say it again,

Retractions of any kind are a reflection of poor organizational skills and a lack of management/oversight.

Seriously? Retractions are the result of errors that can and may often be unintentional and/or innocent in nature. Any company using a counselor who reflects your ideology, has an idiot for a counselor.

You've never had to say I'm sorry but I was wrong?

Seriously? Retractions are the result of errors that can and may often be unintentional and/or innocent in nature. Any company using a counselor who reflects your ideology, has an idiot for a counselor.

This is our money, we entered into a contract with CCL when we booked our cruise at the Early Saver rate.

There are terms and conditions which I understand and obviously they don't feel they have to adhere to.

If I wanted to cancel the cruise do you believe that CCL would waive the fees if I said oooops I had a GLITCH when I booked.

I've had to say I'm wrong plenty of times, however as a small business owner I follow that up by ''paying for our mistakes" if a customer finds an error on a quote to their benefit. We don't blame it on a glitch or error on a spreadsheet, then try to walk away from it.

The problem is Carnival didn't honor its own policy, you can read the written ES policy verbatim and nowhere does it say "exceptions apply" these people genuinely found a lower fare and acted in a manner as instructed by Carnival to redeem for OBC. Only to be denied for no reason other than " it was a glitch in the system" - pure coward.

Here's what you and Carnival need to understand, everything a company puts out from the customer service people on the phone down to the hard fine legal print is a direct reflection of management in every way. The net effect of their actions today erode customer confidence in the brand and raises serious questions about Carnival policy support/enforcement or the lack thereof.

Even the "idiot counselor" can see they pooched themselves on this one.

This happened to me too! My price went down 10 bucks and I sent the form in b/c 10 bucks is 10 bucks. I checked the site several times that day and it was still down the 10 bucks. I was denied so I replied to the email asking why. They stated because my booking rate was already at the lower rate and yet on my billing information it's still at the higher rate...very confused as to how I "booked at the lower rate" and yet I'm paying for the higher price? :confused:

This is our money, we entered into a contract with CCL when we booked our cruise at the Early Saver rate.

There are terms and conditions which I understand and obviously they don't feel they have to adhere to.

If I wanted to cancel the cruise do you believe that CCL would waive the fees if I said oooops I had a GLITCH when I booked.

So if a computer pricing error caused the price to drop to $3.27 then you feel you have a contract and Carnival must abide regardless?

So if a computer pricing error caused the price to drop to $3.27 then you feel you have a contract and Carnival must abide regardless?

I don't know where you are getting the $3.27 from but CCL did take and accept our $600.00 ES deposit for this cruise.

If you have read this thread from the beginning it is a $10.00 pp that we are entitled to.

I and my fellow cruise mates who booked ES do have a contract with CCL and they should abide by the terms of the agreement regardless of a GLITCH in their computer system.

I've had to say I'm wrong plenty of times, however as a small business owner I follow that up by ''paying for our mistakes" if a customer finds an error on a quote to their benefit. We don't blame it on a glitch or error on a spreadsheet, then try to walk away from it.

The problem is Carnival didn't honor its own policy, you can read the written ES policy verbatim and nowhere does it say "exceptions apply" these people genuinely found a lower fare and acted in a manner as instructed by Carnival to redeem for OBC. Only to be denied for no reason other than " it was a glitch in the system" - pure coward.

Here's what you and Carnival need to understand, everything a company puts out from the customer service people on the phone down to the hard fine legal print is a direct reflection of management in every way. The net effect of their actions today erode customer confidence in the brand and raises serious questions about Carnival policy support/enforcement or the lack thereof.

Even the "idiot counselor" can see they pooched themselves on this one.

Oh for crying out loud...you sound like you're on some moral soapbox. If you don't like the way they play then don't do business with them. BTW there's nothing I need to understand, especially in regards to some nebulous "direct reflection of management". I personally can accept computer glitches or human errors in these matters and not resort to playing parochial games of gotcha over unintended errors. And if it's not clear to you, I'll accept their answers as being truthful and not sweat the small stuff.

Yes, should I be fortunate to do so. That or one fat OBC. Try this word

" accountability"

I don't know where you are getting the $3.27 from but CCL did take and accept our $600.00 ES deposit for this cruise.

If you have read this thread from the beginning it is a $10.00 pp that we are entitled to.

I and my fellow cruise mates who booked ES do have a contract with CCL and they should abide by the terms of the agreement regardless of a GLITCH in their computer system.

It's not obvious that figure was picked out of the air? I just wanted to know at what point you'd let them off the hook for a price error. Or should all errors be honored?

It's not obvious that figure was picked out of the air? I just wanted to know at what point you'd let them off the hook for a price error. Or should all errors be honored?

Of course it was obvious, they didn't let me off the hook when I booked this cruise and I had to give them my deposit.

Price error?? I have submitted numerous ES forms in the past for rate drops and have never been denied.

Why now? A glitch, yes I do feel in this case that CCL's error should be honored.

Archived