All Expense Paid Cruise on Celebrity- Which Ship?

Aziah

My husband's company is offering an all-expense paid vacation on a Celebrity cruise to the top salesmen. What is the [I]best[/I] ship he should pick to go on (and location) and does Celebrity allow infants or are they adults only?

Thanks in advance!!!

Having just sailed on the Constellation, I would have to say the Connie is just awesome. I don't think you can go wrong with ANY M-Class ship.
As for itinerary, I would choose one to Europe, as those trips can be very pricey. If you get the cruise for free, then you could really splurge on the shore excursions.
The Constellation goes to the Baltics, and the Millie goes to the Mediterranean.

Oh, I wish I could go!!!!!
Maybe next year. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Yep, I also vote for an M class in Europe!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Have you cruised before??

What are your priorities when you vacation??

If you are new to cruising I would choose Horizon or Zenith. I think the convey a much better feel for cruising rather than the floating hotel feel...just my opinion.

Oh...and I tend to agree with Pammie.

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04
Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

My daughter took her 5 month old on a family cruise in January. We had a fantastic time. Of course our situation is a little different since our daughter lives almost 1500 miles from us so we really enjoyed the time with her and our grandaughter. Only drawback would be that it limits what you can do. In my daughter's case, we had a village.

Infants are allowed however, you will have to pay for them as a 3rd. party plus tips. As mentioned, you may wish to think about bringing your child as there will be many things you won't be able to do with the child; pools are prohibited, infants can't go to a 'day camp' program, you will have to bring your baby foods, formula & diapers and a stroller/pack & play possibly and your well deserved vacation may not be as relaxed as you would have hoped.
I disagree about the Horizon or Zenith. They are smaller ships with less public space. The Millennium class ships are great including a dome covered Thallostherapy pool and Specialty restaurant. Cabins are bigger, too. Depending on he compnies parameters, Europe would require a 10-14 night cruise vacation while the Caribbean, Alaska or Bermuda would be a 7 night cruise. Most incentive prizes are for a week's cruise IMHO. Traveling to Europe is also very port intensive and tours are costly but well wortth the planning. Good Luck
Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04
Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003
Carnival Legend 4/11/2003
Carnival Pride 2/23/2002
Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001
Grand Princess 3/2001
Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000
Sea Princess 2/22/1999
Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998
Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998
Celebrity Century 3/1997
Celebrity Zenith 11/1996
Legend of the Seas 6/1995
Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

Aziah..... Consider allowing Grandma to care for your baby!

It will be an even more awesome experience....if it is just you and hubby!

I do know....it's hard to think about leaving the baby.

So....is it a for sure thing that he won? Or...is it a possibility at this point? How exciting for you!

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!
Matthew 8:27

If you really get your choice of any ship, I would probably opt for the 14 day Infinity cruise of South America. 14 Days! I was checking out a round the world tour like Holland America has but no such luck.

There were several infants on our cruise but as the other posters commented, it would definitely force you to divert some of your focus. On our cruise one couple solved the problem by bringing the grandparents along who loved the time with the baby. That gave them the best of all worlds (time for themselves, time with the baby, and time with their folks)

Just thought you'd like to know that if you let the cruise line know what baby foods and what formula the baby needs they will have it on the cruise for you. The same way meals are part of your price, baby foods and formula is part of the baby's ticket. Just let them know about 4 weeks from the sail date.

[img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/peace.gif[/img]
[img]http://images.animfactory.com/animations/holiday_events/september_11/candle_burning_for_911_md_wht.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boo's Mom:
Aziah..... Consider allowing Grandma to care for your baby!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

People seem to suggest this so lightly. If one is nursing, it probably isn't an option. We traveled with a nursing infant. Depending on the baby, a non-mobile or semi-mobile babe in arms can be the easiest time to travel with kids. Yes the have to be carried, but they are still relatively light and their nutritional needs are mainly taken care of by having Mom present. A lot of their amusement is take care of by having the world around them to observe.

We were forunate to not have children subject to colic - that could make a difference.

A one or two year old is a lot more work to travel with. They are mobile and need to be constantly watched.

Do be sure to be careful about sun exposure when traveling with an infant. They burn so easily.

Personally, I would not leave my baby @ home with someone.... for more than just a few hours.

And, although I probably would not have cruised with my baby...I do know that many women/men have the personalities where they can easily just take that bundle with them... and it is not a big deal at all.

And...sometimes folks are playing around with the thought of having someone care for their child at home while they cruise...but they might just need to hear a little encouragement from others in order to take that big step.

Now with that said.... I did cruise (4 day) with some friends and left my 6 & 10 year olds at home with Dad. That just about broke my heart in pieces! It was very hard. Certainly nothing wrong with what I did....it was just hard on me personally....

Just some thoughts. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!
Matthew 8:27

Archived