What condition is the Caribbean Princess in?

kl630

Considering a cruise on the Caribbean Princess and wondered if anyone could tell me how she looks? We've sailed on the Emerald and the Crown, and I know that the Caribbean is older, but was refurbished a few years ago. Does the ship show its age? Would you cruise on a newer ship from a comparable line? Any information that anyone has would be appreciated!

I never worry or even notice the "condition" a ship is in. It doesn't matter to me. Repairs and maintenance are done constantly, even with passengers onboard. Painting is done, carpeting is replaced, TV's are replaced, mattresses are replaced, outdoor decks and railings are re-varnished, etc. I don't book a cruise or a ship based on the age or date of last refurbishment. That's meaningless to me.

We sailed on the CB in June and found her to be in fine shape. Crew was great as well. Well, they did have some mechanical issue with one of the generators, but it did not impact our experience. She underwent a big makeover back in 2009 with the addition of the Crown Grill and some other things. I would go back on her again in a heart beat!!

Tim

RE: DRYDOCK mid-NOV -- Been trying to find out what's going to be happening and if any changes or just general "cleanup"?? We're on 3rd cruise after drydock.

Heard in several places this is just general maintainence drydock. As in this thread, seems the old girl is still doing fine.

See you on 12/4 Kay. Am doing b2b 12-4 to 12-18. :)

Doug

RE: DRYDOCK mid-NOV -- Been trying to find out what's going to be happening and if any changes or just general "cleanup"?? We're on 3rd cruise after drydock.

Caribbean Princess has all the recent upgrades, so I would imagine she's just going in for a sprucing up... scraping barnacles, painting, below waterline maintenance, that sort of thing. We were on board in August and she looked great to us.

Archived