Take a bottle of wine back to your room

KMSpa

Can you purchase a bottle of wine and take it back to room or can you order it through room service?

You can order a bottle (or wine package) for the MDR and bring it back to your stateroom. Sometimes they make you open first in the MDR, but you can essentially take the whole bottle back. I'm not sure if you can purchase a bottle from a bar, but you can most likely purchase one from room service for your stateroom. You can also pre-order it online and have a bottle waiting for you in your room upon arrival.

Not sure why wine is the exception, but it is! Enjoy!

I think they want to avoid people pounding shots of liquor from a purchased bottle (as opposed to buying them individually, which would be more expensive). Few people "pound" glasses of wine out of bottle to save money. :cool:

CB at Sea, are you saying you can buy a bottle of wine in the liquor store on the promenade and you can take it to your room? They don't keep it until the end of the cruise?

RCI sells liquor by the bottle in its general store (I believe). Liquor bottles will be given out at the end of the cruise. I don't think they sell wine in those stores. I'm not sure you can walk up to a bar and buy a bottle of wine either. If you want a bottle for your room, you'd probably have to order it through room service or ask to speak with the wine cellar. I am a strong proponent of pre-ordering and having your wine waiting for you right when you get onboard, but that's just me.

You can order a bottle (or wine package) for the MDR and bring it back to your stateroom. Sometimes they make you open first in the MDR, but you can essentially take the whole bottle back. I'm not sure if you can purchase a bottle from a bar, but you can most likely purchase one from room service for your stateroom. You can also pre-order it online and have a bottle waiting for you in your room upon arrival.

The only thing I would add is that when you order a bottle of wine before the cruise, you need to specify if you want it in the cabin when you arrive, or delivered to you at dinner. I have brought bottles back to the cabin, but they've always been open.

There is nothing like walking in to your new cabin and seeing your wine waiting for you!:)

You can buy a bottle of wine at most (if not all) bars and take it back to your cabin.

M

And you'll get the wine glasses to go with it! We didn't do it, but were sitting in Vintages when a woman came in to buy a bottle. She received the bottle and two glasses. I can't remember if the bottle was opened with the cork stuck back in or unopened.

Don't know about the rest of the fleet, but I know on Freedom we could order wine to be delivered to our room via the interactive TV menu. We've also had tablemates who've had a wine package who would routinely have just a glass or two at dinner and then take the remainder back to their stateroom.

Can you purchase a bottle of wine and take it back to room or can you order it through room service?

We just returned Saturday from cruising on Jewel and purchased the wine package. We were allowed to take an unopened bottle of wine from the dining room to our stateroom on several different nights. Our room steward provided glasses and a wine opener.

Archived