Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi ladies' date='[/color']

Hope everyone is doing well....Just wanted to tell you that the black and grey dresses that I bought arrived today....They are really pretty...the fit is perfect. I actually had the dresses made a couple inches shorter as I usually have to take them to be hemmed. These are a perfect fit and length. I really like the black, but I think Drew likes the grey best.

Then to top it all...a dear friend, surprised me with a gift this past week. The cutest black evening bag that had grey and black roses. It's perfect. Thanks, Sis!;)

Well, I like the dress so much, that I'm not sure if I told you ladies that I ordered it in a dark green!:D Yeah, I know....:rolleyes::) Everyone have a good evening.

!C!55Obg!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKioEzUlUcmh8BNFGzcuZ1Q~~0_3.JPG

I am so intrigued with how many dresses you buy . You must either cruise a lot or have an incredible social life ! I do see all the pictures of the Sarasota women dashing off to this or that ball in great dresses .

I am so intrigued with how many dresses you buy . You must either cruise a lot or have an incredible social life ! I do see all the pictures of the Sarasota women dashing off to this or that ball in great dresses .

We cruise quite a bit, and there are times that I have use for dresses with Drew being a musician, but I am far from being a Sarasota social butterfly.:o

Once in a while an evening at the Van Wezel for a function and of course the Honor Guard's Annual Sweetheart Ball is coming up.:) NYE is always a big night for us to dress up. I have to say that I thought Drew was quite handsome in his tux that night..;)..and I didn't even get a photo of us this past NYE! He was on stage all evening, and before I knew it....it was time to leave. Oh well, there is always next year.

I've always been very shy and I'm not really comfortable in large social gatherings. Mostly I just enjoy dressing each evening on a cruise, and spending time with Drew.

As far as all the dresses, I get such wonderful buys on these dresses, they are a little hard to pass up, but I think I may have to start weeding a few from my closet before long. It is beginning to get a bit crowded:rolleyes::)

Hi Sherrie, Love your new dresses. I'm going to have to break down & buy from her again too. Wish she had more "shorter" cocktail dresses tho.

I haven't been on here for awhile. I think I told you my computer got really messed up.

We leave in 18 days for our next cruise & then we gave our kids a cruise for Christmas out of Tampa. I'll get to go shopping with my daughter in-laws to help them pick out "formal wear"! Really looking forward to that, they are both very pretty girls & I love them to death.

Also, in case I didn't say before Happy 2012 to you & everyone here on CC. :) We actually went camping for NYE too, but in a very nice cabin up at Lake Louisa State Park. Went with friends & some of our kids were at the campground too. Lots of food, fun & great company!

Again, love all these dresses. :D

Hi Sherrie, Love your new dresses. I'm going to have to break down & buy from her again too. Wish she had more "shorter" cocktail dresses tho.

I haven't been on here for awhile. I think I told you my computer got really messed up.

We leave in 18 days for our next cruise & then we gave our kids a cruise for Christmas out of Tampa. I'll get to go shopping with my daughter in-laws to help them pick out "formal wear"! Really looking forward to that, they are both very pretty girls & I love them to death.

Also, in case I didn't say before Happy 2012 to you & everyone here on CC. :) We actually went camping for NYE too, but in a very nice cabin up at Lake Louisa State Park. Went with friends & some of our kids were at the campground too. Lots of food, fun & great company!

Again, love all these dresses. :D

Hi Judy,

Good to hear from you...what a wonderful Christmas present for your children. I know they were so thrilled!

I'm not sure, but I would think that they would make the dress in any length you want. I've seen a couple of long dresses that I would love to have in a cocktail length. I think you just have to be specific when giving them measurments. Even if they charged extra it probably wouldn't be very much.

At least not like the surprise I got today!!:eek: I took the red dress over to have it hemmed for the upcoming Sweetheart Ball. It has a very long train, and I really had no intention of taking it off, just hemmed from the front area. She was also going to take the shawl that I ordered and make the dress in to a one shoulder. Usually she charges no more than $30 for most things she has done....well today it was a whopping $90!!!!! For a $10 dress...Oh well, live and learn...time to look for a new alterations lady I think!:D

Have fun on your cruise, and be sure and post some photos when you return.

