carnival victory, is it good?

sonyynos

Hi

I still have to make my mind when it comes to what ship to choose, I want to sail from puerto rico and I dont know what to choose , carnival victory or adventure from royal . I dont really care about the itinerary but carnival victory is about 250$ cheaper than royal. I have been in both cruiseline and I know the differences between them, but I would likwe to know what u guys think about carnival victoria? any reason that is that cheaper compraded to others line doing the same or similar itinerary

Thank so much, also , since this ship sail from puerto rico , should I expect more local on board the ship?

thank for the advice

Hi

I still have to make my mind when it comes to what ship to choose, I want to sail from puerto rico and I dont know what to choose , carnival victory or adventure from royal . I dont really care about the itinerary but carnival victory is about 250$ cheaper than royal. I have been in both cruiseline and I know the differences between them, but I would likwe to know what u guys think about carnival victoria? any reason that is that cheaper compraded to others line doing the same or similar itinerary

Thank so much, also , since this ship sail from puerto rico , should I expect more local on board the ship?

thank for the advice

I liked the Victory better than the Fantasy but not as much as the Miracle and it did not come close to Rccl Explorer. I picked it for the itinerary out of San Juan. It is a fantastic trip. I found the service to be really good too. I have pics in my signature if you want to check it out.

We sailed the Victory earlier this year - we had a GREAT time and I would do it agan in a heartbeat! The ship was great as well as the itinerary. There are lots of reviews posted that you might want to search for. Since it's such a port-intensive itinerary, nothing ever felt crowded or busy on the ship since every one has so much going on. Perfect cruise.

Hi

thank for the advice

Yes many more locals as they get a great discount to fill the ship at the end.

If you don't care about the itnerary,Royal has the nicer ship and since you have done both,you would know that already.I have done both ships and royal wins hands down imho.

We sailed Victory last September and had a great time. We've also done the Southern Caribbean on Adventure of the Seas and found it to be a much nicer ship overall. It depends what you want!

Not sure I'd pay the extra $250 to sail Adventure though.. These southern cruises are very port intensive and we found we were out doing excursions every day so the ship really wasn't a big deal for us.. we cruise for the ports! :)

Since you've cruised with both lines, you pretty much know the similarities and differences.

We had a great time on Victory,

and that was back in 2007 before the upgrades.

.....when Victory's carpets looked like this...

CV-537.jpg

-but next time you cruise Victory you'll find them looking like...

NewCarpet-599.jpg

Here's a view (taken late April 2011) showing both hallway and elevator carpets..

Carpets-311.jpg

Have cruised both Victory and AOS.

Had a wonderful time on both trips.

Like the itenerary better on Victory, but for the ship itself, it would have to go to AOS.

Love sailing southern route and already planning another trip.

Hoping to do one week on SOS and the next on AOS.

Archived