Liberty of the Seas - Redeployment in 2013

Petah, that is sure a switch and a biggy going to Asia. Tfhere is still talk of the Freedom coming into Bayonne and one of the big girls going to Port Canaveral when the construction is finished for bigger docking and parking

Petah, that is sure a switch and a biggy going to Asia. Tfhere is still talk of the Freedom coming into Bayonne and one of the big girls going to Port Canaveral when the construction is finished for bigger docking and parking

I surely hope that the Freedom doesn't leave Port Canaveral. I love her and don't want her replaced by one of the bigger ships as she is big enough for me!

According to news reports in Cape Canaveral, the new terminal is being built and partially funded by Carnival, the port is being deepened to accomodate larger ships (no guarantee to get one), a Freedom class ship is contracted to be in Port Canaveral through 2015, Oasis/Allure not likely to leave a new facility specially built for them in Ft. Lauderdale. Everything else is just speculation.

A friend who has just disembarked from Liberty in Barcelona has been advised that 2012 will be the last year she will be sailing in Europe.

In 2013 she is being repositioned to Asia.

Here is the friend ;)…

Perhaps some insights on what we gotten from the crew :D.

Liberty will be going to Asia as of 2013, this was confirmed by the Crown and Anchor loyalty officer at the welcome back party (they did clearly state that all the plans are still under heavy construction).

The redeployment will take place in the beginning of the summer months, so winter will still be Caribbean, beginning of May she will go from Caribbean to Europe so on the Asia, basically the same redeployment cruise as Brilliance will be doing in 2012 I believe.

As I understood, the port of departure will change from time to time from Honk Kong to Singapore, but the entire itinerary is still in decision fase…But you all know what interesting ports are in that neighborhood…AND how fast plans can change :D

On project Sunshine we also heard a lot of staff stating something, apparently about 40 architects and ship designers joined a Liberty cruise 2 months ago to come to final decisions on what she should look like on the inside.

What is sure, is that she will be a smaller ship, a little larger than Radiance class but smaller than a Freedom class.

The other confirmed touch, will be that she will have solar panels as one of the power supplies.

But, I am far from a RCI ship designer or employee, so basically they can tell me anything ;)

Greets

I wouldn't count on this rumor being true. First, it was just announced tht Voyager will be going to Asia. Second, most rumors about ship redeployment turn out to be false when the actual itineraries are released. (Especially those started on a ship by the crew or an officer.) Just look at all the rumors about New Jersey and Galveston over the past few years, and how none of them ended up being true. Same thing with most other rumors about redeployments that are started on a ship.

I wouldn't count on this rumor being true. First, it was just announced tht Voyager will be going to Asia. Second, most rumors about ship redeployment turn out to be false when the actual itineraries are released. (Especially those started on a ship by the crew or an officer.) Just look at all the rumors about New Jersey and Galveston over the past few years, and how none of them ended up being true. Same thing with most other rumors about redeployments that are started on a ship.

ding ding ding...you got it....Voyager it is....they're not sending the Voyager and Liberty to the Asia market. I was going to mention about the Voyager, but the last poster beat me to it

Actually Voyager is going via Asia to Oceania and being based in Sydney, Australia which is completely different to Asia. So your comment is incorrect.

RCI see these 2 areas as growth areas and so it is completely feasible that these 2 ships are moved into that area. Sailing an itinerary in Asia is completely different to sailing around Australia, New Zealand and the numerous islands in the Pacific Ocean.

As the airlines already know, people from Japan, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore travel extensively and in huge numbers, so it makes sense to me to have a Freedom class vessel in this area where RCI can take advantage of the sheer numbers of potential passengers.

Sounds to me that you are unhappy about ships moving from the US market to areas where it is considered the business can expand.

The US/Caribbean market is saturated and is no longer the big money spinner it once was. That's why the cruiselines flooded Europe and the Mediterranean, next was the middle east areas of Dubai.

However, due to the economies in the US and Europe and the unrest in the Middle East, perhaps they have decided to try other markets.

The Voyager is going to spend time between Asia and Australia

http://apnnews.com/2011/06/10/royal-caribbean-internationals-voyager-of-the-seas-to-be-the-largest-cruise-ship-to-home-port-in-asia-in-summer-2012/

I don't care where RCI places their ships so for me it has nothing to do with being upset.:rolleyes:

I don't see RCI placing a ship the size of Liberty in Asia until they have tested the waters with Voyager.

