Pride Review (9-25 thru 10-2) (GT, HMC, and Freeport) lots of pics

Anung Un Rama

great review. Thanks for the time you both put in to write it. Nice collection of sports jerseys. How does one become a ravens,black kawks and red sox fan?

Red Sox - I liked the Braves as a kid but was heartbroken when they traded Dave Justice. Was out of baseball for a while after the strike but then in 97 fell in love with NOMAR and PEDRO. Re-fell in love with baseball after that.

Blackhawks - never a local sports fan and the Hawks were pretty much the only other team on TV when WGN aired the games back in the day. They are my first love and my one 'true' sports franchise. I suffered through 12 horrible years and was rewarded 2 years ago :D

Ravens- this is easy as I worked for them for a couple years and it's hard not to like guys when you're down on the field with them.

So as promised, I scanned in all the Fun Times and also some other things like the Disembark Information. It's all in PDF format... but when I try to attach them here, it's giving me an error message saying something about a security token. :confused:

Lemme look around the interwebs for an alternative solution!

Alrightie, using GoogleDocs to host :D

Day 1 Fun Times - 9/25/11 - Embarkation

Day 2 Fun Times - 9/26/11 - Day at Sea

Day 3 Fun Times - 9/27/11 - Day at Sea

Day 4 Fun Times - 9/28/11 - Grand Turk

Day 5 Fun Times - 9/29/11 - Half Moon Cay

Day 6 Fun Times - 9/30/11 - Freeport

Day 7 Fun Times - 10/1/11 - Day at Sea

"Good to Know Info"

Room Service Menu (not Breakfast)

Debarkation Info

So there you have it! Please feel free to let me know if these links don't work. But thanks so much for reading our review, hopefully we inspired you to take a trip on the Pride!

• 2 weeks later...
The rooms were ready right around 2:30 and we were already heading there when they made the announcement. Cass had contacted the Player's Club about our last two cruises and we were told that we'd have some sort of Bon Voyage waiting for us. Cass was quite pleased

Contacted the Players Club? So tell, never heard of it before...

Alrightie, using GoogleDocs to host :D

Day 1 Fun Times - 9/25/11 - Embarkation

Day 2 Fun Times - 9/26/11 - Day at Sea

Day 3 Fun Times - 9/27/11 - Day at Sea

Day 4 Fun Times - 9/28/11 - Grand Turk

Day 5 Fun Times - 9/29/11 - Half Moon Cay

Day 6 Fun Times - 9/30/11 - Freeport

Day 7 Fun Times - 10/1/11 - Day at Sea

"Good to Know Info"

Room Service Menu (not Breakfast)

Debarkation Info

So there you have it! Please feel free to let me know if these links don't work. But thanks so much for reading our review, hopefully we inspired you to take a trip on the Pride!

These turned out awesome! Thanks for posting them.

I have to say, I never in my life ever wanted to get married. I just didn't see the point. If you love someone, you love them. But I never imagined I could meet someone who compliments me so perfectly, someone I'd be so happy to call my wife. She's the most amazing person I've ever met and I'm thankful everyday that we both took a chance 3 years ago.

I love you baby!

She is one lucky woman!! What an unbelievably romantic thing to do - and say!! Congrats!!!

Contacted the Players Club? So tell, never heard of it before...

They are in the process of updating the website (http://www.oceanplayersclub.com/) so we emailed them direct at OceanPlayersClubFeedback@carnival.com

I gave them our names and previous sail dates (and maybe some other things, not sure) - they were able to tell us our players club numbers - from there they can see our previous play and answer any questions about any perks we may have available, and we can advise them of our upcoming sailings. I usually contact them about 2 weeks prior to sailing. (be forewarned, last time, I emailed and didn't get anything back for about a week - so I sent a follow up email, and they got right back to me - so don't give up after the first try.

These turned out awesome! Thanks for posting them.

Great! Glad they worked :D

She is one lucky woman!! What an unbelievably romantic thing to do - and say!! Congrats!!!
Yes I am ;) Thank you so much

WOW, now I really really want 354 days to zip by so we can board the Pride! Thanks for the great review and I add my congratulations to everyone elses! (I may have missed it but what is so special about a Ray's barb??)

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not sure other than it's their main source of defense - therefore I stayed away from it!

cruise2011125.jpg

cruise2011128.jpg

I skipped an appetizer tonight since I was having the ribs and know they are filling. Cass started with West Indian Roasted Pumpkin Soup

cruise2011129.jpg

She is just the cutest thing! You two are a beautiful couple! Congrats!

