Shore excursions and OAB

janice2348

I am finding alot of great info on these boards. Here's a question:

If you go on shore excursions through the cruise line do they stop for "pee" breaks? I am not booked yet, but most likely going on the Pride to Bermuda or Bahamas in April 2012. Can you ask them to stop? I have a guide for the Bahamas that says what beaches have facilities. But nothing for Bermuda yet.

Thanks in advance. :)

Depends on where you go and what you're doing.....longer ones certainly will have potty breaks.

Beach days usually don't require excursions at all...most are quite easy to get to and from on your own. A guidebook (or online research) will tell you which beaches have what facilities....bathrooms, rentals, food/drink, etc...

I can't recall anyone ever having to ask for a break, but every excursion I have been on has had some sort of facilities where the offical excursion took place. The excursions that required tons of driving stopped periodically to let people stretch their legs, use the restroom...etc..

If there is an issue, feel free to tell the guide to stop, but they normally will tell you how much driving you will be doing, when the next restroom stop will happen...etc... If its a short drive between point A to point B though there most likely won't be a need to stop since most will use the restroom before leaving each point...

Sure, you can ask them to stop, but where? If you are lucky, there will be bushes... and everybody will be staring at you when you're back :)

I never took a tour to a beach, but the tours to see something, to learn something, have stops with some sort of toilet facilities.

Why do you need a facility at the beach? Can't you go in water and pretend to swim? :D

Sure, you can ask them to stop, but where? If you are lucky, there will be bushes... and everybody will be staring at you when you're back :)

I never took a tour to a beach, but the tours to see something, to learn something, have stops with some sort of toilet facilities.

Why do you need a facility at the beach? Can't you go in water and pretend to swim? :D

Not if the water is cold :D

Can i also check if we book the shore excursions with RCI, normally they do not provide lunch right?

If lunch is provided, it should say somewhere in the description of the excursion. However, many excursions may provide a light snack (it will tell you in the description) or there may be a place to purchase food once you get to your destination. It all varies by excursion.

They will usually tell you when a meal or snack is included in the shore excursion description. I've found that lunch is typically included in an all day excursion, but not in the half day ones.

They have well timed potty breaks and they will tell you how long between stops. Be warned though if you are on a large bus the bathrooms can get busy fast.

They will usually tell you when a meal or snack is included in the shore excursion description. I've found that lunch is typically included in an all day excursion, but not in the half day ones.

They have well timed potty breaks and they will tell you how long between stops. Be warned though if you are on a large bus the bathrooms can get busy fast.

Can i know roughly how much $ to bring for shore excursions (family of 4)? Not really sure how much does a meal cost...plus souvenirs...We'll be going for a 7N St Petersburg cruise...

Can i know roughly how much $ to bring for shore excursions (family of 4)? Not really sure how much does a meal cost...plus souvenirs...We'll be going for a 7N St Petersburg cruise...

It really varies. I've never been on a St Petersburg cruise and have no idea how much food and souvenirs cost in that part of the world. You can probably get answers on the cruise critic roll call for your cruise and on the ports section of cruise critic. I suggest posting this question on your roll call and more specific questions for each port on the port threads.

Archived