Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

hi , hope every one had a good thanksgiving. did anyone buy a new dress is any of the great sales out there?

Hi, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well:)..nope, no dresses for me,

but I did buy a new condo;):D...does that count?:D

I am being a bit of a lazy bones today. The laundry is going, one daughter is on her way home from work, and the other is on her way to work. I am making leftovers from Thanksgiving for dinner. We will be decorating the tree at around 8:30 tonight, since we all decorated everything else yesterday.

In between all of this, I am just surfing Cruise Critic!

Here are pictures of dresses being worn on my up coming cruises. This first picture is dresses for non formal nights. The red dress will be worn to Chops on Valentine's Day and the others will be worn in the main dining room.

IMG_1363.jpg

Here are the two dresses for formal night, as of now. I love the brown dress, just not my tummy. :( I've been very slowly losing weight, and I don't expect my stomach to look way different in two and half months.

photo.jpg

This is my favorite:

greendress.jpg

I plan on building up to around 4-5 dresses for formal nights so that I can rotate each cruise. Even though I have two right now, I will likely order the 3rd one very shortly, since I have it picked out and don't know how long it will be available.

I know I've posted the picture of the green dress before, and recently, the red one. I thought it would be nice to post the rest just to give you an idea of how the planning is going!

Here are the two dresses for formal night, as of now. I love the brown dress, just not my tummy. :( I've been very slowly losing weight, and I don't expect my stomach to look way different in two and half months.

This is my favorite:

I plan on building up to around 4-5 dresses for formal nights so that I can rotate each cruise. Even though I have two right now, I will likely order the 3rd one very shortly, since I have it picked out and don't know how long it will be available.

I know I've posted the picture of the green dress before, and recently, the red one. I thought it would be nice to post the rest just to give you an idea of how the planning is going!

I love the brown, and the necklace you are wearing with it. I think there is a pattern emerging here, isn't there - the cross over neckline. It is so flattering and feminine. With the very-classy-but-not-formal dresses, the patterned one looks really interesting, and I love the one with the up and down hemline. Great selection.

photo.jpg

This is my favorite:

greendress.jpg

I LOVE the green one....May I ask where you got it?

I ordered that dress from Lightinthebox.com. I loved the fact that you could choose your color, and they have a huge range of sizes. You may also order in a custom size. I went with a standard size, since the measurements were so close to my own.

I have found Lightinthebox o be very reputable, and I love the dress. The brown one is also from there, and I have plans for another order soon.

hi , hope every one had a good thanksgiving. did anyone buy a new dress is any of the great sales out there?

I found a new gown at Macy's on clearance. I used the 25% extra off coupon and there was a little split in the seam so I got another $10 off! I can't find a picture anywhere on the internet.

I ordered that dress from Lightinthebox.com. I loved the fact that you could choose your color, and they have a huge range of sizes. You may also order in a custom size. I went with a standard size, since the measurements were so close to my own.

I have found Lightinthebox o be very reputable, and I love the dress. The brown one is also from there, and I have plans for another order soon.

Thank you....I LOVE this dress and would order it either in dark green or jade....will keep looking...thanks

http://www.lightinthebox.com/sheath--column-square-floor-length-chiffon-evening-dress_p188939.html

Edited by arhillbilly

Thank you....I LOVE this dress and would order it either in dark green or jade....will keep looking...thanks

http://www.lightinthebox.com/sheath--column-square-floor-length-chiffon-evening-dress_p188939.html

Wow, that is a fabulous dress - I'd have it in the red, but I'm a pale blonde person who wears quite a lot of red and orange - but I don't think I'd be comfortable paying that much for a dress without being able to try it on first. I guess I'm not very big on internet clothes shopping. I've picked up a couple of real bargains which are also great dresses, but I think it's such an unknown quantity. I ordered one from Light in the Box which on the model was a lovely full length dress. Now, I'm 5'6", whereas most models are pretty tall. Well, when it turned up it was only about mid-calf, a length which is okay on some styles but on that particular one was just wrong. It was pretty cheap as it was marked down and so it went straight to the op shop. Having said that, it came with a lovely long chiffon scarf which I kept and which looks wonderful with another dress I have.

Wow, long comment. Do let us know if you buy that great dress, and post a photo of yourself in it. I think the jade would be stunning, by the way. :)

Wow, that is a fabulous dress - I'd have it in the red, but I'm a pale blonde person who wears quite a lot of red and orange - but I don't think I'd be comfortable paying that much for a dress without being able to try it on first. I guess I'm not very big on internet clothes shopping. I've picked up a couple of real bargains which are also great dresses, but I think it's such an unknown quantity. I ordered one from Light in the Box which on the model was a lovely full length dress. Now, I'm 5'6", whereas most models are pretty tall. Well, when it turned up it was only about mid-calf, a length which is okay on some styles but on that particular one was just wrong. It was pretty cheap as it was marked down and so it went straight to the op shop. Having said that, it came with a lovely long chiffon scarf which I kept and which looks wonderful with another dress I have.

Wow, long comment. Do let us know if you buy that great dress, and post a photo of yourself in it. I think the jade would be stunning, by the way. :)

I would LOVE it in the red...however, since I dye my hair red, it would clash......The price and not being able to try it on, is my 2 problems also.

