When you think of cruising... you think of....

donoiv

Looking forward to the Magic in March.

When you dream about being back on a ship... what do you think about? Personally, I think about being on the second floor of the Conservatory (Indoor pool area) on board the Grand Princess. It's quite... the loungers are great... fun to read the first couple pages of a book and fall asleep for an afternoon nap... It has VaCaTiOn written all over it.

I always think about the first day...walking into the atrium of a ship I haven't seen, scurrying up to the Lido deck, grabbing a table, and waiting for someone to bring me a drink!

There is such an adrenaline rush those first few hours! :)

Have they cruised before? I'm taking my two sisters in November. They are both newbies and I can't wait to see their reaction! :D

No - they are both cruising newbies - as is my MIL, who will also be with us. Will try to snap a pic of their reactions and post them here :) that's if I'm not too excited to remember...lol!

I always think about the first day...walking into the atrium of a ship I haven't seen, scurrying up to the Lido deck, grabbing a table, and waiting for someone to bring me a drink!

There is such an adrenaline rush those first few hours! :)

Yep, have to agree with you! After the hustle & bustle of packing and traveling to the ship, to sit on the Lido deck with a DOD is the best! It's just saying "You're on vacation now!"

No - they are both cruising newbies - as is my MIL, who will also be with us. Will try to snap a pic of their reactions and post them here :) that's if I'm not too excited to remember...lol!

Aw, have a great time! And DO try to snap a picture!

This will be our first ever trip as adult sisters---just the 3 of us---and we range from 50-60 years old! (Gee, that sounds OLD! :eek:) They are tired of hearing me talk about cruising and having to look at my pictures, so I just told them to C'MON and let's GO! Our mom died suddenly a few years ago, so we know the importance of living for the moment. ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book! Happy cruising! :)

I get excited just walking into the atrium and seeing the ship!! Especially if its a new ship like the one I am about to go on. I have never been on the Ecstasy always the Triumph!! I still get so excited walking into the atrium and getting my first DOD, heading up the lido for lunch, dropping our stuff off in our cabin and knowing once muster drill is over its almost time for sailaway!! I LOVE waking up in the morning and having breakfast on the balcony!! So RELAXING!! Only 30 more days till I board the Ecstasy!!

I can't wait to get my girls on the Elation in just 14 days! I will get that movie of driving up to the port and of course them getting on! I can't wait!

But I really look forward to not cleaning, cooking, or cleaning up for a whole week! I am really excited to let the kids have some fun at Camp Carnival while I get some sun!

When I dream or think about being on a cruise ship again, I long for the relaxation and no responsibilities after the muster drill. Like another posted, that wonderful cup of coffee on our balcony in the morning, sitting in my pj's and enjoying a danish while listening to the water as the ship slices through it, crosses my mind too. Love it.

My first thought is the Lido/Sun deck... DOD's, the buffet, people watching, staring out over the railing at the endless blue sea with the sunshine and a breeze on my face...:D

Then I think of the Atrium/Promenade... entering the ship for the first time, formal night, the shops, wandering around with "nowhere" to go :)

Finally, the MDR comes to mind with all the delicious/different food that I dont get on a day to day basis, and that I dont have to cook ;)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh..... not soon enough.....

Getting there, lugging carryon, making sure my parents are comfortable make arrival and embarkment stressful.. Then muster.. It's probably dinner the first night when I finally feel the "vacation has begun" thrill..

I dont think there is anything on this earth as relaxing and calming as the deep blue sea... I wouldn't care if the ship ever arrived in port.. I don't care if the seas are calm or angry. I LOVE being in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight.. The sun reflecting off the water, or the sun setting/raising over the water. Then there is the moon. And the way the water glows when turned by the ship. It's just hipnotic.. Cure for ANYTHING that ails you. (deep breath.. it's only 44 days)

I should have been a mermaid!

Aw, have a great time! And DO try to snap a picture!

This will be our first ever trip as adult sisters---just the 3 of us---and we range from 50-60 years old! (Gee, that sounds OLD! :eek:) They are tired of hearing me talk about cruising and having to look at my pictures, so I just told them to C'MON and let's GO! Our mom died suddenly a few years ago, so we know the importance of living for the moment. ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book! Happy cruising! :)

Hope you all have a great time :) My brother and I have cruised twice together (with our spouses and friends) and we had a fantastic time together. Sure helps that we get along so well.

I will definitely snap a pic of my kiddies and MIL boarding the Liberty!

Archived