Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Have to agree about the cowboy boots. Much as I do think that makes a cute outfit and have seen lots of young women in similar, those boots are a lot of weight. IMHO you'd maybe wear them once and then wish you'd had cute sandals instead for this cruise. Also, I'll bet cute things are seen on the cruise that you'd like to have room for in your suitcase. Do let us know when you get back what all you've found on the cruise, though! You'll have a wonderful time.

We are going to Alaska not to some island to bake in the sun. We will also be spending a week on land so there will be plenty of other chances to wear them. It's still snowing there so I don't think I will even be packing sandles.

Boots and the dress might look cute in Kansas, but you won't be in Kansas on the ship. An outfit like that will look completely out of place.

That might be true but I'm not entering a popularity or a beauty contest on this trip. I will feel and probably look more out of place in the sparkly dress so at least one formal night I will be able to feel like myself instead of pretending to be someone I'm not.

Ok so I had it right in my head.

You must post a picture as I cannot visualise boots and the white dress.

BTW I own three pairs of cowboy boots, and I love boots but not on a cruise for me as it is too darned hot in the Caribbean, and I need to wear tucked down socks with them.

Now I will be wearing them next weekend for sure when I go to see Tim McGraw!

No need to worry about getting hot ... We are going to Alaska

We are going to Alaska not to some island to bake in the sun. We will also be spending a week on land so there will be plenty of other chances to wear them. It's still snowing there so I don't think I will even be packing sandles.

Okay. Thought you were headed for the beaches! You will absolutely love Alaska, especially the time on land. Hope you are going inland quite a ways. Been there three times and would go anytime I get a chance! Envy you going at this young age where you can enjoy everything. You might even decide to move north! :)

Ok I was scratching my head as well but it makes total sense if you are going to Alaska. Being from Texas I can totally picture how that dress will look with the jean jacket and the boots and it should be adorable. Please post a photo when you get back. You might stick out a little bit but there are always other people that will look more out there on your cruise than you will. ;)

My daughter has a cute spaghetti strap mocha/tangerine/ecru crochet dress that she wears short brown boots with. Very cute. In fact, she doesn't really have any other shoes it looks right with.

No luck finding the right red necklace yesterday at Charming Charlies. (Love that store). So, wearing a silver & diamond one instead. They'll look good with the rhinestone sandals. However, I do have a short string of pearls that would totally change the look. Hmmm.:confused:

My daughter came out of the dressing room in a perfect fit zebra stripe ruffled dress. She certainly did not need another one, but it screamed cruise, so she got it. :D;)

No luck finding the right red necklace yesterday at Charming Charlies. (Love that store).

If you can't find something to match at Charming Charlies it probably does not exist! I love just walking into the store -- it is like a giant color wheel!

Thank you Blonde1981 and Suitcasefull, I will let you know how it goes. I will actually be wearing this (white dress/boots/denim jacket) to a weeding the weekend before our trip.

Some act as if I pulled out my barn mucking boots that are caked in manure. I promise these boots have never been in a barn ;)

I am not going there to impress anyone, if someone is pointing and making fun or frowning over what I have on - Oh Well, so be it - they must have nothing better to do. At least if they are picking on me that means they will be leaving some other poor sole alone.

I have the boots packed, might I add that they take up LESS room then my DBF's size 12 dress shoes, maybe he should be the one to wear sandals to save room. :rolleyes:

The white dress with cowboy boots (with heal) and a short denim jacket.

It is the in thing around these parts. I know most of you are thinking that I am a nut case but it really does look cute all together.

I am looking for shoes to go with the sparkley dress.

Ok that would look cute. I thought you were talking about wearing them with the sparkly dress. Enjoy Alaska!

May be appropriate for a weeding... Not so sure about a wedding! LOL

Although they both have weedings and weddings, Long Island has very different styles/tastes from central US; that's one of the things that makes the USA so great.:D

Edited by Suitcasefull

What are cowboy boots? Are they different to normal boots?

For instance, Pushka, I have these ... I love them.

http://www.countryoutfitter.com/products/27480-womens-distressed-tan-red-blue-winged-heart-boots-a1990

I also have these, that I love equally as much if not more!

http://www.cavenders.com/western/women/ladies-boots-shoes/western-round-toe-boots/JUSL3853

I love them with leggings and jeans. Very comfortable!

No chance at all. I will be wearing boots and denim jacket with this one. I am not one to dress up much other than for work everyday. This is more my personality than the other one. Besides that I can wear this one to other events.

here is the link to the other dress. For some reason I can't get the picture to copy over.