I too wish she had more cocktail dresses. Duh!:o never thought of asking if they could change them to cocktail length. My brain is not working too well lately. Exhaustion will do that to you.:p

Sherrie-$90!!! You do need a new seamstress. That's ridiculous.

I can't wait to see photos of the new dresses, esp. the black one. You have such wonderful taste in clothes. I live vicariously through you.

From the photo, the fabric looks very flowing. Can't you see yourself walking on deck with Drew?

The weather is so weird here. Sunday, I went out without a coat. Yesterday it was sleeting and snowing for a while and bitter cold.

Ugh! I need the Caribbean!!!:eek:

I too wish she had more cocktail dresses. Duh!:o never thought of asking if they could change them to cocktail length. My brain is not working too well lately. Exhaustion will do that to you.:p

Sherrie-$90!!! You do need a new seamstress. That's ridiculous.

I can't wait to see photos of the new dresses, esp. the black one. You have such wonderful taste in clothes. I live vicariously through you.

From the photo, the fabric looks very flowing. Can't you see yourself walking on deck with Drew?

The weather is so weird here. Sunday, I went out without a coat. Yesterday it was sleeting and snowing for a while and bitter cold.

Ugh! I need the Caribbean!!!:eek:

I love the black and grey dresses and I'm thinking how cute they would be in a cocktail length. You never know, I might just wear them on the next cruise, and then have them cut off and made into a short dress.

I am going to contact the girl that made the jacket for my Anniversary dress. She no longer works at the alterations place that I use, but I was unaware of this. Thankfully I have her home, phone and all contact information for her.

I probably would not have left the dress, but I knew it is only a short time till the Valentine dance, and afraid that if I left there with the dress, that I might not find anyone elst that could do the alterations at this late date.

I have four dresses to alter, but I have pretty much decided that I am not going todo anything to the pink dress. It is made just like my favorite green dress, but it is a rose pink and I'm just not fond of pink in any shade.

The dresses are very flowy and I like that...feels so feminine and romantic, and yes I can hardly wait to walk the promenade with Drew.

If I can, I will try to post a couple of pictures of the new dresses as soon as I can get time to lay them out and photograph them. Maybe tomorrow.

I found this lovely number this last weekend... over 50% off! Love the retro feel of it and it even has pockets... too cute.

Anyway, Christmas Day dinner is NOT a formal night on our upcoming cruise, is this dress still OK to wear to dinner in the MDR? too fru fru?

We will be on Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam if that makes any difference.

xmasphoto.jpg

~Stephanie

I love this dress! I tried it on at White House Black Market a while back and fell in love with it, but since I already had too many dresses I decided to pass. I wish I had gotten it. It looks GREAT on you!

I am trying to decide whether to buy this dress.

It's a Calvin Klein, $200, and I ADORE it, but I have a dozen or more cocktail dresses in the closet at home that I could wear for Elegant Night-- plus a long, slinky formal I REALLY want to wear but am not sure if I should.

What are y'all's opinions on this dress?? You can be honest :) I'm not sure if it's the most flattering on me... but I adore it... just not sure if it's $200 worth of fabulous (though I look at my Hermes Birkins and facepalm even as I type this) :o

photo.jpg.1285121cb1922dba300d4272799dda69.jpg

Edited by RazorbackBelle08

I am trying to decide whether to buy this dress.

It's a Calvin Klein, $200, and I ADORE it, but I have a dozen or more cocktail dresses in the closet at home that I could wear for Elegant Night-- plus a long, slinky formal I REALLY want to wear but am not sure if I should.

What are y'all's opinions on this dress?? You can be honest :) I'm not sure if it's the most flattering on me... but I adore it... just not sure if it's $200 worth of fabulous (though I look at my Hermes Birkins and facepalm even as I type this) :o

I actually saw this dress at Dillard's last week & loved it! I think you look really good in the dress & with silver sandal type heels it would look great. Go for it & just wear it on another night of your cruise (that's what I would do) I would buy it too, but I'm afraid I'd be to cold on the ship & I couldn't figure out what type of "wrap/jacket" to wear with it! :( Anyway, hope this helped. :)

It's taken me off and on all day, but I've finally made it through all 239 posts! What fun it has been! :) LOVED all the dresses. Thanks to everyone who posed and shared. The Mr. & I are taking our first cruise together in July to Alaska. We are really excited about the opportunity to dress up. :D Hopefully, I will find some dresses equally as amazing as Y'all have!

