Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Growing up my hair was so blonde that it was almost white. Then it started going into what I can only call a "mousy" brown.....I hate it and it makes me, IMO, look washed out....so since it had a very few red highlights in it, I decided to go red....however, because of this, I can't wear my favorite color of red or even some of the pinks...My hair grows so fast, that I end up dying it about every 5 weeks...

I retired last year due to some health problems. Then in Dec my house burnt to the ground. Instead of replacing everything, I decided that I wanted to travel. I bought only what I really needed and a whole lot of clothes that I could have done without (yes, I am ashamed to say....a HUGE wardrobe), and I am now traveling (mostly cruising) and enjoying myself. One of the health problems is that I had a pacemaker put in back in Aug 2011....That kinda woke me up that no one is promised tomorrow and so I decided that I am living for today. My friends get upset with me telling me that I need to save for a rainy day.....my response is, who is to say that I will be here for that rainy day....My small monthly check is enough to pay all my bills with and I am "playing" on the money received when my house burnt

arhillbilly....I just wanted to tell you that I love your attitude and really understand where you are at!:) I had a brush with death a few years back that totally changed my attitude in a lot of different areas and you are right about no one promising you tomorrow. There has been nothing more sobering to me then hearing I was two weeks from death. It totally changed my outlook on life. While I still have a lot of stress and anxiety due to some serious things going on in my life, I decided when I got better that both my husband and I were going to pay more attention to going places. I feel blessed because when my hubby was traveling for his job, I got to go to a few of the more exotic locations with him such as New Zealand....it turned out to be one of my favorite trips!

Live doing what *you* want to do and don't worry about what others think. I love my mom, I really do, but she can be a Debbie Downer. She made a comment to me that flying to New Zealand was *dangerous*. (she really doesn't care for air travel) I told her she has the problem with it, I do not. She was equally as upset when I went back to Europe....she told me that was happy with seeing it on the Discovery Channel. I told her I have to experience it....you can't just compare the Eiffel Tower in a picture to actually seeing (and being on it!) in person! I had a signature on one of my travel pages that said “I just can't be content looking at the world through a keyhole!” and that's a creed I live by. Do what you want and enjoy it! You only get the one chance.....keep loving life!

I have never really gone as formal on formal nights, because I almost feel like I will be overdressed these days?

However, this year, I'm sailing right before Christmas - and wondered if people tend to really dress up more due to the time of the year? Or is "formal night" just not what it used to be?

Thank you everyone!

Edited by wrcjr98

I have never really gone as formal on formal nights, because I almost feel like I will be overdressed these days?

However, this year, I'm sailing right before Christmas - and wondered if people tend to really dress up more due to the time of the year? Or is "formal night" just not what it used to be?

Thank you everyone!

A lot of it depends on which cruiseline you are going on and where you are cruising to.

We will be on MSC, in the Caribbean, for Christmas and they tend to dress a lot more formal that they do on Carnival. The only other cruise line that I have cruised on at Christmas time was Princess and they were on the dressier side with some formals, but mostly short cocktail dresses.

Hope that helps.

Gerry

Thank you everyone!

I think it depends on the cruise line. I have been on 5 different lines and I have seen everything from what I would call "Sunday best" to ball gowns & tuxes on formal night. I am a firm believer to dress however "YOU" want to dress and hold your head high. If you are more overdressed than someone else....who cares....if it makes you feel good....do it

arhillbilly....I just wanted to tell you that I love your attitude and really understand where you are at!:) I had a brush with death a few years back that totally changed my attitude in a lot of different areas and you are right about no one promising you tomorrow. There has been nothing more sobering to me then hearing I was two weeks from death. It totally changed my outlook on life. While I still have a lot of stress and anxiety due to some serious things going on in my life, I decided when I got better that both my husband and I were going to pay more attention to going places. I feel blessed because when my hubby was traveling for his job, I got to go to a few of the more exotic locations with him such as New Zealand....it turned out to be one of my favorite trips!

Live doing what *you* want to do and don't worry about what others think. I love my mom, I really do, but she can be a Debbie Downer. She made a comment to me that flying to New Zealand was *dangerous*. (she really doesn't care for air travel) I told her she has the problem with it, I do not. She was equally as upset when I went back to Europe....she told me that was happy with seeing it on the Discovery Channel. I told her I have to experience it....you can't just compare the Eiffel Tower in a picture to actually seeing (and being on it!) in person! I had a signature on one of my travel pages that said “I just can't be content looking at the world through a keyhole!” and that's a creed I live by. Do what you want and enjoy it! You only get the one chance.....keep loving life!

Thanks. I am glad that you are still among the living....I also "died" back in 2004 and saw the bright light....so yes, I think I have been given another chance and the pacemaker was just a way to make me slow down, stop and smell the roses. I have a motto that I try to live by to keep the stress out of my life...."Why worry? If I could be doing something about whatever it is that I would be worrying about, I would be doing it. Since I can't do anything about it....why worry?"... I am really trying to enjoy myself...I have also been able to help out my friends when they needed some help....as someone said "There are no pockets in a shroud" (or the old saying "you can't take it with you")

Have just ordered this dress. I am so hoping it gets here before Dec 8 (day I leave for birthday cruise).

KGrHqVHJC8E83Ul4flBPVyju4sZQ60_3.gif

Edited by arhillbilly

Thank you everyone!

I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed personally.

Arhillbilly, Do you mind if I ask were you got that gorgeous dress?

