Walking Princess Cays

2cruiserz

I've seen pictures of this island but I'm not able to ascertain if everything is within walking distance such as the various bars along the beach, treasure shops, bbq pavilion, etc. Can anyone say if we are able to walk to all these ares or if we would need a taxi to get around? Is there anything to do (besides laying on the beach) close to where the ship tenders the guests in? Thank you for the feedback!

I've seen pictures of this island but I'm not able to ascertain if everything is within walking distance such as the various bars along the beach, treasure shops, bbq pavilion, etc. Can anyone say if we are able to walk to all these ares or if we would need a taxi to get around? Is there anything to do (besides laying on the beach) close to where the ship tenders the guests in? Thank you for the feedback!

As others have said, it's just a private beach area with some shopping and eating areas. No taxi's at all. It really is a laying on the beach, drinking a nice drink, enjoying the beautiful, beautiful oceanview kind of place. However, you can also do some of the water activities like snorkeling, banana boat rides, etc. Really just a quite nice beach day. If you find you don't like the experience there, you can hop on a tender back to the ship and enjoy some quiet time on the ship.

I happen to really love Princess Cays but I know there are many you never get off the ship at this stop. Go over, check it out, and decide for yourself. It's an easy ride back to the ship if you don't like it.

I truly hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you so much for the information :)

To add a few more, there's a gift shop and some local vendors. I've always found the snorkeling to be good around the gazebo and in front of the cabana's. A giant chess board, stair tower for an elevated view and some impromptu volleyball games going on in the sand. The barbeque was never very impressive but good to tie you over till you get back to the ship. We've always had a great time there.

Don't forget to check out the graves while you are on your walking tour.

You made me just think of my mom who passed almost two years ago. She loved graveyards. Not in a weird, morbid way. She just found it interesting to read the tombstones, etc. One of her favorites was the one we visited in Key West.

You made me just think of my mom who passed almost two years ago. She loved graveyards. Not in a weird, morbid way. She just found it interesting to read the tombstones, etc. One of her favorites was the one we visited in Key West.

Everyone talks about those tombstones on PC.

When we were there in 2007, we couldn't find them.

• 2 years later...