Bus to Baby Beach?

cerros

Last time we were in Aruba, we rented a car for the day and drove to Baby Beach. Sorry, can't remember the actual cost but it wasn't much different than a taxi there and back. We also drove around the island after visiting Baby Beach and did some sightseeing! Love Aruba!

• 3 weeks later...

San Nicolas is a shady area, full of brothels and bars. I wouldn't want to do that. You couldn't walk to baby beach from there. I don't know about taxis from there. There are prettier beaches than baby beach, and also some other good snorkeling areas.

Edited by Hatteras51

No way could you walk from St Nicholas (we like to stop in this town for a beer and snack) to Baby Beach on a port day. For those who want to go to Baby we think the best way is to simply rent a car for the day which will cost you no more (probably less) then using a taxi. With the car you will have the flexibility to do several things...and Aruba is an easy island for driving. As to snorkeling (if that is why you want to go to Baby) we personally prefer the reef that lays off the coast near Arashi Beach (this is accessible by local bus).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

No way could you walk from St Nicholas (we like to stop in this town for a beer and snack) to Baby Beach on a port day. For those who want to go to Baby we think the best way is to simply rent a car for the day which will cost you no more (probably less) then using a taxi. With the car you will have the flexibility to do several things...and Aruba is an easy island for driving. As to snorkeling (if that is why you want to go to Baby) we personally prefer the reef that lays off the coast near Arashi Beach (this is accessible by local bus).

Hank

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

I should have been more explicit and mentioned that its a little over 4 miles from St Nicholas (can be 5 depending on your starting point) to Baby Beach. For most walkers this would take nearly an hour (each way) which is not how most cruisers would choose to spend their limited time on the island. This is a walk we would do when we are staying on the island although there is never a reason since we have a car.

Hank

I should have been more explicit and mentioned that its a little over 4 miles from St Nicholas (can be 5 depending on your starting point) to Baby Beach.
Wear a hat, plenty of sunscreen and drink lots of water!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Found out last week that when you change buses in San Nicolas you will actually be traveling from the SN station to Baby Beach in a brand new VAN. :)

Hi Lisa

Is this doable from a Cruise ship time-wise?

It looks like it's a 45 minute bus ride from SN station to Baby Beach plus the time from Oranjestad to SN.

Is Baby Beach a lot nicer than Eagle Beach?

Thanks!!!!!

If you have all day, then Baby Beach is doable.

"Favorite" beach is subjective and depends a lot upon what you are looking for.

Eagle Beach has long been portrayed as a quiet beach on this forum.

I have to say that it was pretty crowded when we were there last week. So much so that people were leaving and going to Palm Beach.

There is a bit more info at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920258

The least crowded beaches last week were Rodgers Beach and Boca Grandi. People complain about Rodgers Beach because you can see the closed refinery at the one end.

I will post some photos as soon as I have the time.

Thanks Lisa!

We're in Aruba on a Tuesday and we are the only ship in port that day,

So I only have to worry about the 3,000 ( :eek: ) people on the ship with us.

We've gone to Eagle Beach for years but every year it gets more crowded. :(

Leaving Eagle to go to Palm seems like leaving the frying pan to jump into the fire.