Keep in mind this dress is by no means formal but it is cute. :o

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/clearance/juniors-guys/juniors/bisou-bisou-belted-strapless-crochet-maxi-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002700272&catId=cat100210008&deptId=dept20000013&N=100260274&Nao=48&pN=3&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=view+all&dimCombo=Categories%7C&dimComboVal=view+all%7C&currentDim=Categories&currentDimVal=view+all

The dresses with cowboy boots are really popular here in Georgia. I have been to a wedding where the bridesmaids all wore cowboy boots with their short bridesmaids dresses, and the high school girls are wearing them with their prom dresses, short & long and the same style as your dress. I think it is very cute, and you will look great!! Have fun!

Thanks heyitsmejudy. I love the distressed ones but not sure about the first ones. They haven't made it to Australia yet.

I think it's a very feminine look to wear a floaty dress with plain boots. The pattern ones, not so much.

For instance, Pushka, I have these ... I love them.

http://www.countryoutfitter.com/products/27480-womens-distressed-tan-red-blue-winged-heart-boots-a1990

I also have these, that I love equally as much if not more!

http://www.cavenders.com/western/women/ladies-boots-shoes/western-round-toe-boots/JUSL3853

I love them with leggings and jeans. Very comfortable!

I'm so jealous of the first pair! I sign up for a giveaway on fb every week but haven't won yet. I love the cowboy boots that I have, but I've been drooling over embroidered pairs for two years. Someday :)

How did you find the sizing on these? Do you think true to size or not? The website says if you're unsure about the size of them, order a half size up. One reviewer said she was between a 7.5 and an 8 so she ordered an 8 and they are a tad too big.

I love those heart/wing boots! I used to wear cowboy boots to go line dancing 20 yrs ago. I would wear them all night and dance for 2-3 hrs straight. I recently wore the same boots for an event and they felt so uncomfortable whether I was sitting or walking! My shoe size hasn't changed but I guess the shape has!

The dresses with cowboy boots are really popular here in Georgia. I have been to a wedding where the bridesmaids all wore cowboy boots with their short bridesmaids dresses, and the high school girls are wearing them with their prom dresses, short & long and the same style as your dress. I think it is very cute, and you will look great!! Have fun!

Thank you wrcjr98 :p - I thought so too.

May be appropriate for a weeding... Not so sure about a wedding! LOL

I for the life of me couldn't figure out what you were talking about - Weeding? UNTIL I read my own post. :rolleyes: Yes, I am wearing this to a weDDing. lol - I will save the high heals shoes for the weeding so that I can bury them in the dirt, I hate heals! But still looking for a pair to go with the black dress.

How did you find the sizing on these? Do you think true to size or not? The website says if you're unsure about the size of them, order a half size up. One reviewer said she was between a 7.5 and an 8 so she ordered an 8 and they are a tad too big.

I have four pairs of cowboy boots, and two pairs are true to size, one is half size up and the other one size up. Truthfully it is not something I would order online I would want to try them on first.

Now saying that if they are just fashion cowboy boots they will probably be true to size I would imagine but if you choose "real" cowboy boots, imo they run a little small but it depends on the style. One of mine are blue Ostrich and are quite tight across the bridge. http://www.timsboots.com/calbljeosjco.html?kw=calbljeosjco&cmp=froogle&gclid=CNjh_dqHhLcCFUHe4AodmDoAhw

Another two are just leather (pink and lilac) and these are not so tight. I bought them in Sheplers years ago so don't think they are around now. The lilac are really pretty but I can't find a picture.

http://www.sheplers.com/Durango-Pink-Cowboy-Boots/6119.pro

I also have a pair of those shorter style boots (Fat baby's) with more of a square toe, pink suede, bling etc, god what was I thinking about, I can't wear these anywhere without getting them dirty, they are in a box upstairs in the closet somewhere. An impulse buy!

My OH has two pairs of alligator tail cowboy boots and for guys those are true to size but they should be as they cost $$$$! He has had them for ages too but they still look great.

Talking about this has put me in the mood for a new pair, so I may treat myself to a new pair. I do quite like the vintage styles but I am fussy (nothing brown) as we have the Hooters country mega ticket this year so 8 concerts to attend and choosing the outfits for those makes deciding what to wear on a cruise a doddle!!! Luckily we have dozens of western stores around so I feel a shopping trip coming on.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER