HAL in New Orleans or Galveston

airlink diva

I would not say never. There will be a very large Princess ship out of Galveston next winter. So Carnival does like those ports.

Certainly never say never but Princess was in Galveston for several years once before and pulled out. Hadn't seen that they were coming back but not interested in them so I don't track their deployments. I think NCL was there, maybe actually Houston but that's pretty much the same, and pulled out. I would definitely consider a HAL cruise for the right itinerary.

I would love for HAL to offer sailing from New Orleans, even if it was just for one or two months a year.

Any hope you think???

The last I heard, and admittedly it was over a year ago that there was any talk, was that HAL had right of first refusal for exclusive use of a proposed Poland Avenue Terminal in New Orleans, once the US Navy vacates the Port of Embarkation buildings there. There was also talk of HAL offering unusual Caribbean itineraries out of NOLA -- longer Southern Caribbean itineraries or partial Canal transits.

I would not hold my breath, but I also do not see it as a pipe-dream either. Being a native New Orleanian, I know how long these things can take, and I don't see anything in the next 5 years, but I could be wrong.

I would love to sail HAL down the River. It's such a lovely cruise.

The last I heard, and admittedly it was over a year ago that there was any talk, was that HAL had right of first refusal for exclusive use of a proposed Poland Avenue Terminal in New Orleans, once the US Navy vacates the Port of Embarkation buildings there. There was also talk of HAL offering unusual Caribbean itineraries out of NOLA -- longer Southern Caribbean itineraries or partial Canal transits.

I would not hold my breath, but I also do not see it as a pipe-dream either. Being a native New Orleanian, I know how long these things can take, and I don't see anything in the next 5 years, but I could be wrong.

I would love to sail HAL down the River. It's such a lovely cruise.

If this was the case with those Itineraries I would definitely consider HAL from NOLA and the 7 hour drive from Alabama:D

Archived