Looking for Spirit reviews from this past week

Izziebella

Now that the Spirit is back from her first cruise down into the Mexican Riviera I'm hoping someone from that cruise will post a review. We leave in a couple of weeks and I'm so curious about their impressions of San Pedro and the ports of call.

Now that the Spirit is back from her first cruise down into the Mexican Riviera I'm hoping someone from that cruise will post a review. We leave in a couple of weeks and I'm so curious about their impressions of San Pedro and the ports of call.

As they just docked today you may not get a response for a couple of days:D

The Spirit has been down to Mexico many times in previous years. I doubt if the reviews will be much different this time!

It's a new itinerary and a new embarkation port, so there will most likely be some differences.

I've been trying to get info on the Piano Bar entertainer.

I was on this sailing. Embarkation was a mess which I am sure will be chronicled in great length on many reviews. The ship was late getting into port because of fog which delayed everything by 3 hours. Needless to say it took 4 hours to get on board, but once on board everything was fantastic.

Due to the hurricane they also switched around our ports and took away our second day in Cabo. Most people I met on the ship were disappointed with this change, but they did extend our time in the port. The weather actually ended up being excellent the whole trip and it only rained once really late at night. The people of Manzanillo were very welcoming as well. There were groups of school children at the end of the dock welcoming all the passengers. It was pretty awesome.

Unfortunately I never made it to the piano bar so I can't comment on that. I did walk past it one night and there were only a hand full of people sitting around the piano, besides them the place was completely empty. The Club Cool was always busy with dancing or karaoke. Seemed like people really enjoyed it there. The comedians were also very funny and I highly recommend seeing some of those shows.

Thank You Relane821. We'll have to be on the lookout for reviews. Can't blame Carnival for fog, but good to hear you had nice weather.

I'll bet the people of Manzanillo were happy to see cruisers back since they had been eliminated from the previous weekly visit by the Spirit.

I think it was the first sailing out of the San Pedro embarkation port (I could be wrong). And the first cruise to have so many Mexico ports changed (again...I think this is true).

Wondering how it all worked out.

Yes, this is the first time for the Spirit out of San Pedro. We sailed on her out of San Diego a couple years ago on an 8-day and went all the way down to Acapulco, it was a good trip, she's a great ship and we'll miss her when she leaves the U.S.

Archived