P.S. Drewswife, I'd like to come shop in your closet. You've snagged some incredible finds! Congrats!

Welcome Teacher 91! You will have so much fun on your cruise and fun dressing up!!! I know I do. You don't get many opportunities dressing up for school do you? A few years ago, I suddenly realized I'd started wearing teacher uniforms (jumpers with apples on them, etc...). I was shocked and cleaned them out of my closet and donated them to the Goodwill. And that was before I became a grandmother!;) Now I look forward to feeling like a princess on a cruise.:)

Welcome Teacher 91! You will have so much fun on your cruise and fun dressing up!!! I know I do. You don't get many opportunities dressing up for school do you? A few years ago, I suddenly realized I'd started wearing teacher uniforms (jumpers with apples on them, etc...). I was shocked and cleaned them out of my closet and donated them to the Goodwill. And that was before I became a grandmother!;) Now I look forward to feeling like a princess on a cruise.:)

No, I really don't. In the 20 plus years I've been teaching, school has become even more 'casual' then it used to be. Most days, I wear jeans, sometimes even Yoga pants! :eek: Occasionally I wear a simple dress (more in the hot months) with Yellow box 'flip flops' or sandals. The Mr. has even embraced the dressing up idea and plans to rent the Princess tux! :) We figure the next time he'll be in a tux and I'll be in a nice cocktail/evening dress will be when one of our kids (we have six together) gets married. One already did, but he opted for a very casual elopement with a simple reception, so we didn't even get to get too 'foo-foo' for that! :( Anyway, I've found two dresses (one strapless & one with one shoulder) both black, which is my favorite color, but I'm thinking maybe I need to buy something in a brighter color, since some of the gorgeous gowns in this thread have inspired me! Whatever I decide I'm sure I'll have fun figuring it out! I truly enjoy the research process of trip planning almost as much as I enjoy the actual travel! :)

I'm finally venturing out of the cruise line specific forums and found this one. Love the dress pictures. :)

My problem is that I love buying the photos on the cruise, which means that I already have tons of photos wearing the dresses that are in my closet. So, if I want different pictures on my next cruise, I have to buy new dresses :D

I'm always looking for new websites to find deals. My latest purchase was on ebay and I'm hoping the dress looks good on. Alex Evenings is a brand I've worn in the past, so I'm hoping this one fits the same. If not, it was only $25 including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280800540160?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Teacher 91--I've been teaching over 20 as well. My favorite dresses right now are one shoulder. I'm wearing this one on our next cruise. Bought it on Ebay for $9.99. 1045109512_Chinadress.jpg.063a5beda862e518ef327b34edf0b5a8.jpg

Cruisin K--love your dress! That's so pretty and feminine.

A warm welcome to Cruizin K and Teacher _91,

You do realise, I hope, that once we've got you we never let you go :) - well not until you have posted at least 5 or 6 photos over time for us to see.

(This doesn't apply to you DrewsWife, we could never let you go. :D)

Aww, you guys are all so sweet. I feel like I know so many of you on a personal level even though we have never actually met. I still think all you ladies need to travel to Florida and we will have a big fashion show and tea!:)

I also want to welcome our two newest CC's, Cruizin K and Teacher 91...You ladies will have so much fun on this thread. All the ladies that come here are always so nice and have great fashion advice to share.

Joyce, your story about the "apple jumpers" reminded me of my Biology High School teacher. She collected "apple" pins...all sorts and sizes, and once a year she would wear all her pins to school. She was totally covered with about 200 apple pins. We always looked forward to the closing of the school year as we knew she would come in with all those pins on. She was one of my favorite teachers, what a great lady. She loved teaching, like someone else I know!;):)