? re: Antigua and Tortola...

MamaParrotHead

We had really rough seas sailing into Tortola, but it was very calm when we docked. Tours to the Baths were cancelled, but we had booked with a private catamaran and made it with no problems. And as others stated, both are piers.

Tortola is a great stop , My favorite port to go to. We had no excurissions

planed , There are open air tours busses outside the gate , $20.00 per person , about a 3 hr tour we saw the whole island , stopped at a beach,went to the mountian top restraunt , Had a great time

We rode with Greg's tour Co

We walked outside the gate on Tortola and crammed into a van, 10 of us from the ship. It was our first time to this port so being with others from the ship was a comfort. They took us to a beach I cant remembr how much but at the beach it was $10 for 2 chairs, right on the water and there were rest/bar/shops right behind. The beach was full of cruisers.

Antigua, we docked right at the pier where all the tourist crap is. We booked a snorkel/catamaran exc thru the ship, it was right there for us.

I dont like booking thru the ship but it was our first time to Antigua. When we returned, we walked thru all the shops, they are all right there.

Cindy

Both are pier (not tender) ports, right? So there wouldn't be any issues with weather and not being able to dock, correct? Just wondering if there's need for a "Plan B". Thanks!

Tortola can be either. I have tendered and docked there. It depends on how many ships are there, Carnival does not have first rights to the dock at Tortola.

Archived