Sail from UK and end up in Rome?

SailingGrace

Is this possible? Found may cruise lines that sail from Rome area and end up in the UK....but I need it the other way around.

Wanting a London/Paris/Rome trip- but a cruise. (additional ports of call would be great but I have to get my daughter to London, Paris, and Rome...even if just for an excursion)

Thanks everyone!

I'd say you'll have difficulty doing all three places on a cruise. Should be no great problem getting a cruise that includes Civitavecchia (this is the port nearly all the ships use for Rome) - Celebrity, Carnival, RCI, MSC, HAL, loads of them take in this port. Some of these sail from Southampton, so you could fly to London and travel to Southampto , which would take in two places on your list, and you might be able to get a cruise that takes in Le Havre, which is the port for Paris. There is one cruise that takes in all three of these ports, on the Grand Princess, but it departs from Cadiz.

The thing is, none of these ports are particularly near the cities they're 'for'. Southampton's about 61 miles from London and the train takes about 80 minutes, Civitavecchia to Rome is about 40 miles, but the train time is about the same, and Le Havre to Paris is about 110 miles or 2-2.5 hours by train. So it's a lot of travelling with very little time in each city.

Only Rome is a cruise excursion port even then 1hr+ on the train each way, Paris is too far from the sea(too much travel time no time in paris) and London(ports, dover, southampton) are very rare as a stop usualy embarkation.

I would look at flying in/out of Paris/London.

There is a good train service between the two.

Plenty of round trips from UK that include Rome, 14nights min though so you are looking at 3 weeks with flight an pre/post cruise stays.

Which Rome are a to london cruises have you found? did not think there were any

Archived