Gerry

Thank you all. The dress came from "All About Eve" .....They have a Face Book page and they sell on EBay.... Here is the link to the EBay store

http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstore2.aspx?id=743175&styleid=72

and another link

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/All-About-Eves-Dresses?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

They offer "period gowns" What I really like about it, they accept returns within 7 days of receiving the dress. So if by some chance it doesn't fit, I can send it back. I am a little afraid that it will be to big, but I am hoping with the shirring in the back that it won't be.....

Edited by arhillbilly

Growing up my hair was so blonde that it was almost white. Then it started going into what I can only call a "mousy" brown.....I hate it and it makes me, IMO, look washed out....so since it had a very few red highlights in it, I decided to go red....however, because of this, I can't wear my favorite color of red or even some of the pinks...My hair grows so fast, that I end up dying it about every 5 weeks...

I retired last year due to some health problems. Then in Dec my house burnt to the ground. Instead of replacing everything, I decided that I wanted to travel. I bought only what I really needed and a whole lot of clothes that I could have done without (yes, I am ashamed to say....a HUGE wardrobe), and I am now traveling (mostly cruising) and enjoying myself. One of the health problems is that I had a pacemaker put in back in Aug 2011....That kinda woke me up that no one is promised tomorrow and so I decided that I am living for today. My friends get upset with me telling me that I need to save for a rainy day.....my response is, who is to say that I will be here for that rainy day....My small monthly check is enough to pay all my bills with and I am "playing" on the money received when my house burnt

Oh, bless you. Stuff your friends - you've had your share of rainy days; enjoy the sunny ones. Life is so short, and all we have is what has gone and where we are right now. Years ago in Tasmania we met a wonderful, intriguing man, a very skilled wood carver who produces beautiful objects. He told us that his philosophy is "Life is short and unpredictable. Eat dessert first". Enjoy your dessert. :)

i think it depends on the cruise line. I have been on 5 different lines and i have seen everything from what i would call "sunday best" to ball gowns & tuxes on formal night. I am a firm believer to dress however "you" want to dress and hold your head high. If you are more overdressed than someone else....who cares....if it makes you feel good....do it

thanks. I am glad that you are still among the living....i also "died" back in 2004 and saw the bright light....so yes, i think i have been given another chance and the pacemaker was just a way to make me slow down, stop and smell the roses. i have a motto that i try to live by to keep the stress out of my life...."why worry? If i could be doing something about whatever it is that i would be worrying about, i would be doing it. Since i can't do anything about it....why worry?"... I am really trying to enjoy myself...i have also been able to help out my friends when they needed some help....as someone said "there are no pockets in a shroud" (or the old saying "you can't take it with you")

have just ordered this dress. I am so hoping it gets here before dec 8 (day i leave for birthday cruise).

kgrhqvhjc8e83ul4flbpvyju4szq60_3.gif

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone!

We sailed Carnival last yr in Dec (4 day) and I was surprised to see alot of Women really dressed up like they were, but I think they were doing it for the pictures since alot of them had red on and they were being photographed in front of the christmas scenes. We sail this Sunday and I was hoping to find a red dress (formal) since I always wear black, but havent found anything I liked ,I bought a Gold formal dress. Dh will wear his black suit and a gold tie and out daughter is wearing a black dress

Thank you all for your kind words. I am eating my dessert first.

I am kind of hoping that I will have a very nice formal pic taken on my upcoming cruise that I can use to send out with Christmas cards! If not, no big deal...but I'm definitely having formal pics taken (which I have never done on a cruise before!)

IMO, the best pictures that I have ever had made, came from a cruise ship. I have bought several hundred dollars worth of pictures just since April. When I did the cruise on the Epic in Oct, I did not buy the pictures....they were not "good"....why, you ask....because the photographers were contract and not NCL photographers.....There was a difference and I did not spend the money. Go ahead and have them taken....you DO NOT have to buy them. I have mine taken at every "station" and every night......they recycle the ones not bought so never feel bad about having them made and not buying them.

I'm also starting to build up an elegant night collection of dresses. Nothing too fancy, but suitable for cruising and weddings.

I just bought this one of black lace over hot pink. Got it on sale for $66 and it should pack well. It looks much nicer in person. I didn't even notice it on the web site until I saw it in the store.

cleo_general_apparel_698466911_c_c312617_01.jpg

I'm also starting to build up an elegant night collection of dresses. Nothing too fancy, but suitable for cruising and weddings.

I just bought this one of black lace over hot pink. Got it on sale for $66 and it should pack well. It looks much nicer in person. I didn't even notice it on the web site until I saw it in the store.

A lovely shape, really emphasising an hourglass shape, or creating one where there isn't one even - should look lovely, and I love the hot pink underneath because too much plain black can simply too much.

Hello ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone and try not to get sick. I was sick for three weeks with a bad cold, I was miserable.

A few weeks ago, I was talking aloud that I need to buy a new evening clutch and a cross-body bag. I woke up on Thanksgiving morning and found these on the bed :). I love my husband.

Marie

Not a very good picture.

8224657677_b863e6eae1.jpg

8224657451_9daaaf90a0.jpg

ooooooo! there's a Purse Fairy?!?!?

and here I thought we had to stop hoping to wake up to fairy surprises after we lost all our teeth :rolleyes:

he's a keeper! ;)

Thanks everyone for your help! I found a cream chiffon blouse with a pearl & rhinestone collar, to go with a taupe lace skirt that has a few silver sequins here and there - now I just need to find some of those "nude" color shoes!

That sounds nice, would like to see a piccy of those items.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER