Switch from JS 1602 on Serenade to D2 9256?

sr4mjc

Would you give up 1602 if you could change to 9256 ? I'm on a wait list for 9256 and recently snagged 1602. There is a pretty big price difference between these two, about $900. If I get the chance to change to 9256 will I regret it? Or is this a good money savings?

Thanks in advance!

I would take the price drop and change cabins. You will loose cabin size and extra days but $900 is a big chunk of change. Are there any other aft D2's open?

Unfortunately not. I actually see 9256 come up when I type it in, but when I called RCCL to ask about it, they said it's on hold for a wait list and then added me to the wait list next, if that person doesn't take it. I'm assuming they only wait 24 hours, so I should make up my mind now.

Keeping 1602 would put us at Emerald completing that cruise, but I don't think that's a enough reason not to make the switch given the big price difference, lol. I can stay Platinum one more cruise.

Can't compare the two, but loved, loved 9256 on Brilliance! Take the $900 and run if given the opportunity.

I would also take the $900 and enjoy 9256 which is a great aft location. I've had JS 1100 right above it on the Radiance. Other than the difference in s.f., no tub or walk-in closet in 9256, both are awesome staterooms. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to book 9256 instead of the JS, both are coveted. :)

We did the switch a few years ago on the Radiance and never regretted it. The room was nice. We recently did a B2B for 14 days in the same cabin and never felt crowded. Take the money and do another cruise if you want to get more sea days.

OP Update: Looks like whoever had 9256 on hold got it, but 1104 is now available. Would you switch from 1602 for 1104 given the price?

Check out post #2 on this thread, two great photos of the aft on the Radiance class of ship. Given a choice, I'd book 9256 over 1104, but to save $900 I'd be fine with 1104 instead of 1602. Both have the same basic view, and if you aren't 'spoiled' by a previous JS and the s.f., etc., I'd be good with it (and the $900 in my pocket).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1412240&highlight=aft+photo+of+radiance

OP Update: Looks like whoever had 9256 on hold got it, but 1104 is now available. Would you switch from 1602 for 1104 given the price?

Probably not. I love the extra space in the JS, and I like having the sofa by the balcony - on Radiance class, the beds in in the D cabins are by the balcony. And even though 1602 isn't on the corner, it has a great balcony with some nice starboard views.

Probably not. I love the extra space in the JS, and I like having the sofa by the balcony - on Radiance class, the beds in in the D cabins are by the balcony. And even though 1602 isn't on the corner, it has a great balcony with some nice starboard views.

I'm ok with that, we just got off the Allure and Oasis the last two cruises with the bed by the balcony. But looking at the 1104 pics I could find, DH says it looks a little like blinders on a horse. I want to save the money, he wants to keep 1602. I'm still thinking about it.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2112668850069887658gVSTFh

ETA: Critterchick - I think some of the photos I found of 1602 were yours aren't they? Gorgeous!

Stay in 1602. The cabin is larger than 1104. You also get 1 extra cruise credit and 1602 has a shower. The size of the balcony is HUGE! :)

Seeing is believing...start at the 3:00 minute mark....

BILL

If we booked a JS - aft or not - there is no way that we would downgrade ourselves and go to a Cat. D. Been in an aft and didn't think it was all that it is cracked up to be. Of course, we prefer to sit out up on deck and not sun on the balcony. We would be spending more time in our larger room and bathroom than the balcony, anyway.

Stay in 1602. The cabin is larger than 1104. You also get 1 extra cruise credit and 1602 has a shower. The size of the balcony is HUGE! :)

Seeing is believing...start at the 3:00 minute mark....

BILL

Thanks Bill! :)

I'm ok with that, we just got off the Allure and Oasis the last two cruises with the bed by the balcony. But looking at the 1104 pics I could find, DH says it looks a little like blinders on a horse. I want to save the money, he wants to keep 1602. I'm still thinking about it.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2112668850069887658gVSTFh

ETA: Critterchick - I think some of the photos I found of 1602 were yours aren't they? Gorgeous!

I did post pics of 1602. We have

it in an upcoming cruise. Booked it instead of 1100 for the extra overhang from above.

I did post pics of 1602. We have

it in an upcoming cruise. Booked it instead of 1100 for the extra overhang from above.

Jean...

I agree with you! Whenever I have a choice between 1602 and 1100, I'll take 1602; I prefer the balcony!:):)

BILL

Jean...

I agree with you! Whenever I have a choice between 1602 and 1100, I'll take 1602; I prefer the balcony!:):)

BILL

I have 1100 booked out of Tampa in Nov 2012. I live in Tampa, saw it and grabbed it. Don't make me second guess that one too! 1104 is still open and taunting me for the Feb cruise. Damn my affinity for wanting nice things, it messes with logic. DH is really the one who doesn't want me to move it though, lol . :D

I have 1100 booked out of Tampa in Nov 2012. I live in Tampa, saw it and grabbed it. Don't make me second guess that one too! 1104 is still open and taunting me for the Feb cruise. Damn my affinity for wanting nice things, it messes with logic. DH is really the one who doesn't want me to move it though, lol . :D

First...1104 is a smaller cabin and small balcony than either 1100 or 1602.

Second, you can not go wrong with either 1602 or 1100, both are spectacular cabins. You need to experience both and then form your own opinion...:):)

Third...a cruise in any cabin, is better than no cruise at all!:D

BILL

Archived