Does she love the pumpkin soup as much as my cousin and I do? My cousin actually found the recipe and made it at home! Has tons of CREAM in it....no wonder!

Congrats again!

Thank you so much for this review and sharing such a special time in your lives with us. Great thing about CC is that you will be able to pull up this review over the years and re-live this wonderful trip and engagement. Congratulations! We look forward to going on the Pride in a few weeks, down the hall from your cabin, and it was wonderful to read your review.

Great review...and we will be in Freeport in December..what excursion is this..may have missed it...if so, sorry! My daughter would love this but I'm always leary of this kind of thing...I will spend the $ if the experience is good...

thanks!!!

When everyone had their turns, the dolphins put on a bit of a show for us as a goodbye.

IMG_2246.JPG

All during this time, I want to point out that the “Dolphin Encounter” was going on in an area behind us, and we kept seeing people looking jealously over at our small group wishing they had picked ours!

(note the jealous on-lookers in the background!)

IMG_2224.JPG

Granted, the Encounter is more suited for smaller children (the Swim has a height requirement) but I’m convinced ours was 1000% better! We also got great t-shirts that said “I got kissed by a dolphin in the Bahamas!”

After all was said and done, we took the boat back to Port Lucaya, this time via the ocean – and was able to get some great pics of this gorgeous coastline.

IMG_2252.JPG

We were also unable to get rid of our perma-smiles for the rest of the day.

IMG_2251.JPG

When we got back, our pictures were ready, and we were given some time to shop before our bus picked us back up to go back to the Pride. Unfortunately, the bus was like 40 minutes late!! Needless to say, we didn’t get back to the ship by 1:30… luckily we were such a large group with both the Swim and Excursion folks, plus it was Carnival-sponsored, so the ship waited for us – whew! (Another reason we like to book through Carnival when we can, even if prices tend to be a bit higher!)

So in he words of BIll and Ted, that was our "Most Excellent" excursion to Freeport in 2009. I will be signing off for the rest of the night, but shall be back tomorrow for the 2010 Catamaran Snorkel and then back to the rest of the current cruise!

Happy Friday Night everyone!

So was this listed in the Fun Times? Do you have to make special or pre arrangements to take this tour?

Yep - it was in the Fun Times for the last sea day, at 3:15. It wasn't heavily advertised, just listed in the daily events, so look closely for it! It was free - just head to the MDR on the 2nd floor.

She is just the cutest thing! You two are a beautiful couple! Congrats!

Does she love the pumpkin soup as much as my cousin and I do? My cousin actually found the recipe and made it at home! Has tons of CREAM in it....no wonder!

Congrats again!

::blush:: thank you! Yeah the Pumpkin soup was amazing! Doesn't surprise me about the cream - that makes any soup taste better!

Thank you so much for this review and sharing such a special time in your lives with us. Great thing about CC is that you will be able to pull up this review over the years and re-live this wonderful trip and engagement. Congratulations! We look forward to going on the Pride in a few weeks, down the hall from your cabin, and it was wonderful to read your review.

Thanks! Have a great vacation!!

Great review...and we will be in Freeport in December..what excursion is this..may have missed it...if so, sorry! My daughter would love this but I'm always leary of this kind of thing...I will spend the $ if the experience is good...

thanks!!!

I would recommend booking it ahead of time (we did through Carnival's website) - it is called "Swim with the Dolphins" and is $180 per person. A bit more pricey than the other one, but it ranks up there as one of the best experiences of my life! There is a height/age requirement (either 55 inches & up or 12 and older), so it's not available to little ones. If your daughter wouldn't be afraid to really swim with them and play around, I highly recommend it!

Awesome review! I just spent my morning at work reading it...oops :P

We are going on the Pride in August 2012 and I can not wait!

The swim with Dolphin you did in Freeport a few years back, do you think it would be good for an 8 year old? Will they give her a life jacket to wear? She can swim but with it being so deep and no where to swim to to rest that she can stand I am concerned. We did an encounter in Jamiaca in March 2011 and SHE LOVED IT, but said "that's it" afterwards. I am thinking this might be a great splurge.

Congrats on your engagement!

Fandidillytastic review ... I loved every word and picture. The Pride was our favorite ship before you guys stole her ... you, you ship stealers. :p

And I agree with you about HMC, it was our new bestest stop when we were there some years back. Sadly our day at the beach was cut short by a horrendous rainstorm after just a few hours.

