Football games on ships

You might be able to get the game on. On Oasis last year there were a lot of people who wanted to watch the game and they actually showed it on the jumbo tron near the rear of the ship. It was great to watch the game. People actually brought their jerseys and everything. There will be a lot of football fans onboard who will inquire about where to watch the game. Hopefully you will be able to see it.

You might be able to get the game on. On Oasis last year there were a lot of people who wanted to watch the game and they actually showed it on the jumbo tron near the rear of the ship. It was great to watch the game. People actually brought their jerseys and everything. There will be a lot of football fans onboard who will inquire about where to watch the game. Hopefully you will be able to see it.

Thanks

You should. I always sail Nov and Dec, and seen lots of games on the ships. The truth is, they can get any channel they want. The problem is the black out rules and international waters. That is why we watch ESPN international on the ship. I was on a cruise, And a buddy was calling the front desk the night before. To get the Buckeyes game on tv. He did not see it listed in the compass. I was laughing at him :D. I was telling him, That game wont be on. He went to the sports bar on the ship next day, and that game was on. :rolleyes:

Maybe...maybe not....they do show A LOT of soccer, but it will depend on which channel the game is one and whether the satelitte can pick it up. Record it at home, just in case!!!!

I believe the OP is talking about the NBC Sunday night NFL game and it should be available on most RCI ships that are sailing in the Caribbean. We have always seen the national CBS and Fox games on Sundays, the NBC Sunday night game, and the Monday night game on ESPN. If it is available on the TVs in any of the lounges onboard the ship, you will also be able to see it on your stateroom TV. On our recent TA on Jewel we did not have satellite reception that offered the NFL games for the first week of the season but that seems to have been the exception that proves the rule.:)

My DH is football and GB Packer crazy and we normally would sail during the playoffs. Needless to say there was a lot of complaining going on, but he got over it quickly. Now I try to hold off until late Feb before cruising. The ships are getting better at showing the football games. Even if his game is not showing he can still see the scores and catch up on the action during half time.

We'll be cruising durring the big game... the superbowl. It also falls on what is traditionally the first formal night of the cruise and my birthday. :p Hopefully the ship will change the formal nights to the 2nd and 3rd day at sea that week instead of the 1st and 2nd.

Archived