Combination Aerial Tram Zipline trip advice

ucanttaketheboy

For our up and coming cruise stop in St Lucia we would like to combine a trip on the Aerial Tram and Zipling. Know that you combine both of these at the one site. There is also a seperate zipline trip I've seen which is somewhere else which also combines a visit to Errand Falls (Dennery) in the itinerary. Prefer to use an independent tour company rather than the cruise ship offering.

I'd much appreciate any advice, opinion that you may have from personnel experience.

Thanks in advance

Not sure what it is you want to know - you seem to already know there are separate zipline places with different experiences. Yes, there are several ziplining areas/companies on the island - 3, to be exact. One in the north with the arial tram and ziplining. One in Dennery with ziplines, mountain biking and Errand Falls. And one in Soufriere with shorter lines, but amazing views of the Pitons. They all offer different experiences. For sheer adrenaline and long lines, & waterfall, etc. Dennery would be the place to go. About an hour each way from the port. Treetop Adventures/Palm Services is the company.

For the tram ride over the rainforest, along with ziplining, Ranforest Skyrides is the place, about 30 or so minutes from the port.

For Soufriere, the Pitons, ziplines and plantation tour- Morne Coubaril/St. Lucia Ziplining is the place to go.

All 3 can be booked independent from the ship tours. If they don't provide tranport (although I am 90% certain at least Dennery does), taxis are readily available and know where each place is and will give knowledgeable info about the island on your way to either place.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply and the useful information you have provided.

What I was really looking for was if anyone could compare the two experiences of combining the aerial tram and Zipline at that location with the Zipline at Dennery, which looks as if it may be the better Zipline.

I think our preference would be the Aerial tram and Zipline to give us better insight to what goes on in the Rainforest canopy and then the thrill of Zipline. Not having Ziplined I'm guessing that you won't get an insight to the canopy in the same way as with the tram. Hence our preference is probably for a combination of the two.

My other query really is that if we go for combination, does anyone know of an independant that could arrange this for us? I don't seem able to find someone that does this apart from someone that we toured St Lucia with last year. Have emailed him, but I don't seem to be getting a reply. Understand we could book the tram and Zipline combo direct but would need to find transport from port to their base. Fine could use a taxi, but have no experience in this area and would prefer to do it with some that comes with a recommendation. Our Cruise Ship only appears to offer these seperatly.

You will learn some about the rainforest at the lines in Dennery, you can also combine it with the rainforest hike/walk to Errand Falls for a swim under the waterfall.

As for the Rainforest Skyrides/Ariel tram, I believe they have a contract with the cruise ship passnegers that require ship passengers to book through the ship - there have been reports of ship guests that booked independently and then were turned away as they didn't come on the ship tour. Also, on their website - they specifically say:

Important note for all cruise ship passengers:

If you are visiting via cruise ship these tours are not available online, please contact the cruise line directly to book activity tickets.

You can check it out here - and contact them direct to find out for sure:

rainforestadventure dot com/tickets

May be worth knowing before you set your heart on booking independent.

Either way, enjoy your visit!

Thanks once again for your input Reedprincess. You have certainly given me something to think about. Wonder if having to book through the cruiseline is the reason I haven't heard back yet from the tour operator I contacted. If we do need to book through the cruiseline then this may sway our decision as they only offer one or the other not both together.

I'm sure we will enjoy our day on St Lucia whatever we decide to do, as we did last year when we did an island tour. Met some interesting people and saw some lovely places.

• 1 year later...
Thanks once again for your input Reedprincess. You have certainly given me something to think about. Wonder if having to book through the cruiseline is the reason I haven't heard back yet from the tour operator I contacted. If we do need to book through the cruiseline then this may sway our decision as they only offer one or the other not both together.

I'm sure we will enjoy our day on St Lucia whatever we decide to do, as we did last year when we did an island tour. Met some interesting people and saw some lovely places.

What did you decide to do? I am curious because I am having the same concerns right now: I want to do the aerial tram/zipline. It will be my first time on a zipline. Thanks.

Archived