Carnival 1A (with a window) . . . anyone ever stayed in one of these cabins?

ladycaveat

you pay for a single person without the supplement??

I really think that is accurate.

For girns - looking at 1A cabin pricing for Valor, Sept 17, 2006

for 2 people - $489 each = $978

for 1 person - $654 each = $654

+ some bs fees, but the pricing is directly from carnival.com. The difference in base fees is obviously more than port charges, so if there is a supplement, it is much less than double.

The price you are seeing included port fees (not government taxes).. so for one person you pay 654. but if taking 2 in the same cabin the one person is only paying 489. SO yes you are paying the supplement. If not you woul only be paying 489.

But certainly way less than 2 fares.

For other cabinets, there is a noticeably higher supplement.

1A 489pp or 654 single

4A 579pp or 999 single

5A 679pp or 1199 single

6A 699pp or 1239 single

I think for any cabin except 1A, the supplement is 100%. In this case, for a 1A, it looks like it might be 33%. In some cases, I think it is less, but maybe no more.

Yes, you can book as a guarantee and hope for an upgrade. But an upgrade could be to an inside cabin. Once I had an assigned 1A cabin and upgraded to an outside cabin anyway - guess there was a large party that wanted my cabin. On Valor I had an inside 1A cabin and it was just fine for one.

jahprCsq-+cEXOYq3wJUPw7m1NirQy6+0300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I,ve booked the same room on my liberty cruise for jan.07 I can't wait! great room and great price $501 for 2 people or $641 for one! Nobody can beat Carnival Prices! I've sailed on RCCl and Ncl, but Carnival got them beat when it comes to good ole Adult fun!!

Liberty 2007 and hopefully the Spirit to Alaska sept.07

Destiny march 2006

Amtrak across America 2005

Voyager of the Seas 9-04

Norwegain Dawn 10-03

Adventure of the Seas 4-02

Nordic Empress 10-01

In just twenty-nine days I'll be on my way to the Caribbean and I can hardly wait! This will be my first cruise on Carnival (out of five prior cruises). It will also be my second cruise alone (after a divorce). On my last cruise, September 2003, I booked an inside cabin (Celebrity) and I hated it. It was so dark and I never knew if it was day or night. This time, I booked a 1A on Carnival which I was told was one of two 1A cabins which had a window. It's on the Triumph and it's cabin #1444. Has anyone ever been in this cabin (or any other 1A cabin on Carnival)? Was really interested in how comfortable the cabin is . . . the layout looks really strange . . .

depends on if it is a port hole and a window, if it is a window they are pretty big. I wasn't on the Triumph I was on the Celebration, if they are the same, I sat on the window ledge, it was big. Hope this helps. Have a great time....:)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone out there that has stayed in 2462 or 2465 lately on the Glory? I booked our cruise through a Carnival PVP and he assured me that he had called the Head Purser and the Head of Housekeeping on the Glory personally and was told that these cabins have 2 twin beds on the floor that can be pushed together and made into a king size bed. I have heard so many stories on this board that these rooms have one twin bed and then a bunk bed that pulls out of the ceiling. The other couple traveling with us are in their 70's and are not capable of getting in and out of a bunk bed. I know that if I was lied to before booking this cruise I will be very disappointed with Carnival and I have cruised with them 4 times prior to my upcoming Glory cruise on June 10th. If anyone has any pictures of either of these 2 rooms on the Glory I would really appreciate seeing them. I wonder if the Glory could have had these cabins changed from the one twin and one bunk bed to two twin beds on the floor when it went in to be refurbished. I hope that is what happened and our cruise will not be ruined by us not getting what we were promised. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me with this very frustrating situation.

Gail

Yes, the vibration is in the back more then the midship and hardly ever on the front.

Then it depends on the deck-- on the liberty-lots of people complain about the vibration in the aft dining room. Rarely the midship dining room. We had an aft cabin on the Liberty and not felt no vibration during our week.

• 1 month later...
I WAS TOLD IT IS BUNK BEDS ON THE GLORY WITH A SOFA THAT TURNS IN TO A SINGLE BED....HOPE THAT HELPS

Reviews coming back state both. some report it had upper bed and another stated it was two beds on the floor. (in this cabin i would have thought it was a sofa bed.)

serene56@aol.com

Archived