Adult Cruises

suzantn

Does Carnival have a cruise ship that is all adult? We love kids but we cruise without kids and we like it that way. We would love to cruise on an all adult cruise but i want to investigate it first. we also don't want to be on a ship made up mostly of swingers. LOL I think I would rather cruise with kids. LOL

Thanks,

Suzanne

There are non swinger chartered cruises, that are adults only, but you will be paying a premium.

No adults only ships. But if you cruise between October and February you will not have a lot of children, except during the holiday cruises.

We hardly see a child when we cruise in September/ October, or in Feb.

Happy Sailing!! Carole

The OP just got off an October cruise :)

Does Carnival have a cruise ship that is all adult? We love kids but we cruise without kids and we like it that way. We would love to cruise on an all adult cruise but i want to investigate it first. we also don't want to be on a ship made up mostly of swingers. LOL I think I would rather cruise with kids. LOL

Thanks,

Suzanne

No, but if you do 7 or more days, avoid holidays, March and April, most are adults.

Swings can be fun, myself I prefer a seesaw;)( sorry bout that ) hehe!

There are non swinger chartered cruises, that are adults only, but you will be paying a premium.

The OP just got off an October cruise :)

Hmmmmmm I didn't see that, thanks.

Well maybe it was a short cruise, we never go on those because we have to fly from the middle of the US to cruise we never go less than 7 days!!

Carole

Was just on a cruise last week and out of 3500+ there were only 110 under 18 years of age. Not bad at all. They also stated that a month earlier they had 1100 under 18. So make sure you cruise in the off season.

BTW, we loved the serenity adults only area!

No adults only ships. But if you cruise between October and February you will not have a lot of children, except during the holiday cruises.

We hardly see a child when we cruise in September/ October, or in Feb.

Happy Sailing!! Carole

We almost always cruise in the fall. We just got back from our last cruise just last week. I don't know what the percentage of kids were but there were quite a few, enough where it got a little annoying. We are planning our next cruise for next September. Most of our cruises have been September and October. We have cruised once in May and once in June but the others have been in the fall. We were just thinking all adult. Guess we will continue to do what we are doing. Thanks for the help!!!!!! :-)

Remember to count President's Week in February as one of the holidays, because they will have more kids. I know New York State schools are traditionally off President's Week.

Went on a weeklong cruise at the beginning of September last year. There were some kids, but we mostly hung out in the adult-only pool and hot tub. Pretty much the only kids were coming in for pizza. There was one couple who brought a 2-year-old with them into the hot tub - apparently the bigger kids scared her in the regular pools. We didn't argue 'cause she was cute as a button and very well-behaved, but they did say that they'd be glad to take her out if we'd like. :D

There are non swinger chartered cruises, that are adults only, but you will be paying a premium.:)

I was thinking one of those chartered clothing optional cruises, those would only be adults.

OP there are some charters that would only be adults, and then you could do whatever you wanted, you dont have to do what the group does.

Thanks,

Suzanne

Nope... despite the supposed 'party' reputation that Carnival is supposed to have it's a very family oriented cruise line. No adults only ships... sorry.

:)

Renaissance cruises was adults only. You had to be 18 to book a cruise. We did one and it was very nice but it was a completely different type of cruise since it was a 10 day from Tahiti. It was one of our best cruises but unfortunately, Renaissance went bankrupt about 10 years ago.

My husband and I did 2 small ship cruises, one of which had only 4 children under the age of 18(they were 5,11, 14, and 15) the other had maybe 20 kids.

Now we have a child and decided on Carnival because it is family friendly. We actually would love to go on the cruise lines we went on previously, but know people would not be excited to have our son there.

If adults only is what you want I'd suggest a small cruise line or even a river cruise. There are also some locations(Carribean, Mexico) that tend to have more kids than others. Also longer cruises tend to have less kids.

HAL? I know they have the rep as a "Geezer's" cruise line, but me and DW went two years ago in March to Mexico, and hardly any kids. Decent entertainment like shows and music, not hard partying obviously but not a broken hip bonanza either.

I'm looking forward to our first cruise with Carnival to compare. Kids don't really bother us (DW is a labor/delivery RN) but maybe a little more to do than what HAL has.

Honey, is it elegant night tonight? I'll need to find my bow tie for the pictures! :D;):eek:

LOL nah their web site says dress for dinner.

The charter is called bare necessities.

I think they also have a charter on Legend in 2012.

I found out about because several have threads set up over in the Funville forums at Carnival site.

Archived