After buying so many new dresses at Ross, I really don't "need" anymore clothes......:D.....I will stick with Ross since when I do buy clothes, I can afford them and try them on there

photo.jpg

This is my favorite:

greendress.jpg

You look smashing. The brown dress is my favourite of all of them, short and long, this actually amazes me as brown is my least favourite colour after orange but you look lovely. It suits your hair and skin tone perfectly.

The accessories really set it off too. Sometimes it is the attention to detail that makes an outfit a winner!

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

photo.jpg

This is my favorite:

greendress.jpg

Love it! You look beautiful in both.

M

Hello ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone and try not to get sick. I was sick for three weeks with a bad cold, I was miserable.

A few weeks ago, I was talking aloud that I need to buy a new evening clutch and a cross-body bag. I woke up on Thanksgiving morning and found these on the bed :). I love my husband.

Marie

Not a very good picture.

8224657677_b863e6eae1.jpg

8224657451_9daaaf90a0.jpg

Hi sis! How have you been? Did you go on another cruise? Did you have fun?

xoxoxo

M

Hi...I am doing good. Sorry to hear you have been sick. I did go on another cruise (Oct 21-Nov 3) on the NCL Epic. I flew to Barcelona and cruised back to Miami....Had a GREAT time because I was on a cruise, but did not like the Epic (see my post "My Epic" Wardrobe" for clothes & more detail about cruise)...After spending 3 nights in Miami, flew home sick. It started on the cruise just a couple of days outside of the Azores....have decided that there is something in the ocean along that stretch of water that I must be allergic to...same thing happened in April along that same stretch.

I am booked on another cruise on NCL Star from New Orleans to Costa Maya & Cozumel Mexico, Roatan Honduras, & Belize City, Belize...Cruise is Dec 9-16...will be cruising over my birthday (Dec 13)....After a miserable day Thanksgiving Day, because I was alone, I decided that it wasn't happening on my birthday.

After this one, my next one isn't until April....not sure I can wait that long after taking 5 (this will be the 5th one) since April 2012.

One of these days, I would love to do a world cruise like you do. Will have to hit the power ball to ever afford it since I sail solo....but you never know....

Take care of yourself and I hope this finds you feeling better....HUGS

Edited by arhillbilly

I would LOVE it in the red...however, since I dye my hair red, it would clash......The price and not being able to try it on, is my 2 problems also.

After buying so many new dresses at Ross, I really don't "need" anymore clothes......:D.....I will stick with Ross since when I do buy clothes, I can afford them and try them on there

I hear you re the red hair/red clothes clash. I am the only blonde female in the family - even amongst cousins - as most are redheads of varying shades. A few years ago I decided to have my hair dyed red and I did find myself wearing different colours - got right into various browns, which I had never worn but which I fell in love with - and stayed away from the reds and pinks (which I love). My man adored the red hair, but I decided about two years ago to say goodbye to it and return to my natural colour, and I much prefer it - plus there is no maintenance required, which is great.

Your wardrobe must be huge, though, because you seem to shop, shop, shop - and cruise, cruise, cruise. I take it you don't work. Lucky lady being able to set sail so often. :)

Hello ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone and try not to get sick. I was sick for three weeks with a bad cold, I was miserable.

A few weeks ago, I was talking aloud that I need to buy a new evening clutch and a cross-body bag. I woke up on Thanksgiving morning and found these on the bed :). I love my husband.

Marie

Not a very good picture.

Hi Marie,

So sorry to hear that you have been ill, but better now than when you are cruising the ocean blue. Wow, what a lovely thing to wake up to on Thanksgiving - gorgeous clutch and bag, and what a sweet man.

Have a lovely day .. Bev :)

I hear you re the red hair/red clothes clash. I am the only blonde female in the family - even amongst cousins - as most are redheads of varying shades. A few years ago I decided to have my hair dyed red and I did find myself wearing different colours - got right into various browns, which I had never worn but which I fell in love with - and stayed away from the reds and pinks (which I love). My man adored the red hair, but I decided about two years ago to say goodbye to it and return to my natural colour, and I much prefer it - plus there is no maintenance required, which is great.

Your wardrobe must be huge, though, because you seem to shop, shop, shop - and cruise, cruise, cruise. I take it you don't work. Lucky lady being able to set sail so often. :)

Growing up my hair was so blonde that it was almost white. Then it started going into what I can only call a "mousy" brown.....I hate it and it makes me, IMO, look washed out....so since it had a very few red highlights in it, I decided to go red....however, because of this, I can't wear my favorite color of red or even some of the pinks...My hair grows so fast, that I end up dying it about every 5 weeks...

I retired last year due to some health problems. Then in Dec my house burnt to the ground. Instead of replacing everything, I decided that I wanted to travel. I bought only what I really needed and a whole lot of clothes that I could have done without (yes, I am ashamed to say....a HUGE wardrobe), and I am now traveling (mostly cruising) and enjoying myself. One of the health problems is that I had a pacemaker put in back in Aug 2011....That kinda woke me up that no one is promised tomorrow and so I decided that I am living for today. My friends get upset with me telling me that I need to save for a rainy day.....my response is, who is to say that I will be here for that rainy day....My small monthly check is enough to pay all my bills with and I am "playing" on the money received when my house burnt

Edited by arhillbilly