Pride Review (9-25 thru 10-2) (GT, HMC, and Freeport) lots of pics

Anung Un Rama

What a great review!!! Thanks for all the photos! We are cruising out of NY in April, and was really wondering about Grand Turk, and your review was SO helpful!

What is the "pac safe" thing you mentioned? Sounds interesting! I am wondering what I will do with my camera, iphone, etc. while at the beach! I would love to hear more about this product!

thank you!

karen

The BEST review (And great pictures too!) I have ever read on CC. I love a happy ending. Thanks for sharing.

Wow thank you!

What a great review!!! Thanks for all the photos! We are cruising out of NY in April, and was really wondering about Grand Turk, and your review was SO helpful!

What is the "pac safe" thing you mentioned? Sounds interesting! I am wondering what I will do with my camera, iphone, etc. while at the beach! I would love to hear more about this product!

thank you!

karen

Thank you! Glad we could help! The PacSafe was purchased from Amazon - it comes with a lock that uses a key, but we purchased a separate combo lock to use so we wouldn't have to fuss with keys... here's links to both products:

PacSafe:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018BQGSU/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Combo Lock that we purchased separate that works well with it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FTP1Y6/ref=oh_o00_s01_i00_details

The bag is large enough to hold our camera, our other electronic type stuff like ipod/phones/etc, and our wallets. It's not waterproof, but it's got this wire meshy stuff in the fabric that makes it pretty secure. We attached it to our beach chair, and it certainly made me feel a lot safer when we were out in the water! It was definitely a great buy - we will use it on all trips from now on I'm sure.

Hope that helps!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very late "Congrats!"

Loved the review but a ton of pictures are not showing up for me. Photbucket complaining about too many views. Most of the HMC stuff is missing. I suspect others linked directly to your posts and chewed up bandwidth. :(

Very late "Congrats!"

Loved the review but a ton of pictures are not showing up for me. Photbucket complaining about too many views. Most of the HMC stuff is missing. I suspect others linked directly to your posts and chewed up bandwidth. :(

No, just photobucket being stupid. I guess I went over my allowed 10GB's of pictures when I added this latest batch. It'll be back up tomorrow.

Sorry everyone,... it appear most of those blocked ones in here are mine now - I'll post the full link to the album - I think I went through and did cleanup in the album one day before I purchased more storage and may have accidentally deleted some things. I've restored the album with all the pics.

LINK TO FULL ENGAGEMENT CRUISE ALBUM

https://picasaweb.google.com/115725802390870373799/Cruise2011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPeH5pH-htmhVw&feat=directlink

• 3 months later...
Prepping the frog legs which was tonight's 'Did Ya Ever'..........we didn't.

cruise2011394.jpg

cruise2011396.jpg

The entire menu for the week

cruise2011402.jpg

And this had my mouth watering even after the chocolate buffet

cruise2011400.jpg

Once again, this was a very cool, very free little tour that gave us both some good insight into the workings that we never see.

Wow! Is this galley tour something that they do on all ships? I've only heard of the Behind the Fun tour which costs big bucks. I'd love to do something like this!

Wow! Is this galley tour something that they do on all ships? I've only heard of the Behind the Fun tour which costs big bucks. I'd love to do something like this!

Honestly not sure. I know they do this on the Pride as it was offered again in May but we did not see it (then again we didn't look for it) on the Liberty. Once you've seen one kitchen, you've seen them all :o

Archived