Pride Review (9-25 thru 10-2) (GT, HMC, and Freeport) lots of pics

Anung Un Rama

I've got a S3000 as well, and hope my pictures come out as good as yours did! Any suggestions for settings? Or was it just in full auto?

I just checked out settings (I fiddled with it when I first got it but didn't change anything for the trip) - I actually only had it set to the 8m Image mode (3264x2448), rather than the highest setting. Looks like the only option in the shooting menu that isn't on auto is the AF area mode, which I have set to "Face priority". As for the different modes you can choose, I almost always keep it on Auto, except when taking sunset pictures, I really like the Sunset setting. I'll be honest, I deleted a lot as well - I can't get this camrea to take good pictures in lower light settings without using a flash - the shutter stays open way too long and I end up getting a blurry shot every time. I'm sure there are setting tweaks I could do, but I don't know very much about cameras! Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!!

I just checked out settings (I fiddled with it when I first got it but didn't change anything for the trip) - I actually only had it set to the 8m Image mode (3264x2448), rather than the highest setting. Looks like the only option in the shooting menu that isn't on auto is the AF area mode, which I have set to "Face priority". As for the different modes you can choose, I almost always keep it on Auto, except when taking sunset pictures, I really like the Sunset setting. I'll be honest, I deleted a lot as well - I can't get this camrea to take good pictures in lower light settings without using a flash - the shutter stays open way too long and I end up getting a blurry shot every time. I'm sure there are setting tweaks I could do, but I don't know very much about cameras! Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!!

thanks!

• 2 months later...
You guys are adorable! Love the review. Not sure about the MD nonseafood eating thing. But I can look past it! LOL! Gotta go for now, but will subscribe to finish up!

Aww, thank you! Yeah I thought the seafood thing is weird too, but I can easily look past it :p;)

I want to point out that Carnival’s stock photos and other reviews we have seen from other Serenity Decks show these great clamshell covers that can go around the back of the round loungers… unfortunately they don’t have them on the Pride… or at least they didn’t on this cruise. I asked, and was told nope. Drat. :(

I just saw this review today...congratulations on your engagement!!!

We went on the Pride in June (just a few months before you), and they DID have the clamshell covers! A couple of them weren't working properly though, so I wonder if they just didn't hold up well and they took them off...I am sad to hear they are gone, because I sat in one of those chairs for about 5 hours one day, with the shade up to block the sun. Best afternoon ever!

We're sailing on Pride with this itinerary next November. I'm so excited after seeing all the great info and pics. This will really help with port planning. I'm gettin' me one of those cabanas at HMC. This will be my fifth cruise and the first one that doesn't go to Bermuda. Thanks for sharing!

I have to say, I never in my life ever wanted to get married. I just didn't see the point. If you love someone, you love them. But I never imagined I could meet someone who compliments me so perfectly, someone I'd be so happy to call my wife. She's the most amazing person I've ever met and I'm thankful everyday that we both took a chance 3 years ago.

Congratulations to you and your fiancee. It is definitely an amazing feeling when you find the one that compliments you perfectly. It simply makes life more amazing. :)

I just saw this review today...congratulations on your engagement!!!

We went on the Pride in June (just a few months before you), and they DID have the clamshell covers! A couple of them weren't working properly though, so I wonder if they just didn't hold up well and they took them off...I am sad to hear they are gone, because I sat in one of those chairs for about 5 hours one day, with the shade up to block the sun. Best afternoon ever!

Thank you! Yeah we were both bummed about not having the covers. It got hot out there some days! I wonder if the winds in the Atlantic just ripped them up too badly?

We're sailing on Pride with this itinerary next November. I'm so excited after seeing all the great info and pics. This will really help with port planning. I'm gettin' me one of those cabanas at HMC. This will be my fifth cruise and the first one that doesn't go to Bermuda. Thanks for sharing!

Glad we could help! I would suggest going on Carnival's site for excursions and booking it ASAP - they sell out quick! We had some people on our last roll call that tried even 4-5 months out and they were all gone.