Also, the post above about the new Sunshine class. She will be larger than Freedom by a slight size so that information is wrong. Also, I take what the crew says with a grain of salt. Most times they are incorrect and the "smart" crew members keep the real information to themselves. ;)

There was a rumor/rumour that Oasis was coming to Europe in 2013/14. Someone posted it on Cruise Critic that they were at a TA meeting with RCCL in Madrid (RCCL had just formed a partnerhip with a Spanish TA) and they had been told that there were plans to take Oasis to the Med. I am really hoping this will come true as I would love to try Oasis or Allure and my daughter hates flying so going to Florida is not an option at the moment. I might however get her on a shorter flight within Europe.

Could Oasis replace Liberty?

This movement of the Liberty does make a lot of sense. The Asian market is where the money is at now; China ( Hong Kong and Macau) sounds fabulous. Hong Kong harbor is amazing and the city is right at the Port. If it is true I am glad I am sailing liberty in the Med next year and could try her again closer to home next time! I am not a fan of the Pacific cruises but Asia is a different story. I haven't cruised on the Oasis but I just don't like the look of them.

Stupid question of the week:

How would a Voyager/Freedom class ship sail to Asia/the Pacific?

I believe they can fit through the Suez Canal and after 2014 maybe even the Panama Canal, really don't know for sure.

There was a rumor/rumour that Oasis was coming to Europe in 2013/14. Someone posted it on Cruise Critic that they were at a TA meeting with RCCL in Madrid (RCCL had just formed a partnerhip with a Spanish TA) and they had been told that there were plans to take Oasis to the Med. I am really hoping this will come true as I would love to try Oasis or Allure and my daughter hates flying so going to Florida is not an option at the moment. I might however get her on a shorter flight within Europe.

Could Oasis replace Liberty?

The rumor I heard was that Oasis/Allure will have to go back to Finland for dry-dock and may run a brief season across the pond when they do.....as for either being re-deployed permanently across the pond....I am not sure I would bet on that.

Just off the Oasis this past week and Serenade this past May and both Captains discussed the new Sunshine class ship that is ordered. Oasis Captain said it will be the size of the Freedom class but other than that, all other info on this ship has not been released. Maybe she'll be deployed in Port Canaveral.

Just off the Oasis this past week and Serenade this past May and both Captains discussed the new Sunshine class ship that is ordered. Oasis Captain said it will be the size of the Freedom class but other than that, all other info on this ship has not been released. Maybe she'll be deployed in Port Canaveral.

Several sources have been been reporting size at 158,000-160,000 GRT, same as Freedom class but with 500 passengers more, at 4,100 pax double occupancy.

I hope they don't overstuff the ship ala Princess.

The Voyager is going to spend time between Asia and Australia

http://apnnews.com/2011/06/10/royal-caribbean-internationals-voyager-of-the-seas-to-be-the-largest-cruise-ship-to-home-port-in-asia-in-summer-2012/

I don't care where RCI places their ships so for me it has nothing to do with being upset.:rolleyes:

I don't see RCI placing a ship the size of Liberty in Asia until they have tested the waters with Voyager.

Also, the post above about the new Sunshine class. She will be larger than Freedom by a slight size so that information is wrong. Also, I take what the crew says with a grain of salt. Most times they are incorrect and the "smart" crew members keep the real information to themselves. ;)

I was thinking the same thing as a I read this. Liberty seems awfully big to send over there. So I am not taking this report too seriously... I myself have heard captains say things that turned out to be completely false, multiple times!

Several sources have been been reporting size at 158,000-160,000 GRT, same as Freedom class but with 500 passengers more, at 4,100 pax double occupancy.

I hope they don't overstuff the ship ala Princess.

Not a rumor, those numbers come directly from the Meyer Werft/RCI joint press release. Just FWIW, GRT is a measure of available space, not physical size. Space is created/destroyed by design; size is determined by the maximum physical dimensions that a yard can handle, and by the topographical constraints on the route from the yard to open water.

Guys, guys, guys, they clearly stated that it was all PLANS, and no more…Plans are there to change according to the present situation, especially if the plans are for in 2013…Lets first see what the world does in 2012.

Oasis will not come to Europe, on the same C&A welcome back party it was clearly stated that she is just too big to stay in Europe...Many passengers asked the question on our LOS cruise.

Also the rumor did not come from just anyone, it came from the loyalty officer and he clearly said PLANS, not that she will move to Asia…But I agree, even captains can give wrong information.

Greets

Archived