Last payment date

yitao

we booked our Jan 2012 cruise, the last payment date on RCL's website shows as Nov 7, and my TA's confirmation email said it is Nov 21, which I should I use, if the TA made a mistake and if I want to cancel my booking or change after Nov 01, could I still do so without any penalty?

Thanks !

Thanks for the quick reply, I have double checked with them, and they say Nov 21 is the final date, I mean if I need the change after Nov 07 which passed the cruise line last payment date, not the TA's date, could I still do so without any penalty?

I would go by the date listed on my Booking Confirmation from Royal Caribbean. Your TA may be calculating the dates and got it wrong by 2 weeks.....

Remember Royal Caribbean determines the final payment date not the TA:)

: If I have to cancel my cruise, will I get a refund? s.gif A: You will get a full refund if you notify us at least 75 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Consult the chart below to determine cancellation charges applicable later.

Note: No refunds will be made if you do not show up for your cruise or if you interrupt or cancel your vacation once it has begun.

When calculating the days prior to sailing, the day of sailing should not be considered as one of the days. The day of sailing is considered the first day of the cruise, therefore, the penalty period will commence one day prior to the day of sailing.

The cancellation policy applies when reserving with our US Office only. Guests should contact their local Royal Caribbean International Office or Travel Agent for full details of applicable cancellation policies.

Effective August 1, 2010, new reservations will fall under the following cancellation schedule:

Cruise Length

Days to Departure

Charges Per Person

1 - 5 Nights

60+ No charges

59-43 Deposit amount

42-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

6 Nights or longer

75+ No charges

74-57 Deposit amount

56-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

Another thing,groups pay before individual reservations..........perhaps your TA put you in a group,but is going by the date due for individuals...........BUT RCCL is looking at that group date for payment:confused:

does your confirmation have just one booking number on the top or two?? Like this---> 123456(GROUP ID 654321)

RCL's final payment date 90 days before the sailing, right? then it should be Nov 07, for Nov 21, it 75 days before the sailing.

No,75 days for a cruise 6 nts or longer...........60 days for shorter cruises

90 days is for holiday cruises.

RCL's final payment date 90 days before the sailing, right? then it should be Nov 07, for Nov 21, it 75 days before the sailing.

No,75 days for a cruise 6 nts or longer...........60 days for shorter cruises

90 days is for holiday cruises.

So, yours is 75 days and the correct day is November 21.

we booked our Jan 2012 cruise, the last payment date on RCL's website shows as Nov 7, and my TA's confirmation email said it is Nov 21, which I should I use, if the TA made a mistake and if I want to cancel my booking or change after Nov 01, could I still do so without any penalty?

Thanks !

My cruise departs on 1/27/2012; my TA reservation confirmation says final balance is due 11/8/2011. I think they give themselves a few extra days more than the required 75 in case there's any problems with my credit card, which there shouldn't be!

If your TA forwarded the Booking Confirmation that RCI sends them, the final payment date is printed in green about halfway down the first page. If your TA doesn't automatically forward that document, ask them for it (it's a pdf, and it is emailed to the TA as soon as the booking is made, so there should be no problem with them forwarding it). If they won't send it to you, I'd consider changing TA's for future cruise bookings.

Archived