Congratulations to you and your fiancee. It is definitely an amazing feeling when you find the one that compliments you perfectly. It simply makes life more amazing. :)

Thank you! It certainly does make life better :D

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick supplement to the Embarkation Day notes:

We loved our Extended Balcony. As Chris mentioned previously, we had Obstructed View balconies on our past two cruises on the Pride. We always book Early Saver, and therefore were able to pick our own cabin – so we always got one in between the life boats, but couldn’t pass up the great upsell-fairy deal this time. We were so glad we took it too – we were in cabin 7180, and the extra leg room was EXCELLENT. Here are a few pics:

DSCN0992.JPG

We had 7180 for our very first cruise together! lucky cabin! :)

DSCN1133.JPG

As we were heading down to deck 7, an announcement was made again to clear the area on Deck 3 as that was where the crew was attempting to bring this thing on board :eek:! Needless to say there was a lot of chatter from people with all sorts of conspiracy theories as to what happened.

Evidently, nothing was found, the ship was put back in the water, and we went on our merry way.

My friends were on this same cruise and have a closer shot of the boat. the red spot looks a lot redder!! :eek:

He couldn't hide from the camera for long, and I suckered him into one of the "hold the cameral out" shots I've tried to perfect.

DSCN1168.JPG

Since I am a Sox fan, this is my favorite picture!! LOL

sailing on the Pride again this summer. cant wait. thanks for your review and pictures!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed your review very much. We will be doing this same cruise in October of this year. Can you tell me how your friends got the bottle of Rum in your cabin when your arrived. I don't see anything like this in the gift selections on line. Thanks for your help.

I enjoyed your review very much. We will be doing this same cruise in October of this year. Can you tell me how your friends got the bottle of Rum in your cabin when your arrived. I don't see anything like this in the gift selections on line. Thanks for your help.

You have to call Bon Voyage services to order booze. It's sent to your room early on sail away. I wish I could remember the # but I know it's posted on one of the 15 million liquor threads :D

OK sorry, Photobucket is virtually worthless on my work's internet.

There were a couple of wedding's held on HMC which I think a certain someone has embedded in their skull that's where she wants to get married. Hey, if it get's me out of wearing a tux, I'm all for it.

cruise2011296.jpg

It was time for a stroll and also a little video of the cabanas and areas which we have right here. It's about 6 or so minutes long but gives a good overall impression of the populated areas of the Cay.

From here we both got a Bahama Mama in the Monkey Head. They were very good and then headed to the buffet for lunch. There was a good selection of food and everything I had was very good.

cruise2011301.jpg

I also stopped by the Captain Morgan bar to refill our drinks and the staff was very entertaining.

cruise2011300.jpg

cruise2011299.jpg

Since it was such a short walk, we took our food back to the cabana for a nice little private meal.

cruise2011298.jpg

Love your review and enjoyed sharing in your special cruise...I can not wait for my next cruise and our first visit to HMC!!

Hi! I found this - someone posted in our current Liberty Roll Call, which was copy/pasted from somewhere else on these boards. You MUST call Bon Voyage, they don't allow online orders (thus why you can't see anything on Carnival's website. Hope this helps! There has been rumors of price increases, but we follow John Heald on FB and his blog, and he's said they don't have "current" plans to increase prices.

Call Bon Voyage (the number is below). They actually have liqour that is not listed below....just ask and they tell you everything they have.

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 ~You have to call to order~not available Online! Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST

They may have other choices, so if you don’t see something you like, ASK

Most bottles are 1 liter in size. Prices may vary & do not include tax.

If you want a receipt you need to ask them to email you one.

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Gosling‘s Black Seal, Appleton Estate VX, Appleton White, Bacardi, Bacardi Limon $40.

Capt Morgan Spiced, Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute, Absolute Citron, Stolichnaya, Skyy, Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, Three Olives, Kettle One $60

Gin:

Beefeater, Sloe Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Tanqueray $55

Whiskeys:

Canadian Club, Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal $55

Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s White Label, Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker Black $70

Glenmorangie (single malt) $70

Bourbon:

Jim Beam $38

Jack Daniels Black $55

Maker’s Mark $60

Tequila:

Margaritaville Gold $40

1800 Resposado $ 55

Salza, Hornitas, Reposado $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Frangelico, Amaretto Di Saronno, Brogans Irish Cream $45

Southern Comfort, Kahula, Galliano $55

Grand Marnier, Chambord, Limoncello, Jagermeister $60

Baileys $65

Brandy

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Courvoisier VSOP $55

Peach Schnapps $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer: Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case. Not sure if they offer all types that they have in the bars, so ask what else they have.

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Bud Light Lime 16oz $6.25

Miller Lite 16oz $5.75

Coors Light 16oz $5.75

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra 16oz $5.75

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice, plus gratuity. Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

Love your review and enjoyed sharing in your special cruise...I can not wait for my next cruise and our first visit to HMC!!