One thing ... small potatoes ... but in the pic of you in your black dress on the balcony, actually reposted just above this by whendoweleave ... I wondered why you weren't wearing your beautiful ring? I'm sure it wasn't before Chris proposed but I could be wrong.

Thanks again for the review and I wish you both the best for your upcoming wedding.

I would recommend booking it ahead of time (we did through Carnival's website) - it is called "Swim with the Dolphins" and is $180 per person. A bit more pricey than the other one, but it ranks up there as one of the best experiences of my life! There is a height/age requirement (either 55 inches & up or 12 and older), so it's not available to little ones. If your daughter wouldn't be afraid to really swim with them and play around, I highly recommend it!

I showed your review to DW and she's excited to do the same excursion next year on the Pearl but she has two questions- 1) do they furnish wetsuits if needed and 2) do they furnish lifevests if needed? DW doesn't like cold water and isn't a strong swimmer. Thanks!

Thanks!

I went back through the thread and figured it out..thanks for the confirmation. Our daughter is just 11 but bigger than 55" so I think we'll wait another year or so...I'd hate to spend all that $ and she be scared. She's a good swimmer, but in a strange environment, I don't want to take $180x3 risk! lol!

Awesome review! I just spent my morning at work reading it...oops :P

We are going on the Pride in August 2012 and I can not wait!

The swim with Dolphin you did in Freeport a few years back, do you think it would be good for an 8 year old? Will they give her a life jacket to wear? She can swim but with it being so deep and no where to swim to to rest that she can stand I am concerned. We did an encounter in Jamiaca in March 2011 and SHE LOVED IT, but said "that's it" afterwards. I am thinking this might be a great splurge.

Congrats on your engagement!

Hi Andie! I know how you feel about wasting work time on here! :o Unfortunately the Swim with Dolphins has an age/height requirement of either 55 inches or 12 and up... so unless your 8 yr old is exceptionally tall for her age, she probably wouldn't be allowed. I think the youngest person in our group was around 14 (she was actually our picture-taker while we were in the water and did great!). There is a "Dolphin Encounter" at the same place, but as I mentioned in the review, did not seem nearly as intimate, fun, and exciting. They kept looking jealously over at us! Maybe wait a few years, or perhaps if your itinerary includes Nassau, check out the Bahama Threads (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58) as I know they have some Dolphin things at Paradise island that I've heard good things about.

Fandidillytastic review ... I loved every word and picture. The Pride was our favorite ship before you guys stole her ... you, you ship stealers. :p

And I agree with you about HMC, it was our new bestest stop when we were there some years back. Sadly our day at the beach was cut short by a horrendous rainstorm after just a few hours.

One thing ... small potatoes ... but in the pic of you in your black dress on the balcony, actually reposted just above this by whendoweleave ... I wondered why you weren't wearing your beautiful ring? I'm sure it wasn't before Chris proposed but I could be wrong.

Thanks again for the review and I wish you both the best for your upcoming wedding.

Ahhh! Yes, you caught that Eagle Eyes! Yeah, I had taken it off to get shower and get ready for dinner because I had a piece of scotch tape wrapped around the inside of the band to keep it tight (turned out my finger was smaller than he estimated) so I didn't want it to get boogered up by the water - and then forgot to put it back on for pictures!! :eek: I felt so bad when I realized! I'm debating on trying to figure out how to photoshop it in there, but haven't yet :p

I showed your review to DW and she's excited to do the same excursion next year on the Pearl but she has two questions- 1) do they furnish wetsuits if needed and 2) do they furnish lifevests if needed? DW doesn't like cold water and isn't a strong swimmer. Thanks!

They only equipment I remember getting was flippers, which amazingly worked well with minimal effort to keep afloat and keep up with the dolphins. Unfortunately, neither of us can remember if they also offered life vests. I'd like to say yes, but I'm not 100% sure. That Bahama thread I posted above may have some additional info for you!

Thanks!

I went back through the thread and figured it out..thanks for the confirmation. Our daughter is just 11 but bigger than 55" so I think we'll wait another year or so...I'd hate to spend all that $ and she be scared. She's a good swimmer, but in a strange environment, I don't want to take $180x3 risk! lol!

Probably a good idea, but kind of a bummer to wait! I'm sure no matter what you decide, you'll have a great time! Freeport can seem dull to most people, because it's not visitor-friendly in the port... but 20 minutes away is some great stuff to do! Have a fun trip!

Archived