Half moon cay in January

majosa

Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could tell me how the weather is in January at Half moon cay? When i looked at the general weather it stated mid 60's to 70's. But for those that have been there during the 2nd week of January we are wondering if it will be too cold to swim? Thank you for helping! Have a wonderful evening!:)

Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could tell me how the weather is in January at Half moon cay? When i looked at the general weather it stated mid 60's to 70's. But for those that have been there during the 2nd week of January we are wondering if it will be too cold to swim? Thank you for helping! Have a wonderful evening!:)

We was there Jan. 2010 and it was great. It was nice and warm, the water was nice as well very clear and blue. White sandy beaches, it was just beautiful, it was the highlight of our cruise. I would say it was in the 70's to 80's. Enjoy your cruise!

It might be too chillly to spend alot of time in the water, but it should be nice enough to lie out without NEEDING to get wet.

The Bahamas temps (and HMC is part of the Bahamas) is about the temp. of Fl.....cold fronts can affect it!)

Was there in week 2 of January 2011 and the water wasn't that bad. You get a little shocked when you first get into the water, but then your body acclimates to it. I believe the air temp was mid 80s.

We were just there (Sept 29) and the water felt cold at first, but warmed up by the afternoon.

Thank you all so much for answering my questions. I am looking forward to going to Half moon cay! I think we might just sun on the beach till around noon then check the water. But maybe i will get lucky and it will be in the 80's!

We went on a cruise in mid January, the weather was nice like others have said around 70s, but, the water was ice cold. We saw others swimming in the ocean but we put one toe in :eek: and said forget that. But, being from Florida if it gets below 70 outside and I am freezing LOL

We cruised 2nd week of January this year. For us, weather wasn't too nice. Coolest cruise I have ever been on. To be honest, probably wont cruise again that time of year. I like to go in Spring and Fall when the weather is blazing hot. But, that is just me as I like it HOT.

I personally LOVE sailing in January, you are guaranteed that you won't be faced with any 110 degree days haha. Though it is the luck of the draw whether you will get 80 degree weather or 65 degree weather. I've been lucky on most of my trips, but I've had cool days here and there where I couldn't swim too.

We have gone to both Half Moon Caye and Princess Caye in January and in February, both times it was a bit more windy than in September and the water took a couple of minutes to get use to but it was not really cold.

We live in Massachusetts, so the water in the ocean here normally doesn't get above 65 so it was nice.

We were there in january of this year. The water was too cold. we went in up to our knees for a little bit but had to get out. We couldn't get use to it being that cold. The temperatures were nice but that water was freezing. Also when we were close to Florida on our sea days the temps were cold. We were freezing in our room. But.... we still had a blast.... btw we sailed 1/8/11

Archived