Thanks!!! HMC was wonderful, you'll love it!

First a little background info. Booked the cruise way back in January so it was a looooong wait. It was me (my 4th cruise, 3rd time on the Pride) and my lovely girlfriend, Cassandra (CC screen name ardnassac79) (her 3rd - all on the Pride). We live about half an hour from the port so the Pride is just wicked convenient for us. This was a different itinerary for us which also a nice draw.

We had originally booked an obstructed balcony room (there are a handful of these in between the lifeboats that really aren’t obstructed at all). I received a call from the upsell fairy about a month before the cruise for an extended balcony on deck 7 for a very small fee. I jumped all over it.

We started our roll call thread here on CC on January 23rd, and were so lucky to have such a great and active roll call!! It made the wait so much easier to deal with, and we were excited to meet all the new friends we had gotten to know in the months prior.

I also had a little surprise in store for Cass.

cruise2011433.jpg

I’d been hiding this little beauty at work for the past month. I knew I wanted to propose the first day on the ship but didn’t have a specific time or place in mind, just figured I’d wait for the right moment to present itself.

I was hoping to get a good night’s sleep so I could be well rested for the first day but that went out the window when I woke up at 2:30 and couldn’t fall back asleep. I gave up at 4 and got some last minute gaming in until it was time to get ready.

We had been reading that the ship was docking earlier than our two previous cruises so we decided to risk it and got to the port shortly before 11.

We always sport our jerseys on game day and I tried to convince her that it wasn't a good idea for me to pose while doing driving on 95.

cruise2011001.jpg

Here she is while driving up to the port

cruise2011003.jpg

First was she surprised and second what a beautiful time to do it on a ship. I am thinking about doing this cruise in Aug 19th and on an obstructive balcony like upper level midship.I was wondering do you feel a lot of the ship moving I do get a little dizzy and is this hurricane season .We are from Philly so Baltimore is the best since we don't have to fly.We have 2 kids 17 and 11 and enjoy cruising. I read some reviews that the food and shows are not really good .

First was she surprised and second what a beautiful time to do it on a ship. I am thinking about doing this cruise in Aug 19th and on an obstructive balcony like upper level midship.I was wondering do you feel a lot of the ship moving I do get a little dizzy and is this hurricane season .We are from Philly so Baltimore is the best since we don't have to fly.We have 2 kids 17 and 11 and enjoy cruising. I read some reviews that the food and shows are not really good .

Hi! Our first 2 cruises on the Pride in 2009 and 2010 were bt=oth with obstructed view balconies - we were actually booked for one on this cruise too, but the upsell fairy actually gave us a good deal to be bumped to the extended so we took it. But we always liked our obstructed - you still got a full balcony at a cheaper rate! We always picked one that was "in between" the lifeboats - if you book online you can see when you get to the part to pick your room where they are. I would recommend this, so at least you get a view of the ocean!

As for Hurrican season - all 3 of our Pride trips were at the "end" of hurrican season, so we got lucky. But when the ship is making it's way south in the Atlantic, she does start swaying - I know in 2010 a lot of people that get sea sickness did not enjoy their first day... it's the risk you take anytime you sail in the Atlantic during that time of the year. I would recommend if you do decide to go, look into some form of medication, I know people wear those little dot thingies behind their ears.. but sorry I can't offer more info - luckily neither of us are bothered by the motion of the ocean!

Not having to fly is a BIG plus - the $$ saved alone for not having that expense is why we went on the Pride 3x! We're finally branching out this year, but I'm sure we'll be back on the Pride before too long.

As for the food, we both absolutely loved it. Perhaps others who did not were too picky? Not sure... We didn't do much of the buffet, but the MDR always had great food! And unfortunately we didn't do any shows excpt for the adult comedy. Which was funny, but gets PACKED. Hope this helps!!

We went back to the room and Chris took a nap while I relaxed on the balcony and got a few more shots of this gorgeous port. I would go back in a heartbeat!

In this shot, you can see Margaritaville in the foreground, and I beleive way off in the distance is Round Cay, where we did our snorkeling at.

DSCN1207.JPG

DSCN1208.JPG

Saying goodbye to Jack’s Shack!

DSCN1223.JPG

I am just reading your review - fully enjoying. LOVE these pics!

Archived